Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Jack's Let's Plays and such
Jack's Let's Plays and such
Apr 2 2012, 11:19 pm
By: Jack  

Apr 2 2012, 11:19 pm Jack Post #1

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Hey people, I've recently started doing some Let's Plays of Brood War UMS, among other things. The first two are up at http://www.youtube.com/Starcraft2Tutorials (yeah it's both SC1 and SC2, not much SC2 yet though ;o)
This is the second one:

First one had bad sound so yeah :P
I'll take requests, although I currently have all the maps from the 2011 Last Stand RPG contest to finish before I get on with other maps. I'll try do a video a week, so if you subscribe you'll be getting regular content, although that's up to you of course.

Videos are best watched in highest quality (480 I believe). I'll possibly use a resolution expander so I can record in higher resolution; I'll see how that goes first.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 2 2012, 11:36 pm CecilSunkure Post #2

This is really cool of you and all, but I feel bad you had to play that map :( It's not user friendly or finished at all D:

None.

Apr 2 2012, 11:50 pm Jack Post #3

Quote from CecilSunkure
This is really cool of you and all, but I feel bad you had to play that map :( It's not user friendly or finished at all D:
s'ok, I had fun working it out. And I'm thinking of doing a speedrun of Recursion RPG :3 that's more userfriendly, and took a little thinking to work out, although I followed your thought pattern pretty easily.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 3 2012, 12:53 am Oh_Man Post #4

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

You should do some Let's Plays of Spellsword + Death Knights 3.

Apr 3 2012, 1:18 am Tempz Post #5

How do you record starcraft since i tried and it didn't work.

None.

Apr 3 2012, 1:22 am The Starport Post #6

You have my sympathies if you any force of the universe compels you to play Rush. :hurr:

None.

Apr 3 2012, 1:24 am RIVE Post #7

Just Here For The Pie

Subscribed.

By the way:

None.

Apr 3 2012, 1:31 am Jack Post #8

Quote from Oh_Man
You should do some Let's Plays of Spellsword + Death Knights 3.
Definitely, although I'll finish the RPGs from the contest first, and then I have a couple of requests already.

Quote from Tempz
How do you record starcraft since i tried and it didn't work.
I use Growler Guncam to record it. You can see the software I used in the credits at the end.

Quote from RIVE
Subscribed.

Red classic.

Apr 3 2012, 1:33 am Dem0n Post #9

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Fraps is super easy to use as well, if you know where to get it from. :awesome:

Apr 3 2012, 1:49 am Tempz Post #10

Guncam works for starcraft but I'm getting an annoying color problem.

None.

Apr 3 2012, 2:53 pm Oh_Man Post #11

I'm confused are you reviewing the contest RPGs or just Let's Playing them?

If you are gonna do reviews you should do shorter vids with cut together footage while you do VO talking about the pros and cons and your overall judgement.

Apr 4 2012, 4:03 am Jack Post #12

They're not reviews, they're Let's Plays. Sometimes I do my reviewing at the same time, other times separately. I write on a bit of paper my review notes though. I suppose I could do review-style videos as well.

Red classic.

Apr 4 2012, 4:07 am Oh_Man Post #13

Well since no one else is reviewing the Contest you definitely should.

Apr 4 2012, 6:27 pm Tempz Post #14

I recommend you make shorter videos like review videos as people find those more exciting to watch.

None.

Apr 9 2012, 9:48 pm Oh_Man Post #15

Do you use fraps to record? How do you not end up raping your hard drive space when doing really long recordings.

Apr 9 2012, 9:52 pm The Starport Post #16

Quote from Oh_Man
Do you use fraps to record? How do you not end up raping your hard drive space when doing really long recordings.
Probably with some manner of lossy encoding algorithm.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 26 2012, 12:01 pm by Tuxlar.

None.

Apr 9 2012, 10:56 pm Jack Post #17

I use Growler Guncam to record. I record onto an external hard drive which has plenty of space. Because I'm recording in SC's resolution (only 640x480), the size is smaller than if I was recording my max screen resolution. It still chews up more than 10 gigabytes though :P

Red classic.

Apr 10 2012, 1:21 am IskatuMesk Post #18

Lord of the Locker Room

I can record about 5-7 hours of 720p (using fraps) onto a terabyte depending on resolution, so low-resolution videos don't really eat that much in the grand scheme.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Apr 23 2012, 10:35 pm Mouse Post #19

If you guys help me with recording your screen, I can do a Cat n Mouse tutorial. I made a lot of them and am not half bad.

None.

Apr 23 2012, 11:06 pm Jack Post #20

Record your screen using Growler Guncam, it seems to be one of the best for recording StarCraft. If you need help with the settings I can help you.

Red classic.

Options
  Back to forum