Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: TERRARIA
TERRARIA
May 14 2011, 9:23 pm
By: MadZombie
Pages: < 1 « 21 22 23 24 2536 >

Jun 25 2011, 1:06 am shmeeps Post #441

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Shmeeps, the system you provided is working marvelously. I will never need to worry about lack of lava again :D
Awesome, glad it works for you!

None.

Jun 25 2011, 1:43 am Dem0n Post #442

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from ShadowFlare
Quote from lil-Inferno
Quote from Neki
Water evaporates in the underworld now?
You may as well just read the patch notes because a lot of content was added and some tweaks made such as that. I haven't been to it yet but I've heard that hell is a lot easier to explore now.

Since they have increased the types of monsters down there beyond just fire imps and bone serpents, there is less of a chance that those will spawn and there are less slots open for them because of the ones often taken up by the other monsters. When they do spawn, they take up more than one slot each, especially the bone serpent, which uses several. (some aspects of this are currently improperly implemented in 1.0.5, though)
This game is now weaksauce. :massimo: Skeletron and Hell now suck. >_>

Jun 25 2011, 2:39 am lil-Inferno Post #443

Just here for the pie

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Quote from ShadowFlare
Quote from lil-Inferno
Quote from Neki
Water evaporates in the underworld now?
You may as well just read the patch notes because a lot of content was added and some tweaks made such as that. I haven't been to it yet but I've heard that hell is a lot easier to explore now.

Since they have increased the types of monsters down there beyond just fire imps and bone serpents, there is less of a chance that those will spawn and there are less slots open for them because of the ones often taken up by the other monsters. When they do spawn, they take up more than one slot each, especially the bone serpent, which uses several. (some aspects of this are currently improperly implemented in 1.0.5, though)
This game is now weaksauce. :massimo: Skeletron and Hell now suck. >_>
Start a new character like everyone else is, nub.

Jun 25 2011, 3:23 am Neki Post #444

You didn't actually answer my question Inferno.

None.

Jun 25 2011, 3:32 am LoveLess Post #445

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Neki
You didn't actually answer my question Inferno.
Lava now evaporates water when it isn't like super direct flow/contact, for the most part. I still can get water in hell though, so I doubt it completely evaporates. I think the water -> lava is about it.

None.

Jun 25 2011, 3:33 am Azrael Post #446

To anyone who may know: Is there any method to destroy either water or lava? As in, can you make an infinite waterfall and have it not end up flooding your entire world over time?

It seems my question was ninja'd with half the answer lol, water can apparently be destroyed with close proximity to lava.

Now, is there any way to dispose of lava that's being infinitely generated, glitches or otherwise?

Jun 25 2011, 6:46 am shmeeps Post #447

To anyone who may know: Is there any method to destroy either water or lava? As in, can you make an infinite waterfall and have it not end up flooding your entire world over time?

It seems my question was ninja'd with half the answer lol, water can apparently be destroyed with close proximity to lava.

Now, is there any way to dispose of lava that's being infinitely generated, glitches or otherwise?
You can place blocks of any type on a block of liquid (dirt works best), wait a second for the liquid to "disappear" from on top of the placed brick, and then break the brick, and it will remove that block of liquid. It's time consuming, but it works.

None.

Jun 25 2011, 4:21 pm Heinermann Post #448

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Not sure but can't liquid drain out of the bottom of the map? Keep in mind there are several tiles beyond the client's boundries that you can't get to.

Jun 25 2011, 4:44 pm LoveLess Post #449

It still works to some extent, but you can put a door next to any liquid and spam open/close, which will completely delete nearby liquids.

None.

Jun 25 2011, 4:57 pm Azrael Post #450

Looking for something automated, much like the way the infinite waterfall is automated once it starts (although knowing these tricks certainly doesn't hurt ^^). As an example, I was hoping maybe if you pour lava onto obsidian it would disappear, I had it happen once but I figured it wasn't easily reproducible.

Quote from Heinermann
Not sure but can't liquid drain out of the bottom of the map? Keep in mind there are several tiles beyond the client's boundries that you can't get to.

Is there any way to expand the client's boundaries to see them?

Jun 25 2011, 6:06 pm LoveLess Post #451

Looking for something automated, much like the way the infinite waterfall is automated once it starts (although knowing these tricks certainly doesn't hurt ^^). As an example, I was hoping maybe if you pour lava onto obsidian it would disappear, I had it happen once but I figured it wasn't easily reproducible.

Quote from Heinermann

Just make a drain to hell. Or throw some dynamite and make a huge vat.

None.

Jun 25 2011, 7:46 pm Azrael Post #452

Quote from LoveLess

It'll still eventually flood your world with lava though, right? Or would it take such an incredibly long time that you'd never see it happen?

Jun 25 2011, 10:20 pm shmeeps Post #453

Quote from LoveLess

It still works to some extent, but you can put a door next to any liquid and spam open/close, which will completely delete nearby liquids.
Correct, but this seems to stop water flow if you spam it too quick. I think they implemented something to stall water if too much moves in a certain area, which is generally what happens in dupes and deletes. The same thing now happens with the bick overlay method too.

Quote from Heinermann

This seems to be hardcoded. Also, the edge of the map seems very glitchy, some monsters will walk off the edge and disappear, some will come back. Liquids seem to do the same. I know there are actual blocks off the side of the map, since you can break them (we broke a ton while draining the ocean), but I'm not sure how deep it is or what exactly happens if anything goes too far off the edge.
Quote from LoveLess

It'll still eventually flood your world with lava though, right? Or would it take such an incredibly long time that you'd never see it happen?
It would take a long while, especially if you have a medium or large world, but yes, it would eventually.

None.

Jun 25 2011, 10:57 pm Azrael Post #454

Alright thanks, sounds promising. Looks like on Monday I'll be experimenting with using the edge of the map for draining purposes :P

Btw, I know some people have server modifications, I'm wondering if there's a way to disable the auto-settling of liquids?

Jun 25 2011, 11:01 pm ShadowFlare Post #455

Quote from Heinermann

Definitely possible. I haven't gone all the way to the edge, but I've been closer to the edge than you can normally go. To go all the way to the edge, I'd need to add more array bounds checks so the game doesn't crash.

Btw, I know some people have server modifications, I'm wondering if there's a way to disable the auto-settling of liquids?
Probably could be done, but the game might lag really bad when it gets to where it would normally do it.

None.

Jun 25 2011, 11:20 pm ShadowFlare Post #456

If anyone is using my Terraria.exe mod, redownload it to get an update that adds some extra checks in the code I added having to do with sign editing. I may have experienced a crash having to do with it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2vaj8fqa4gbmr

EDIT:

May be unrelated to the crash, actually. It is in the list of bugs on the Terraria wiki.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 25 2011, 11:58 pm by ShadowFlare.

None.

Jun 26 2011, 6:48 pm shmeeps Post #457

Hmm, I don't feel that Night's Edge is quite worth giving up the Muramasa, Fiery Great Sword and Blade of Grass. Only +4 dmg from FGS, slow attack speed, and range of the muramasa, not the FGS or BoG.

None.

Jun 26 2011, 9:53 pm LoveLess Post #458

Quote from shmeeps
Hmm, I don't feel that Night's Edge is quite worth giving up the Muramasa, Fiery Great Sword and Blade of Grass. Only +4 dmg from FGS, slow attack speed, and range of the muramasa, not the FGS or BoG.
I agree, I made it and thought it would have the FGS' range. But noooo.

None.

Jun 26 2011, 10:02 pm lil-Inferno Post #459

Just here for the pie

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/adventure-single-player-legend-of-gaia.34622/

I highly recommend that anyone should try out this map. It's a single player adventure thing taking after Zelda games.

Jun 27 2011, 1:00 pm ShadowFlare Post #460

I've figured out the nature of the crash I experienced. For now, be sure to talk to the Guide again without clicking Crafting after you go into his crafting help, or the game will crash if you click in the game window while having a sign open. If you would forget to do that, avoid using that feature at all until this is fixed.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 21 22 23 24 2536 >
  Back to forum