Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: ONE HOUR MAPMAKING CONTEST!
ONE HOUR MAPMAKING CONTEST!
Mar 26 2011, 9:36 pm
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 8 >

Jun 29 2011, 10:15 pm jjf28 Post #101

Cartography Artisan

^ = Rs_yes-im4real btw

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Jun 29 2011, 10:25 pm The_UrChai Post #102

So who won, when, where, why, and for what? sounds like you guys had too much fun. :P Also I'm having a starcraft broodwar LAN party so you guys made me some maps I could use :P that's partially my large donation involvement in this. :lol: Greatest birthday ever!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 29 2011, 10:31 pm by shadow649.

None.

Jun 29 2011, 10:39 pm jjf28 Post #103

Cartography Artisan

was fun indeed, they're all linked in the first post wow i can't read

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 29 2011, 10:46 pm by jjf28.

Jun 29 2011, 10:43 pm lil-Inferno Post #104

Just here for the pie

Quote from name:shadow649
So who won, when, where, why, and for what? sounds like you guys had too much fun. :P Also I'm having a starcraft broodwar LAN party so you guys made me some maps I could use :P that's partially my large donation involvement in this. :lol: Greatest birthday ever!
We didn't really judge the maps but Kevin's and jjf28's weren't finished. Mine seemed to have some appeal from people who played it ;o.

I guess we can split it 50 for me, 30 for AngelSpirit, 10 for Kevin and jjf28 for participating.

Jun 29 2011, 10:44 pm The_UrChai Post #105

Umm you have to send a 20 mineral minimum no? Also to compensate for the 5% transfer fee 5% of inferno's 50 minerals is 2.5 minerals. Does it round up or down?

OK sent the 50 minerals and the 30 minerals. We can't send 10 so what we have to do is I send them 30 minerals and they send me back 20. that should work.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 29 2011, 11:02 pm by shadow649.

None.

Jun 29 2011, 11:03 pm Dem0n Post #106

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from lil-Inferno
We didn't really judge the maps but Kevin's and jjf28's weren't finished. Mine seemed to have some appeal from people who played it ;o.

I guess we can split it 50 for me, 30 for AngelSpirit, 10 for Kevin and jjf28 for participating.
BIAS :-_-:

Jun 29 2011, 11:06 pm jjf28 Post #107

Cartography Artisan

his map was prolly best, minerals don't matter all that much :)

Jun 29 2011, 11:45 pm lil-Inferno Post #108

Just here for the pie

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Quote from lil-Inferno

I think the rest of 'em agreed mine was best. Plus I deserve something for having hosted all of these and getting everyone together. :/

P.S.: When should the next be?

Jun 30 2011, 12:12 am jjf28 Post #109

Cartography Artisan

weekend, prime time ;) (i'd say that's about 12AM bnet time)

Jun 30 2011, 12:13 am LoveLess Post #110

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from lil-Inferno
Quote from lil-Inferno

I think the rest of 'em agreed mine was best. Plus I deserve something for having hosted all of these and getting everyone together. :/

Tonight?

None.

Jun 30 2011, 12:24 am xAngelSpiritx Post #111

eternal lurker

But I'm out of ideas! :(

EDIT: Thank you for the minerals, shadow649. Can I ask why you didn't participate in the contest yourself?

None.

Jun 30 2011, 12:33 am lil-Inferno Post #112

Just here for the pie

Quote from LoveLess
Quote from lil-Inferno
Quote from lil-Inferno

Tonight?
I would but I don't have access to Starcraft for the rest of the night.

Actually I do, just on my slow-ass old computer so I wouldn't be as efficient as I was. I'd have to be given an hour and a half or something.

Jun 30 2011, 12:38 am The_UrChai Post #113

Quote from xAngelSpiritx
But I'm out of ideas! :(

EDIT: Thank you for the minerals, shadow649. Can I ask why you didn't participate in the contest yourself?
I dunno. No ideas for a map at all. thinking about a map I might submit into the year long RPG contest if I complete it before the year is over. ( I should!) Also my copy of Starcraft Broodwar is pirated :P I was going to pick up a copy but... but nothing. I have no excuse. :lol: Maybe some other time. Busy start to the summer. Lots of clean up going on around my house. Trying to get a map done for a LAN party I'm having. Busy times! Busy trying to get stuff done albeit not successfully.

Oh also I want to learn that damn SC2 editor but it's a pretty big change. Once more tutorials come out I might stop making broodwar maps (although I never completed a whole map anyways :P)

None.

Jun 30 2011, 1:14 am Apos Post #114

I order you to forgive yourself!

I could have participated, but I had work to do. I've got a lot of good ideas though (Big list).

Jun 30 2011, 1:15 pm lil-Inferno Post #115

Just here for the pie

We could do one today if anyone's up for it. Not tomorrow though, I'll be busy.

Also, how'sabout bringing back the week long contests? I have relatively nothing to do over summer and they produced a few gems.

Jun 30 2011, 4:04 pm Drakiazuu Post #116

Yay! Mapping contest! Make it 2 hours, with my terrible OCD, i'd get hooked up on too many details to manage 1 hour :rolleyes:

None.

Jun 30 2011, 4:17 pm lil-Inferno Post #117

Just here for the pie

Quote from Drakiazuu
Yay! Mapping contest! Make it 2 hours, with my terrible OCD, i'd get hooked up on too many details to manage 1 hour :rolleyes:
After the contest you're always welcome to further tweak your map (like I always do). If people agree to a 2 hour map contest we could have one. Heck, we could have a one week contest if anyone wants to bring 'em back.

Jun 30 2011, 4:38 pm Azrael Post #118

I hear the sound of people being setup for disappointment.

Jun 30 2011, 4:40 pm jjf28 Post #119

Cartography Artisan

I hear the sound of a pessimist :P could very well make it happen

Jun 30 2011, 5:36 pm Dem0n Post #120

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Next one should be on Sunday. Maybe I'll actually do it. :P

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 8 >
  Back to forum