Mar 8 2011, 12:05 am
By: Lingie
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >

Mar 8 2011, 5:34 am Wing Zero Post #21

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

A better idea would be to get a sub or do the match another time

Mar 8 2011, 6:34 am UnholyUrine Post #22

Suggestion:

post videos of Semi-Finals and Finals to hype this stuff up for next contest if it ever happens.
Also, I want to see :D

None.

Mar 8 2011, 7:16 am Alzarath Post #23

Praetor

/signup

None.

Mar 8 2011, 7:19 am Lingie Post #24

'Course. Poison showed me a VERY useful tool that takes movies that require hardly any resources on your computer to take. Perfect quality, and extremly low size (A 70 minute game was about 8.5 MB), and give you free range to view the team the movie was made from. We'd need both sides to record too, and at least one side to record so we can get accurate pain-free results from each game.

Also, draw suggestion added, though I think a substitute would be more productive since it is a random team generated tournament. If it was teams, then we'd definitly call out draws or forfits.

Edit: Tournament channel created. Join "Lingie's Tournament" on LoL for the channel. I'm goin' to bed now, so don't expect to find me yet.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Mar 8 2011, 7:28 am DevliN Post #25

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yeah, reschedules and substitutions work well. I just figured if someone doesn't show up at all without forewarning, hopefully someone else will be on to take that spot. Also I hope that doesn't mess up the balance.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 8 2011, 11:35 am poison_us Post #26

Back* from the grave

Quote from Lingie
'Course. Poison showed me a VERY useful tool that takes movies that require hardly any resources on your computer to take.
That was posted in the LoL thread while you were on your LoL "sabbatical", by Raccoon, IIRC. In any case, it was brought to me by someone else, not my original find.

Mar 8 2011, 8:08 pm LoveLess Post #27

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Beam me up.

None.

Mar 8 2011, 11:19 pm Lingie Post #28

Quote from poison_us
Quote from Lingie
'Course. Poison showed me a VERY useful tool that takes movies that require hardly any resources on your computer to take.
That was posted in the LoL thread while you were on your LoL "sabbatical", by Raccoon, IIRC. In any case, it was brought to me by someone else, not my original find.

Point was that you showed it to me. I can't trace the credit back from there by knowledge, but its due by any case.

Added you Loveless.

Mar 9 2011, 12:13 am Dem0n Post #29

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from Lingie
Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
I'll beat any of you level 30's. ;D

Lul jk, I'd get raped. :hurr:

So is that a signup, or not?

Also, I'd make sure to cover weekdays and weekends for each match set. I'm positive everyone can make it.
noooooo I'd get destroyed. Don't sign me up. ;o

Mar 9 2011, 12:59 am Lingie Post #30

Up to you then.

Update: I'm giving the tournament a name, and calling it the "League of Legacies" tournament. I'll refer to it as that from now on, and use that name as a private channel on League for public chat.

Now for discussion. After a good day of signups, its time to discuss what kind of matches and game styles we're going to rock for this one.

Up for debate in terms of game types, we have the following: (Thank you school for boring me, and making me think about other things.)

- All Random (Such a popular favorite, but without the all middle crap.)

- Draft Mode (In which case if we play this game mode, everyone must verify with me that they meet the standards for playing Draft Mode.)

- "Journey Mode." Players will be forced to pick a champion and play with it the whole way through. This mode would be tricky though, since we'd have to publicly announce which hero each player picked, and we'd have to random who gets first pick.

- "Triple Mode." Players will pick three champions from the entire pool, and must pick from them each day. Another option for this mode is to force players to not be able to pick the same champion again from what they have picked. Again, slightly tricky, because what if everyone picked Ashe? Not a good situation. Finally..

- "One Time Mode." Players will only be allowed to pick a hero ONCE through the entire tournament. So, if you pick Katarina on day one, you cannot play her again, and are forced to pick someone else. You have your own champion pool to play from, so rack 'em up if you can.

For this group of options, I'd like for everyone to vote for their favorites, and add any thoughts or concerns about either mode you'd like to discuss.

As for team sizes, we're in the clear for 3v3's with only 3 more players for sure. I'd much rather this tournament NOT be limited to premade teams, but we can change that with popular support. And once again, please invite your friends, or ask them to talk to me on LoL. I'm always on now.

Mar 9 2011, 1:09 am Bar Refaeli Post #31

draft mode imo.

None.

Mar 9 2011, 1:49 am poison_us Post #32

Back* from the grave

Draft or Triple. Journey mode is OP for Olimar, All Random is your thing, and One Time is still too open.

Mar 9 2011, 6:03 am Rehatzu Post #33

I'm Artanis' Friend and he asked if I would like to join so I think I will. My in game name is Benderik

None.

Mar 9 2011, 6:35 am DevliN Post #34

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I like Draft, Random, and Triple. Though I fundamentally like Journey, I think it not only gives an advantage to those like Olimar who are always exceptional with specific champs, but also makes it easy to figure out who you'll be playing with or against for every match. Thanks to random teams, that could really be a deciding factor in some matches as well.

As for teams, I'd personally prefer random, but that's mostly because I wouldn't have teammates otherwise. :-(

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 9 2011, 7:07 am Lingie Post #35

Personally, I wanted to try out Triple because it gives an edge that you might know the hero someone might be saving for their last battle, so you can counter them, or you might not be able to because you only play Ranged DPS. I want to have the players adapt not only with their team on this one, but with logical thought of what could be down the road.

Mar 9 2011, 10:16 pm Kaias Post #36

Why not.
Quote from Lingie
- All Random (Such a popular favorite, but without the all middle crap.)
Anything but this.

None.

Mar 10 2011, 12:02 am OlimarandLouie Post #37

So when do we plan on starting this thing?

None.

Mar 10 2011, 12:03 am Lingie Post #38

As soon as we hit 18 people and have successfully selected a game mode, or we wait for 24 for larger initial teams.

Mar 10 2011, 12:43 am Daddywhoo Post #39

I'm in, along with two friends, Daedrid and oiv.

None.

Mar 10 2011, 8:12 pm Lingie Post #40

Added, added, and added. Thanks for participation guys.

Currently up from voting is Draft Mode, followed by Triple Mode. I'm going to try and push for 30 participants before starting this. I know its a large number, but I know we can pull it off.

DM brought this to my attention, if we can bring in 30 players:

Start off with random teams of 5 players each, and clash them against each other until enough battles are fought. Each time the teams will be rerolled, so you'll more then likely have someone new each time. Once the battles are fought in this group, the 10 with the least wins will be dropped. After that, we continue the system, until there are 10 left. Finish up, the top ten will be rerolled 3(?) times to finish the competition.

If anyone would like this system over traditional brackets, lemme' know.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >
  Back to forum