Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: PvP Terraria #3
PvP Terraria #3
Aug 23 2011, 4:22 pm
By: TiKels
Pages: < 1 2 3 46 >

Aug 23 2011, 9:53 pm LoveLess Post #21

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Who cares if people rush? It's not imba in anyway; you'd just fight with wooden weapons.

We don't need that many rules. Stop over thinking it.
They can rush all they want. The point is to put distance. No competitive game has ever spawned enemies next to each other at the start of the game, so why start here.

None.

Aug 23 2011, 10:12 pm lil-Inferno Post #22

Just here for the pie

Who cares if people rush? It's not imba in anyway; you'd just fight with wooden weapons.

We don't need that many rules. Stop over thinking it.
I actually agree with Demon. ;o

Aug 24 2011, 3:05 am The Starport Post #23

Quote from TiKels
Edit: And actually, I'd rather not have to enact a "no rush" rule, so we might want to go for a medium sized world and allow huge distances to be rush prevention. I mean honestly.
I have no problem with rushing. kekekek

Though I have no problem with a "no attack until sunrise" rule, either.

Also another rule should be no holing in. Example would be you and your team digs straight down, then fills it like it was never dug. You can hide all you want, just no 'impossible' to find scenarios.
How about simply not going below depth 0. That cuts off a lot of ambiguity.

Hiding is fine, since it means you're not exploring or fortifying, and thus falling behind.

None.

Aug 24 2011, 3:57 am UnholyUrine Post #24

You could also have two people die as Hardcore and get ghosts, then use them as like Spectators/Judges to follow and make sure each team is being law abiding citizens.

Omg, Me, ME!

so btw.. how is this supposed to work?
we just start a new character and go into the map "guns ablazing"?

None.

Aug 24 2011, 4:08 am lil-Inferno Post #25

Just here for the pie

Quote from UnholyUrine
You could also have two people die as Hardcore and get ghosts, then use them as like Spectators/Judges to follow and make sure each team is being law abiding citizens.

Omg, Me, ME!

Make a new hardcore character in a new world.
Join red, blue, yellow, or green with the other 2 members of your team.
Go left or right (opposite of the other team).
Enable PvP when you're far enough.
Start gathering materials and other goodies.
Make a base and stuff.
Chaos.
???
Profit.

Oh and why does the OP say "Roles" for people who signed up? ;o

Aug 24 2011, 10:41 am ShadowFlare Post #26

Quote from TiKels
I am open to suggestions as to how we should set up bases. Should we just drop the players off and say GOGOGO? Shadow said that there could be a setspawn command so that when you die you go to your team's spawn, so this could allow for bases to be set up independent of each other (team joins, picks base, sets spawn, leaves, repeat for all teams).
Actually I just meant a command to set server-side what it tells everyone is the spawn point, so it can be set before each team joins, giving each team an opportunity to place a bed (maybe provided for the team? just in case someone gets disconnected) and use it to set their spawn when they can. Default spawn would be reset to the default after all teams have set their spawns. If I do it at all, it will be the last thing, since it isn't really necessary (though maybe would help if we do more than 2 teams). Probably not complicated to implement, though, unless I try to do something to automate some aspect of it.

Other ideas mentioned already or that I've thought up:

- Team-specific NPCs by spawning NPCs on a per-team basis, flagging blocks based on which team placed them, and NPCs only picking houses made by that team.
- Possibly tweaking the world generator to make a more balanced world for 2-sided play with 2 jungles and 2 dungeons. Another option would be jungle and dungeon in the center, though that might make setting the starting spawn a necessity.
- Change default chat to party chat and use a special command for messages to all? (currently /p is party chat)

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 24 2011, 11:00 am by ShadowFlare.

None.

Aug 24 2011, 2:44 pm TiKels Post #27

I didn't know there was party chat, and there's a good chance that this will be 3 teamed. I'm less worried about the dungeon balance than anything, as it appears to be unlikely that we'll get that far.
Quote from UnholyUrine
You have to sign up first (Are you signing up?)

Same thing to you shadow, are you playing?

@Inf, It says roles because I liked the way "roles and rules" sounded.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 24 2011, 4:55 pm The Starport Post #28

- Change default chat to party chat and use a special command for messages to all? (currently /p is party chat)
We could just use Steam voice chat if we all have mics.

None.

Aug 24 2011, 5:13 pm Dem0n Post #29

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Steam chat is terrible. Just use vent or teamspeak. >_>

Aug 24 2011, 6:31 pm TiKels Post #30

I know like 3 different teamspeaks and a vent that we can use. I said in the OP that we would be using teamspeak. I'd imagine some may not have a mic. Well, I don't have steam.... But I do have a mic

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 24 2011, 6:34 pm UnholyUrine Post #31

I'll sign up for watching it.. don't want to actually be part of any team.. Just want to watch as a ghost.

None.

Aug 24 2011, 7:31 pm The Starport Post #32

Steam chat is terrible. Just use vent or teamspeak. >_>
I haven't had any problems with Steam's voice chat. My mic sucks anyway so it's not like it matters much to me, though. :P

None.

Aug 24 2011, 7:35 pm The Starport Post #33

Supplemental footage:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/jt5gx/psisyndicates_2v2_capture_the_gem_series_1/

None.

Aug 24 2011, 7:36 pm x-EnAlex Post #34

Reminds me of FortWars: Source.

None.

Aug 25 2011, 1:03 am TiKels Post #35

With sammy bailing we need 1 more person to hit 6!

Someone join and I'll love you forever!

-NudeRaider

Aug 25 2011, 6:06 pm TiKels Post #36

It is 2:00 PM (at least)

We are currently waiting on Loveless, Shadowflare, and Azrael.Wrath.

Go to Shadow's server, port 7775

Edit: Azrael showed up.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 25 2011, 7:02 pm by TiKels.

-NudeRaider

Aug 25 2011, 10:34 pm ShadowFlare Post #37

I was able to get working tagging of walls to the team who placed them, which was fairly easy, but haven't been able to get team-specific NPCs working yet. We might be able to get away with increasing the maximum numbers of each town NPC for now if we have some building rules, like having no more than one empty room at a time, so you don't possibly steal the other team's NPCs.

I did get the default team chat worked out and adjusted the team chat colors to be more readable.

None.

Aug 26 2011, 12:41 am TiKels Post #38

We're rescheduling due to no-shows and lack of plugins. Probably demon will be able to play first game after all ;D

I think it might be safe to say we might just end up doing it without plugins, just for a fun run.

Let's try this again...

SATURDAY 2:00 PM EST

I actually really like that font blown up, looks blocky and cool.

-NudeRaider

Aug 26 2011, 2:16 am The Starport Post #39

k.

I may or may not have dirty tricks in store. :shifty:

None.

Aug 26 2011, 2:18 am LoveLess Post #40

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
k.

I may or may not have dirty tricks in store. :shifty:

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 46 >
  Back to forum