Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm info
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm info
May 27 2011, 10:32 pm
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 57 >

May 30 2011, 10:44 pm ClansAreForGays Post #41

Quote from Neki
Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
They should let me write the story.
Blizzard has world class writers doing the story of SC2, working round the clock. They don't need you Tuxedo. :awesome:
They have top-tier writers, but they don't have StarCraft writers. There isn't a single writer from the original. They went out of their way to hire people who, professionally, for a living, hop from video game to video, tv-series to tv-series, to make cookie cutter adaptions. People that literally only played starcraft after they were hired. The executives don't want SC2 to have anything to do with SC1. They never even considered having the original Kerrigan reprise her role.
Unfortunately, Tux actually would be an improvement to their team. That's sad.

May 30 2011, 10:47 pm NicholasBeige Post #42

They also spent bazillions on professional voice actors which in my opinion completely destroyed the original Starcraft 'feeling' you would get when simply listening to the game.

I miss the Mutalisk attack sound, that still gives me shivers. What is truly sad is that a youtube search for Starcraft 1 Mutalisk returns 500 videos of starcraft 2 :(

None.

May 30 2011, 10:49 pm Neki Post #43

Comon guys, did you see the story for A&O? How could Tuxedo be a better writter? :D

None.

May 30 2011, 11:10 pm The Starport Post #44

Quote from Neki
They should let me write the story.
Blizzard has world class writers doing the story of SC2, working round the clock. They don't need you Tuxedo. :awesome:
Hah. Good one.

None.

May 30 2011, 11:10 pm Dem0n Post #45

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Because sc2's story was shit. Rush had a better plot than it.

May 30 2011, 11:11 pm The Starport Post #46

Rush had a plot? :wut:

None.

May 30 2011, 11:13 pm Sacrieur Post #47

Still Napping

I'm with the Protoss, just torch every world Zerg infested. Zeratul more or less acts alone, much like Raynor.

None.

May 30 2011, 11:16 pm Neki Post #48

That one guy goes on a revenge spree for them killing his sister, that's the plot I saw. But in the end, he really kills his own sister with his own hands. :awesome:

None.

May 30 2011, 11:19 pm The Starport Post #49

Quote from Neki
That one guy goes on a revenge spree for them killing his sister, that's the plot I saw. But in the end, he really kills his own sister with his own hands. :awesome:
STOP SPOILING MY SHIT U NUB :massimo:

None.

May 31 2011, 12:09 am Vrael Post #50

Zeratul and Kerrigan should definitely hook up. Kerrigan: Sorry Jim, his psi blades are just a little bit bigger than what you're packing

None.

May 31 2011, 1:06 am Ahli Post #51

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Screenshots available on Dutch site.

May 31 2011, 1:19 am The Starport Post #52

Whoa.

Blizzard is leaking like a faucet lately...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 31 2011, 1:25 am by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

May 31 2011, 1:26 am Ahli Post #53

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Whoa.

Blizzard is leaking like a faucet lately...
I just guess that every representative from the biggest starcraft page from every country who was invited to play HOTS during the last or last 2 weeks got an asset with screenshots to help writing them their articles and a few of these guys make some mistakes and might getting punished for that. ;D

Btw, one some screenshots ursadons getting attacked (instead of protoss base) -> it's a wc3 style campaign ;D level your hero...

The building on the left reminds me on Kerrigan's building in WoL. That might be the place where you can "revive" her.

May 31 2011, 1:28 am Dem0n Post #54

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

wtf kerrigan doesn't look at all how i imagined her. she's uber ugly! :crazy:

May 31 2011, 3:07 am Neki Post #55

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
wtf kerrigan doesn't look at all how i imagined her. she's uber ugly! :crazy:
Infestation tends to do that.

None.

May 31 2011, 6:07 am DevliN Post #56

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Neki
Comon guys, did you see the story for A&O? How could Tuxedo be a better writter? :D
:awesome:

Yeah, it looks like people aren't taking the NDA too seriously even though they should if they want to get invited back next year. :/

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 31 2011, 4:33 pm by DevliN.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 31 2011, 6:14 am UnholyUrine Post #57

I was trying to suggest the over-Americanization of SC2's story and its fetish with Patronage and War.. which is evident in many of today's FPS's.
I was gonna discuss it.. but since I've already received facepalms, I don't think I will..

Anyway, even if the teaser isn't riddled with cliche theatrics, the screenies are way more interesting and should be OP'd

Also.. if you still haven't figured it out...
Kerrigan wants to save Human Kind the Zerg
Kerrigan will have some magical super power Psionic power
Kerrigan will still need some more power to defeat The All Consuming Evil Xel' Naga/Hybrids, and will likely involve the One Dimensional AntagonistMensk.
Kerrigan will use all means to get this power.. which is the only place where the storyline COULD push out some interesting scripts, but it will probably be wittled down to talk friendship, patronage, love, or some other cliche factor that the typical American can understand, judging from the previous campaign, and raynor showing up in both the ending and the teaser.
Kerrigan will get this power and save Human kind the Zerg. (which is really ironic in it of itself..)

And there you have it....

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 31 2011, 6:22 am by UnholyUrine.

None.

May 31 2011, 6:25 am DevliN Post #58

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from UnholyUrine
Anyway, even if the teaser isn't riddled with cliche theatrics, the screenies are way more interesting and should be OP'd
Yeah, unless Ahli or Jack beat me to it, I'll probably add them tomorrow. Too tired now to deal with it.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 31 2011, 7:22 am Lanthanide Post #59

Quote from UnholyUrine
I was trying to suggest the over-Americanization of SC2's story and its fetish with Patronage and War.. which is evident in many of today's FPS's.
I was gonna discuss it.. but since I've already received facepalms, I don't think I will..

Also.. if you still haven't figured it out...
Kerrigan wants to save Human Kind the Zerg
Kerrigan will have some magical super power Psionic power
Kerrigan will still need some more power to defeat The All Consuming Evil Xel' Naga/Hybrids, and will likely involve the One Dimensional AntagonistMensk.
Kerrigan will use all means to get this power.. which is the only place where the storyline COULD push out some interesting scripts, but it will probably be wittled down to talk friendship, patronage, love, or some other cliche factor that the typical American can understand, judging from the previous campaign, and raynor showing up in both the ending and the teaser.
Kerrigan will get this power and save Human kind the Zerg. (which is really ironic in it of itself..)

And there you have it....
You should go to tvtropes.org, I can tell you'll just love it.

None.

May 31 2011, 10:13 am MadZombie Post #60

I'd kill myself if I was kerrigan. Whats the point of living if I'm not pretty.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 57 >
  Back to forum