Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Greek Mythology 101
Greek Mythology 101
Sep 5 2012, 5:54 pm
By: Fire_Kame
Pages: 1 2 37 >

Sep 5 2012, 5:54 pm Fire_Kame Post #1

wth is starcraft

This is a Kame RP. This is a short one and will most likely end by the end of next week. This is being done by popular demand and is intended to be lighthearted without getting entirely derailed. It is open ended. All you need to do is respond to the scenarios you are put in, or provide guidance on what you want the character to do. I might ignore posts if I think they represent blatant trolling or if they are unfunny (a hint: a joke is only funny once). Players control one character:

You are a freshman at the University of Stanton Education and Neurology. You are majoring in philosophy but are currently enrolled in some awesome elective classes including Greek Mythology 101, Creative Writing, Pottery 101, and Indonesian Politics. Your class sizes very, with over seventy students in your Greek Mythology class and a bare 30 in your Pottery class, with the other two classes ranging anywhere between. Your name is Pan Jolly - a shy, awkward eighteen year old who dislikes religion, people, and FIFA, but craves social interaction.

The story opens up in Greek Mythology 101, a 10AM Tuesday/Thursday class that lasts 1 hour and 15 minutes. Your professor is droning on about some awesome things Persephone did when you notice a new girl walking into the lecture hall late. No one seems to notice. She sits down next to you and pulls out her notebook and pen. She is incredibly cute.

Sep 5 2012, 6:10 pm Dem0n Post #2

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I turn to the girl sitting next to me.

"Hey, wanna hear something cool about the Minotaur and the labyrinth?"

:awesome:

Sep 5 2012, 6:37 pm Sacrieur Post #3

Still Napping

Ignore her and continue working on your death ray schematics.

None.

Sep 5 2012, 6:56 pm Fire_Kame Post #4

wth is starcraft

"Hey, do you want to hear about the minotaur and the labyrinth?" you ask in an absurdly high pitched voice for a young man.

The girl continues to write her notes without hesitation and says, "I was here for last week's lecture moron." You try to get a look at her notes, but she covers them with her arms. shot down, you go back to drawing your death ray schematics, which so far is a crude drawing of a bolt of lightening hitting a hangar.

Sep 5 2012, 7:26 pm Sacrieur Post #5

Still Napping

Discouraged by your inability to draw even the simplest of complete diagrams, begin obsessively writing pancake over and over in your notebook.

None.

Sep 5 2012, 7:30 pm Vrael Post #6

Say "Don't call me a moron, you moron."

None.

Sep 5 2012, 7:37 pm Fire_Kame Post #7

wth is starcraft

Pan starts to write "pancake" over and over again on the front of his trapper (with awesome power rangers, of course) with a ball point pen, his head slumped in his free hand. "Don't call me a moron, you moron," he says to the girl next to him.

"Excuse me?" she says, putting her own pen down and staring at him. Pan gambles a look in her direction. Her irises flash red. "No one calls me a moron," she whispers. Her eyes become slits, and she hisses something causing the room are you to grow dark. Almost as fast as it had happened, the lights come up again. The girl next to you is gone - although it appears she left behind her notebook and pen - and the rest of the lecture hall seems too absorbed with the lecture to have noticed anything strange.

Sep 5 2012, 7:42 pm Vrael Post #8

Take her stuff and leave the classroom -- clearly there are more important supernatural matters going on here than sitting through greek mythology 101. Obviously however, since you both happen to be in Greek Mythology 101, its possible she's some supernatural creature FROM greek mythology. Take her stuff and your Greek Mythology textbook to the library. Find a computer with interwebz and then check her stuff for her name. Bring up her name in the student directory and find out where she lives and all pertinent personal information. Then scour your greek mythology 101 textbook for creatures with red eyes that hiss. Like maybe a Siren or Medusa or something. Scratch medusa, looking at her would've killed me.

None.

Sep 5 2012, 8:14 pm Fire_Kame Post #9

wth is starcraft

Greek Mythology comes to a close before you decide your next move, and so you exit the classroom with the rest of your classmates into a sea of students. You will miss Indonesian Politics if you go to the library for too long but that's fine, because you're pretty sure your professor is just going to give a lecture. Your head throbs with pain and you feel dizzy walking through a maze of students towards the nearest computer lab. Since you are still in one of the class buildings the labs you pass are already rented by teachers for their classes. You finally find a computer lab dedicated to the dilapidated Graphic Design Program, and so it is nearly empty save for one lab tech sitting at the front, who you're pretty sure is the guy you saw stumbling around campus last night in a drunk stupor, calling for some chick named Mary. He seems preoccupied with a game of angry birds. You walk towards a computer, but he stops you. "Can I help you?" he asks in a bored, self important voice.

"I uh...I just want to use a computer..." you respond. He smirks.

"Are you in the Graphic Design Program?" he asks calmly. The air around you electrifies.

"Yes...?" You respond. He slams his fists down on the front desk he was sitting at, breaking it into two pieces, wooden shrapnel spilling out.

"You liar!" he says, his voice transforming into a computer generated voice. You recognize it as one of the voices the old iMacs would come with - otherworldly and monotone. He flexes, ripping his shirt and the fake skin that is covering his robotic arms. Tentacle like power cords shoot out from his back. "I will kill you now!" The power cords fly forward towards you, you dodge them and they break the drywall behind you.

Sep 5 2012, 8:18 pm Vrael Post #10

Say "SUDO SHUTDOWN NOW"

Then scream like a little girl "SHIT, THAT'S LINUX NOT OSX!!!"

Then run for your life.

None.

Sep 5 2012, 8:18 pm Sacrieur Post #11

Still Napping

Thinking back quickly to your brief internship at Aperture Science, you shout, "DOES A SET OF ALL SETS INCLUDE ITSELF?"

None.

Sep 5 2012, 8:34 pm Fire_Kame Post #12

wth is starcraft

Unable to come to a logical conclusion about whether or not the set includes itself, the Intern-Robot falls to the ground, the human skin and clothes forming back around the robotic casing as the intern falls asleep. You step around him and to the nearest computer, logging in with your student id and password. The intern at your feet is probably not hurt, and a pool of drool has appeared around his lips. As the beach ball of death spins in front of you you flip through the girl's notebook. The first several pages contain stupid doodles of stars, swirls and spirals, with the occasional random word like HATE or PAIN etched in a harsh style. Finally you reach a page with content.

Hello Pan,
Welcome to my game.
You will find that the campus will be quite a bit more hostile from now on...
That is, unless you find a token I hold close to my heart.
-Reese

Nothing else is written in the book, and no loose leaf notes have her name on it. Looking up "Reese" warrants no response, and there are over fifty Reeses registered on Facebook in your school's network, most of which have closed profiles or no profile picture to look at.

Sep 5 2012, 9:17 pm Vrael Post #13

Pull up "Call Me Maybe" on Youtube and listen to it.

None.

Sep 5 2012, 9:20 pm lil-Inferno Post #14

Just here for the pie

Acquire Reese's peanut butter cup.

Sep 5 2012, 9:43 pm rayNimagi Post #15

Go to your next class.

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Sep 6 2012, 2:01 am Fire_Kame Post #16

wth is starcraft

Although you want to see the music video you know that "Call Me Maybe" is on your iPod, and so flip it on, hit up a nearby vending machine to kill your craving for Reese's Peanut Butter cups (unfortunately the closest it had are peanut butter m&ms, so you make due and get these instead) and walk to class. Like normal, the student assistant that normally teaches your Indonesian Politics class is late, so even though you were late by fifteen minutes he had not arrived yet, and you find the classroom in it's normal upheaval. There are only fifteen people attending lecture today (which isn't completely abnormal), and so you sit in the back of the classroom and pull out your notebook, reexamining your "Death Ray" drawing. The class is split up into tables that seat four each, but most of them are barely filled up with your table being completely empty. While deliberating on whether or not you should add more pancakes, you realize that you are not alone at your table. You look over beside you and realize Reese is sitting next to you. "Hi Pan," she says slowly and deliberately, "this is mine..." she says, drawing her notebook out from your backpack. She opens it and places her pen on a blank page. You are certain that she is not normally in this class.

Sep 6 2012, 2:13 am lil-Inferno Post #17

Just here for the pie

You need to stop this madness. Punch Reese in the face.

Sep 6 2012, 2:20 am Fire_Kame Post #18

wth is starcraft

You punch Reese in the face with conviction, giving her a bloody nose and jarring your hand. "Attacking me won't stop it," she says as the world turns black again. When the world fades back in you are in the middle of a slide show presentation of the people of the Indonesian government and are sweating profusely. No one else seems to notice your state, and Reese is gone again, taking her notebook with her.

Sep 6 2012, 2:22 am lil-Inferno Post #19

Just here for the pie

Pray to God for forgiveness despite your atheist ways.

Sep 6 2012, 2:27 am Fire_Kame Post #20

wth is starcraft

It doesn't seem like a sincere apology, and so offense is still taken by Reese.

Options
Pages: 1 2 37 >
  Back to forum