Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: TERRARIA
TERRARIA
May 14 2011, 9:23 pm
By: MadZombie
Pages: < 1 « 12 13 14 15 1636 >

May 26 2011, 8:22 pm CecilSunkure Post #261

Quote from MadZombie
I'm just poking fun. Like maybe I'm not thinking out side of the box but these servers aren't well known so chances are you won't have people with just an IP and no password so it sorta makes passwords slightly useless at the moment since it's not like the servers are being listed on an official list. I was just poking fun :<

not that putting in a password is that bothersome but I was just saying :3
Wasn't angry or anything, just confused. And I the password really isn't useless. I had no password and listed on TL, and someone came with a bunch of dynamite and blew a hole about 20 screens large into the ground around the spawn location :(

And tikels I'm connected from work justs fine.

None.

May 26 2011, 8:23 pm TiKels Post #262

Was there another update?

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

May 26 2011, 8:25 pm lil-Inferno Post #263

Just here for the pie

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Quote from Neki
But you'll ruin the progression, and the dungeon monsters will rape ya. :lol:
What do you mean? I thought the skeleton heads stop raping me after I beat skeletron??
He's saying you should progress through the game to milk it for all it's worth until the point that you're strong enough to take on Skeletron by yourself.

Quote from CecilSunkure
I've got a pretty good start on the new world, and there were a bunch of us creating a bunch of new terrain features. I'm also backing up the server's world repeatedly :) Pass: kiwi IP: 98.247.33.243 I'll be there if there's nothing to do at work throughout the day.
Do tell what you mean by this.

May 26 2011, 8:35 pm CecilSunkure Post #264

Quote from lil-Inferno
Quote from CecilSunkure
I've got a pretty good start on the new world, and there were a bunch of us creating a bunch of new terrain features. I'm also backing up the server's world repeatedly :) Pass: kiwi IP: 98.247.33.243 I'll be there if there's nothing to do at work throughout the day.
Do tell what you mean by this.
We're just constructing things out of terrain. Go check it out :)

None.

May 26 2011, 8:45 pm TiKels Post #265

Updated, having trouble connecting though, seems to be stuck on "Requesting world information"

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

May 27 2011, 2:19 am Dem0n Post #266

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Tikels and I withstood hell and mined a hell of a lot of hellstone. :D It's actually pretty fun down there; once I get 30 potions, I can easily mine while killing the imps and bone serpents.

May 27 2011, 2:24 am NicholasBeige Post #267

pfffft.. Molten Armor is so last week. Cobalt is where it's at. I'mma rocket boot in yo base and drop grenades on yo face.

None.

May 27 2011, 2:47 am ClansAreForGays Post #268

Quote from CecilSunkure
Quote from ClansAreForGays
Quote from CecilSunkure
Well I thought that since you were on your computer you'd be running it right now. ;o

Everyone come play on mine. Dx
I'm at work. Although, I'm at work on an i7 and some super expensive non-retail dual GPU :)
wtf? I thought you had an entry level job as like a clerk or something
I have a gameplay balance position in Q/A at MGS.
Microsoft Games Studio?

May 27 2011, 4:04 am UnholyUrine Post #269

Hey Dem0n, I want to kill Skeletron as well. =D

I'll go on ur server

None.

May 27 2011, 4:39 am CecilSunkure Post #270

Quote from CecilSunkure
Quote from CecilSunkure
Well I thought that since you were on your computer you'd be running it right now. ;o

Everyone come play on mine. Dx
I'm at work. Although, I'm at work on an i7 and some super expensive non-retail dual GPU :)
wtf? I thought you had an entry level job as like a clerk or something
I have a gameplay balance position in Q/A at MGS.
Microsoft Games Studio?
Yep! I live around MS central.

None.

May 27 2011, 5:25 am Neki Post #271

I was hoping he meant Metal Gear Solid. :(

None.

May 28 2011, 10:15 pm MadZombie Post #272

There is a bunny in the pics for Terraria on Steam. WHERE IS HE.

None.

May 29 2011, 10:20 am LoveLess Post #273

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Updates are good.
Progression has been pretty slow over the last week. I've actually been in the middle of moving. I put an offer on a house before the first trailer went public, and got the keys to it the day before Terraria was released. (Great timing, huh?)

I just finally got my workspace set up at the new place, so I should be able to get back to the grind early next week. But enough about that, let's talk about the future of Terraria.

My immediate focus for the game will be patching up the remaining bugs, implementing Steam features, and of course working on multiplayer to make it more secure and accessible. Multiplayer is a bit of a mess right now, and a dedicated server with no graphics card requirements is very much needed. Content progression will be slow for the next few weeks until we get all of the necessities taken care of. Though, we will be adding a few new things here and there to keep you interested.

In the long term, we will not just be adding content, but new mechanics as well. Some of the ideas the we have been playing around with are:
Pure PvP servers with team based objectives. Worlds will be generated before every match. Imagine a CTF server where towers are automatically created on either side of the map. Players can fight it out on the surface, or try to tunnel into the other tower.
Adding sloped/inclined tiles to make the world smoother.
New harder world types to continue game progression (Ex: Alien plants, alternate dimensions, evil worlds, etc.)
Enemy factions that will move into your world, and build their own city. You can slaughter them while they are weak, or let them build up their strength to get better rewards.
More events: Volcanoes, earthquakes, more/improved invasions, etc..
Weather: Seasons, snow, floods, etc..
Farming, and stamina system that gives a bonus to player stats.
Mechanics for making traps and devices.
Terraria has endless possibilities, and there is still a lot more that we want to do with it. In the meantime, please be patient while we get the last few kinks worked out.

None.

May 29 2011, 11:10 am CecilSunkure Post #274

Thanks for the link Lovel <3

None.

May 29 2011, 11:17 am Neki Post #275

I wonder if they'll actually do it before all their hype dies down? Probably not.

None.

May 29 2011, 11:19 am CecilSunkure Post #276

Well they better do something before people start losing interest.

None.

May 29 2011, 11:24 am NicholasBeige Post #277

Quote from CecilSunkure
Well they made 2 million dollars (excluding steam publishing / comission etc)... The guy deserves a new house and tools and shit. And to be honest, bugs, patches, efficiency should come before new content. Otherwise the game will be running on legacy features that cripple it 2 months down the line.

None.

May 29 2011, 11:27 am CecilSunkure Post #278

Quote from name:Cardinal
Quote from CecilSunkure
Well they made 2 million dollars (excluding steam publishing / comission etc)... The guy deserves a new house and tools and shit. And to be honest, bugs, patches, efficiency should come before new content. Otherwise the game will be running on legacy features that cripple it 2 months down the line.
I don't disagree.

None.

May 29 2011, 11:50 am Neki Post #279

Quote from name:Cardinal
Quote from CecilSunkure
hey man, 2 months of fun before it dies off is better than 2 months of nothing happen and then it dies off. ;)

None.

May 29 2011, 11:53 am NicholasBeige Post #280

When you're sitting on a concept with so much potential... and 200,000 sales after 1 week... You'd have to be a fucking retard to let it die off.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 12 13 14 15 1636 >
  Back to forum