Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: Starcraft 'Longer Than Usual' Mapping Contest
Starcraft 'Longer Than Usual' Mapping Contest
Aug 9 2011, 4:58 am
By: Dem0n
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1516 >

Sep 23 2011, 5:47 am Legion Post #241

'L' must stand for 'lol' because that's what I got out of this post - a good laugh. Seriously, this is nobody's job. Creating campaigns requires time and effort, sure, but that's no reason to demand a fully-serious environment. This is neither a schoolhouse nor the White House. No need for a superbly-professional outlook. Clearly, something like that would have helped, but saying "you guys are unprofessional; therefore I'm going to be too high-strung to participate with you" is much more unprofessional than what was 'displayed over the past few pages'. You did that out of spite, quite frankly, and if that's not immature/unprofessional, then no such adjectives should be used to describe pages 8-12.

Personally, I think I've said enough already, and evidently touched a nerve here. But if you need an explanation, I don't feel I'm better than anyone else. I do think too much of myself (and anyone) to be joining in the discussions I've seen here. Uncertainty about deadlines, I mean, hell, isn't that the ONE thing a contest should be clear on! Even if it's nobody's job, that doesn't mean there don't have to be rules and a general idea of how to go about this. I'm not attacking you in any way, I'm glad you found the time and energy to produce something as elaborate as a SC campaign. In fact, I'm not attacking anyone. This contest was probably the worst SC mapping contest I've seen - I'M JUST SAYING.

None.

Sep 23 2011, 6:41 pm Dem0n Post #242

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

And the campaign contest on cc.org was sooooo good man. Trying to give people bonuses for turning submissions in early (aka not taking time to fully test them), giving certain people longer deadlines than others, changing deadlines multiple times.... God damn, y'all sure know how to host shit properly.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 24 2011, 3:11 pm by Dem0nS1ayer.

Sep 23 2011, 6:52 pm Pr0nogo Post #243

"probably the worst SC mapping contest I've seen"

lol how many can you really go off of

Sep 23 2011, 6:53 pm Sacrieur Post #244

Still Napping

Don't mind demon, he's just taking it personally.

Many SC contests are very unprofessional, which led me to create SEN Rampage.

None.

Sep 24 2011, 8:20 am Legion Post #245

Pronogo, Ive seen a couple since '99. But most recently 3 or 4.

None.

Sep 24 2011, 8:21 am Legion Post #246

Is it too late to offer my apologies to all of you?

None.

Sep 24 2011, 9:14 am IskatuMesk Post #247

Lord of the Locker Room

Quote from Pr0nogo
'L' must stand for 'lol' because that's what I got out of this post - a good laugh.

I ran this through my quantum aggregation machine and the only result I got for "L" was "Lard".

I thought you should know since your initial calculations were so far off the dong vector it's ridiculous.

Also, Jack's campaign was amazing and I loved it.

/e And Legion, no, I have no forgiveness in my heart. Not for man or beast, king or peasant, African swallow or walrus.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Sep 24 2011, 12:14 pm HelpMe Post #248

Quote from Legion
Is it too late to offer my apologies to all of you?

You can release your new campaign as an apology. :D

None.

Sep 24 2011, 2:01 pm Legion Post #249

Mine's still gonna take a few weeks, but I'll do that. Anyway, I hope we can still play friends with each other dispite me being the whiney little bitch around here.

Demon, I forgive you for your silly profanity if you forgive me my trespasses.

None.

Sep 27 2011, 1:15 am Pr0nogo Post #250

Any news on the judging? It's been far too long.

Sep 27 2011, 1:38 am Dem0n Post #251

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

D: Sorry yooooooo. I've played through some of the missions and I'm almost done critiquing one of the submissions. I'll try to get it to you guys really soon!<3333

Sep 27 2011, 1:59 am Pr0nogo Post #252

He best be playing Rivalry.
You did get the latest fix off the post right?

Sep 27 2011, 2:04 am xAngelSpiritx Post #253

eternal lurker

I am finished most of my testing. All that remains is to finish the last mission of Rivalry.

None.

Sep 27 2011, 2:13 am Pr0nogo Post #254

Finish as in completely play from the beginning or finish as in you've started already?

Sep 27 2011, 9:01 pm HelpMe Post #255

Quote from Pr0nogo
You did get the latest fix off the post right?

Lol, if the judges play the wrong version Pr0's gonna tear his hair out, he's taken the 25% penalty just to get it right. :lol:

None.

Sep 27 2011, 9:54 pm Pr0nogo Post #256

Quote from HelpMe
Lol, if the judges play the wrong version Pr0's gonna tear his hair out, he's taken the 25% penalty just to get it right. :lol:

Yes.

Sep 29 2011, 10:57 pm xAngelSpiritx Post #257

eternal lurker

My judging is now finished and submitted to Dem0n. As soon as he gives the say-so I'll go ahead and post it up here.

None.

Sep 30 2011, 12:50 am Pr0nogo Post #258

That's cool. Hopefully, Dem0n will actually get to completing his judging soon. It's been far too long.

Oct 1 2011, 12:36 am HelpMe Post #259

It's getting cOLD in here... at this rate the thrill of this whole contest will be gone. Where are the reviews?

None.

Oct 1 2011, 12:45 am Dem0n Post #260

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

They're coming. Don't worry.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1516 >
  Back to forum