Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
May 27 2011, 11:41 pm
By: StarBlue
Pages: < 1 « 20 21 22 23 24 >

Polls
Best Voice Acting
Best Voice Acting
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Twilight Sparkle (Tara Strong, Rebecca Shoichet) 5

20%
Applejack (Ashleigh Ball) 3

12%
Rarity (Tabitha St. Germain, Kazumi Evans) 4

16%
Pinkie Pie (Andrea Libman, Shannon Chan-Kent) 4

16%
Fluttershy (Andrea Libman) 6

24%
Rainbow Dash (Ashleigh Ball) 3

12%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 25 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Jan 14 2013, 7:37 am UnholyUrine Post #421

None.

Jan 21 2013, 4:34 pm Fire_Kame Post #422

wth is starcraft

Keep Calm and Flutter On was a great episode. I hope that Discord comes back in the next season as an adviser slash court jester.

Fluttershy is best pony.

Jan 21 2013, 9:21 pm UnholyUrine Post #423

ehh I beg to differ

I think the pacing of the ending wasn't very well done, and could've had more conflict and buildup to the vulgar beavers
the whole thing is a bit loosely tied and it has a handful of loopholes in the story.

but the visual gags for discord was pretty hilarious :P

None.

Jan 22 2013, 3:57 am Fire_Kame Post #424

wth is starcraft

I think it was meant to be a two part episode that had to be rushed into one due to availble time. There were a lot of subtle build ups and actions that I quite enjoyed.

Jan 23 2013, 6:26 am UnholyUrine Post #425

One thing I most liked about this episode:

the possibilities!

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 25 2013, 3:23 am by UnholyUrine.

None.

Jan 27 2013, 5:12 pm UnholyUrine Post #426

never thought about that...
even I don't care about spike.. poor spike

None.

Jan 30 2013, 4:04 pm Fire_Kame Post #427

wth is starcraft

Who's excited for alicorn twilight? :wtfawesome:

Jan 31 2013, 7:01 am UnholyUrine Post #428

It's like Friendship is Witchcraft coming true :wtfawesome:

What's next? Pinkie becoming a Gypsy?
Oh, shi- wait!

I'm interested to see how they'll deal with it, but it has the potential to fall flat in its face

None.

Feb 7 2013, 5:45 pm Fire_Kame Post #429

wth is starcraft

DON'T. WATCH IT.

Feb 9 2013, 4:14 am EzDay281 Post #430

Mane6 (Fighting is Magic) has received a Cease & Desist and is, until further notice, cancelled.
I was never much interested in the game, but damn if it didn't have some impressive animation. Major disappointment.

None.

Feb 9 2013, 6:36 am The Starport Post #431

Funny how they wait until it's so far into development to do that...

None.

Feb 10 2013, 2:28 am UnholyUrine Post #432

This article here: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/regarding-fighting-is-magic-takedown.html#more
is able to shed some light into this whole situation

I think it's sad, and the real fault lies in US's terrible IP/trademark legal system.

Anyway, a slither of hope rests on Lauren Faust's comment on the issue, saying she can make original characters for the game. But since some of the developers have already left the team, it's going to be very faint slither.

On another note,
Today's episode was brought to you by Dave Polsky.
Today's episode was definitely better written than Spike at your Service and Keep Calm and Flutter On. Even though the whole story was predictable, the character development of this episode was great: Twilight learning to slowly breathe to not get Nervous, Cadence and Rarity was interesting, Rainbow Dash is as brash as ever but learns a bit, and the pony with the chicken cutie-mark was excellent. HOWEVER, two major gripes. 1) RD's statement at the end with Princess Cadence was really awkward and felt shoehorned in, and 2) Dave Polsky totally messed up Pinkie Pies' gags this time.. Pinkie Pie's random, not stupid. Why would she stick her tongue out.

I also loved the continuation from last week's episode :D.
get to see spike break a cold sweat twice. Also, inb4 season 4 olympic games with RD getting a world record and/or lightling dust making a return :D

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 10 2013, 2:34 am by UnholyUrine.

None.

Feb 11 2013, 8:22 am UnholyUrine Post #433

hmm

None.

Feb 11 2013, 5:10 pm Fire_Kame Post #434

wth is starcraft

*Alicorn

Feb 12 2013, 5:09 am UnholyUrine Post #435

SPOILERS WARNING

Voices seem lower than usual? Fluttershy really sounded like pinkie pie because of the lower tone XD (same actor I know)

None.

Feb 16 2013, 4:11 pm UnholyUrine Post #436

Oh dear,

Talk about bending over backwards from the animators/storywriters just to please both Hasbro and the Fans.
And that ending quote "Everything is going to be fine" .. that left me more worried than anything else.

I don't feel angry or sad about this. I feel sorry for the talented people behind this show putting so much effort into pleasing the higher-up's "Alicorn Twilight" Gambit.. This feeling.. is just awful. More so than rage or whatever...

it seems the true villain for season 3 is Hasbro.

None.

Feb 16 2013, 9:42 pm Fire_Kame Post #437

wth is starcraft

God dammit. Why do you even watch the show when you so obviously hate it?

I really liked this episode. Many a manly tear was shed.

Feb 16 2013, 10:15 pm EzDay281 Post #438

Quote from Fire_Kame
God dammit. Why do you even watch the show when you so obviously hate it?

I really liked this episode. Many Much a manly tear liquid pride was shed.
I'm going to tastelessly abuse that joke until everyone I know to watch this show is sick of it.

None.

Feb 17 2013, 2:13 am UnholyUrine Post #439

that liquid pride joke XD

The episode itself was good.. rushed, but good. Songs were good as well...

I was addressing the feeling that they're obviously bending over backwards just to satisfy both sides.. which I felt took potential away from the episode/finale of the season. We didn't get King Sombra, which I bet was going to be here if Hasbro didn't make them do Alicorn Twilight... We didn't get a 2 parter because Hasbro didn't allow a 26 episode season, causing the episode to be rushed.

I'm not trying to be offensive here, but Kame, don't be so defensive.. It's like defending Blizzard for SC2. Just.. don't do it. We all love the show.

None.

Feb 17 2013, 2:22 am Fire_Kame Post #440

wth is starcraft

Truthfully I haven't really seen youu say anything positive about mlp - and if I do, it is always qualified with a negative opinion attached. The station is owned by a toy company; what did you expect? The plan was always to make money from their toys at any means possible - look at the educational rating they forced on the first season to get higher viewership. Most tv shows aimed at children pull these stunts - what makes mlp amazing is that despite doing it to sell things they have really engaging characters and stories. I also believe if you look at the plot from all three seasons they have been building up to alicorn twilight; this isn't something that completely shocked me.

I'd like to say I'm not being defensive, but you...and other bronies who are only negative....seem to feel they have a higher claim on the show and its direction, and that the people that work on their show are puppets or talentless. Is there anything positive you can say without qualifying the statement with pessimism? If not, I suggest you might be happier with a different show.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 20 21 22 23 24 >
  Back to forum