Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Temple Siege
Temple Siege
Jul 11 2011, 10:33 pm
By: luzzotica
Pages: < 1 2 3

Jul 15 2011, 12:46 am luzzotica Post #41

Ok guys I have a problem. I got a virus and it wiped my harddrive so to speak so my map is gone :(

My map was private and locked so there is no way to get it back I think. Is there any way to get passed this? I believe I have some older version of it on a flashdrive but starting from there would set me back a ton, and i REALLY dont want to redo everything that Ive just done. So any1 please give feedback on the subject. I dont want to restart if i dont have to.

None.

Jul 15 2011, 12:54 am DevliN Post #42

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

There is a way to download and unprotect "Locked" maps, but you'd sort of have to reconstruct it after doing so.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Jul 15 2011, 12:59 am luzzotica Post #43

How? I would like to know. And what to u mean i would have to reconstruct it?

None.

Jul 15 2011, 1:03 am Jack Post #44

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

When you 'unlock' a locked map your triggers and data are all stored in forms which the editor won't natively open; you have to reassemble them in a new map in such a way that the editor can read them. And it's a lot of work and requires a fair bit of jnowledge about how MPQs and SC2 and XMLs work.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jul 15 2011, 1:05 am luzzotica Post #45

hmmm, so its kinda like defragmenting your computer? You take all of the files that are stored elsewhere and put them together so they work again?

I have no idea what MPQ's or XMLs are. Haha

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 15 2011, 1:11 am by luzzotica.

None.

Jul 15 2011, 1:08 am Jack Post #46

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/general/general-chat/13581-sot-is-unlocked/ explains how. And not exactly. When your map is locked, blizzard places all the triggers in a single file (which the editor can't read, but SC2 can). Same for data, and most of the map info. Now, when you unlock a map you reassemble these files in such a way that the editor CAN read them.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jul 15 2011, 1:12 am luzzotica Post #47

Got it, thanks so much. Haha

None.

Jul 15 2011, 1:35 am luzzotica Post #48

I got my map back. I ran search for it and it was still there, all my maps are still there but my Editor isnt showing them :><: Gosh I feel stupid right now.

Thanks for the help in my darkest hour guys xD

None.

Jul 15 2011, 3:00 am Decency Post #49

Glad to hear you found your map. If you haven't already, save an extra copy of it somewhere other than your hard drive and update that whenever you make progress.

It's worth it in the long run.

None.

Jul 15 2011, 4:49 am luzzotica Post #50

Ya from what happened I can tell that it is. Idk where I would save it tho. Maybe a flash drive? Dropbox would work too wouldnt it?

None.

Jul 15 2011, 5:19 am Decency Post #51

Yep, either is fine. Both doesn't hurt either if you're prone to losing things. =p

None.

Jul 15 2011, 4:03 pm luzzotica Post #52

Lost my map again.... I placed it on the desktop and went to sleep but when I got back on this morning I realized it was a temporary account because my original is "corrupted"

Now the map is gone. Idk where it went or what happened to it. Even the Starcraft 2 editor that I placed on the desktop it gone :( This is horrible. I hate viruses.

Edit: Found a version of my map that isnt too far back from when the game crashed and the map autosaved :D Still sucks RLY bad, but atleast its not as bad as it could have been. Ive also saved my map in 3 different locations for safekeeping.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 15 2011, 4:48 pm by luzzotica.

None.

Jul 16 2011, 12:45 am ClansAreForGays Post #53

not sure if trolling or just really stupid...

Jul 16 2011, 2:52 am luzzotica Post #54

What..? Im trolling?

None.

Oct 22 2011, 2:46 pm Tempz Post #55

Seeing this topic made me so excited then i looked and saw it wasn't by UnholyUrine and was like :hurr:

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum