Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 49 50 51 52 5354 >

Jul 12 2014, 9:04 pm severen1999 Post #1001

Quote from Waddo
1. look at or even trade what your other saved characters have equiped (whether or not you can switch between you characters in a game)
2. can reset the game (or just quests/zones/monsters) without having to recreate the game

Wanted to 2nd a part of Waddo's idea. Being able to switch between your characters (or even create a new one) without quitting and restarting the game would help a ton.

Keep up the good work!

I'm always up for joining a game of this. Severen - 673

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 12 2014, 10:53 pm by severen1999.

None.

Jul 14 2014, 12:39 am payne Post #1002

:payne:

Quote from Ahli
In the end, it does not matter. It's actually easier for me to maintain the map as it is only English and not localized.
How does Localization make the maps harder to edit?

None.

Jul 14 2014, 1:18 pm Ahli Post #1003

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from payne
Quote from Ahli
In the end, it does not matter. It's actually easier for me to maintain the map as it is only English and not localized.
You need to transfer every text change to the other localizations appearing in the map. Else, they will see errors (like "param\value\..." which is actually the text ID) for every new text entry that doesn't appear in the used locale or an outdated/wrong text, if you only updated the information in one locale.

Also, the editor has the flaw that there is no support to flag the textIDs that need to be translated/checked in every locale. So, you would need to check all entries yourself or keep track of changes yourself. So, basically, it's a nightmare to support multiple locales in huge projects. A proper support in the editor would flag them automatically, if they were changed and would be able to give you a list and editing options of the locales of that textID's texts.

=> So, right now, it is counter-productive to localize unfinished maps.

Jul 14 2014, 5:10 pm payne Post #1004

:payne:

Quote from Ahli
Quote from payne
Quote from Ahli
You need to transfer every text change to the other localizations appearing in the map. Else, they will see errors (like "param\value\..." which is actually the text ID) for every new text entry that doesn't appear in the used locale or an outdated/wrong text, if you only updated the information in one locale.

Also, the editor has the flaw that there is no support to flag the textIDs that need to be translated/checked in every locale. So, you would need to check all entries yourself or keep track of changes yourself. So, basically, it's a nightmare to support multiple locales in huge projects. A proper support in the editor would flag them automatically, if they were changed and would be able to give you a list and editing options of the locales of that textID's texts.

=> So, right now, it is counter-productive to localize unfinished maps.
Holy crap, I hope Blizzard changes this before messing with other people's maps.

None.

Jul 19 2014, 3:16 am mrdorkus Post #1005

I like how D3 has it so you don't need to complete all the quest in all 4 difficulties, can you make it similar to that? Otherwise, it seems more tedious. What I mean is, if you unlock catacombs, caves, and hell for that specific character, have it still unlocked even if you up the difficulty.

How many difficulties are you adding (classic nightmare and hell only?).

Is all difficulties unlocked in the beginning or you have to kill diablo in normal to unlock nightmare, etc...?

I haven't played the map for a while now (pre diablo/post hell level) but I assume, the only reward that is one time only will be the black mushroom quest per difficulty right?

Are you going to scale uniques to monster level like how D3 currently is or are you going to make nightmare and hell uniques?

Will there be more stash space? tabs like in D3 maybe? Maybe unlock via gold?

I don't know if you still have space issue but having gold be combined instead each character has it's own gold stash might be good.

Can you have some items stack? especially the PoE type of items, they take up way too much space.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 30 2014, 9:52 pm by mrdorkus.

None.

Aug 6 2014, 1:38 pm Slimmshaney2018 Post #1006

Great Game something me and my brother can play without him just quitting after one day Fantastic
http://gph.is/YZw7No
#Town Portal

None.

Aug 15 2014, 11:22 pm adam2new Post #1007

It's pretty fun. I'm glad it is more comfortable for me than the older version (as in, it now has some nice things from D2, including a PlugY-like (only "-like") one single shared stash).

The only major downfall I see is that it has a limited amount of map space for placing the dungeons and stuff (not your fault, blame Blizzard for not making it expandable easily). The only "work-around" I can think of is to purge old areas that are not near Tristram's entry, a player, or a Town Portal. Even then, it has it's drawbacks (I'm not able to make a custom/arcade SC2 map so I'm out of my league for proposing the idea).

None.

Aug 24 2014, 5:27 am SeraphicStar Post #1008

A Taste of Divine Crystalline Goodness

I was wondering about a few things regarding the possible updates to the map. The first is regarding if you plan on giving the sorceror spells some kind of multiplier/boost for the harder difficulties. The reason I bring this up is that I remember you mentioning there will probably be higher tier weapons that give larger damage ranges in the harder difficulties. This would mean that the sorceror class would be a great deal less effective in these difficulties than the other classes due to the large damage gap. :wtfage:

I also wanted to ask how followers of the map will be able to continue following the map after SEN goes down in 4 days from now. I know that you posted a twitter account link on the first page of this post, but I also have noticed that there are several other things going on there besides just Mortal Shroud updates. Will twitter be the only method followers of the map will be able to receive updates after this? :(

None.

Aug 24 2014, 10:23 am Ahli Post #1009

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from SeraphicStar
I was wondering about a few things regarding the possible updates to the map. The first is regarding if you plan on giving the sorceror spells some kind of multiplier/boost for the harder difficulties. The reason I bring this up is that I remember you mentioning there will probably be higher tier weapons that give larger damage ranges in the harder difficulties. This would mean that the sorceror class would be a great deal less effective in these difficulties than the other classes due to the large damage gap. :wtfage:
I'm not at a point where I can implement higher difficulty content, yet. But your thoughts make sense. Most likely I will need to find ways to buff the sorcerer. It might be with levels on items, it might be damage increases for an element, etc. I will see what I will come up with and how it feels.

Currently I'm working on the new main menu that contains a lobby and the changes requires to support multiple difficulties.

Quote from SeraphicStar
I also wanted to ask how followers of the map will be able to continue following the map after SEN goes down in 4 days from now. I know that you posted a twitter account link on the first page of this post, but I also have noticed that there are several other things going on there besides just Mortal Shroud updates. Will twitter be the only method followers of the map will be able to receive updates after this? :(
SEN isn't going down. But I think I'm not allowed to spoil what will happen once the timer reaches 0.
My twitter is about everything I do in sc2/heroes. But usually, I tweet updates, too.

In case this thread becomes unusable for some reason, I will create a new one. There will always be a place where I would want to write and discuss my map properly. You can't do that on twitter with a small character limit. :D

Mar 29 2015, 12:43 pm mrdorkus Post #1010

There's been no news for almost a year, is this a dead project now?

None.

Mar 29 2015, 2:21 pm Ahli Post #1011

Quote from mrdorkus
There's been no news for almost a year, is this a dead project now?
Well, university, SC2 observer UI, HotS observer UI and a payed project with Blizzard drain all of my time right now.

In my unreleased version, I've created a new main UI with a lobby, fixed a couple of bugs, and added support for higher difficulties. But I didn't have time to develop good content of higher difficulties so far.

Most likely I need to add more base items and maybe create a new way to generate drops, so you aren't showered in tons of really horrible items (with the current system it becomes less and less likely to receive a good item).

Unfortunately, I cannot tell when I will have more time and motivation to do so.

My todo list for the next 2 months looks most likely like this:
- university lectures and exercises
- learn for exams I'm not allowed to fail
- do things Blizzard gives me money for, if I do them
- improve my Heroes of the Storm UI because I'm the only person that has one, so the casters currently all rely on me
- improve SC2's UI for HotS as I've a few changes I need/want to implement into the 1vs1 and 2vs2 UI, but I didn't have time to finish that, yet...
- convert and improve the SC2 UI from HotS for LotV's closed beta because I might be the only person that will do that... (process will be equal to my current Process for Heroes of the Storm. Neither of the games has an editor.)
- play Heroes of the Storm and Dirty Bomb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 29 2015, 2:33 pm by Ahli.

Mar 29 2015, 3:22 pm Pr0nogo Post #1012

You can cast HotS? How boring that must be. Having played it, there's literally nothing even remotely interesting about that game.

I don't know how you put up with playing shitty titles and working with ass-backwards systems that Blizzard has produced over the years, but I can see how you would have zero motivation to develop decent tools or maps for any of those games.

May 31 2015, 2:56 am Ahli Post #1013

Updated to version 1.2:

Changelog

Screenshots:

^ the new lobby showing the heroes of the players

^ the rotated camera for isometric view

Want to play?
Just click on the link of the server:
Americas
Europe
South East Asia
Korea & Taiwan

If you run into bugs or problems, please notify me either here or on twitter (AhliSC2).

The higher difficulties are fairly untested and might be too easy or too hard. Feel free to provide me feedback.

Enjoy!

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 31 2015, 3:09 am by Ahli.

Jun 23 2015, 2:24 am tjc911 Post #1014

please update Documentation data.

None.

Jun 27 2015, 4:01 pm Lagencie Post #1015

Leorics Map doesnt look even close to the Diablo 1 Map, would be nice if the Rooms are like the original and shouldnt be that much work.

Other than that i really like the game, its like a newer better version of Diablo 1! As of the oldness of Diablo 1 i like the better graphics even tho its not the real style

None.

Jun 27 2015, 7:15 pm Ahli Post #1016

Quote from Lagencie
Leorics Map doesnt look even close to the Diablo 1 Map, would be nice if the Rooms are like the original and shouldnt be that much work.
The layout is fairly similar. The rooms are not 100% identical, but you might have noticed that I have added random rooms to make the dungeon bigger.

The main room's layout is fairly identical, it has a hallway, 4 pillars, an obvious room with chests, levers opening a hidden room with chests. Before the main room, there are two rooms with 2 levers while archers fire through the grates.

Original:

static part of Leoric's Lair (which then can appear mirrored/rotated):

Since the dungeon space on the map is very limited, I have tried to make use of as much space as possible that I have for each area.
For the Hell levels I even had to use a trick to fit them on the map: they actually replace the cathedral levels making them inaccessible.

Jun 30 2015, 2:38 pm Lagencie Post #1017

Here is the map that occured to me ... the leoric part is in, but thx to the many other rooms that u will explore first, the leoric part goes under and doesnt look original

Instead of this extra rooms i am sure u could make the exact right room

Here a very bad made Paint Layout which should be even less space than the one that i encountered

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 30 2015, 2:45 pm by Lagencie.

None.

Jun 30 2015, 5:43 pm Ahli Post #1018

Quote from Lagencie
the leoric part is in, but thx to the many other rooms that u will explore first, the leoric part goes under and doesnt look original

Instead of this extra rooms i am sure u could make the exact right room
I could alter it to make it more like the original dungeon, but how would that improve the game? It would remove a dozen of monsters, reduce xp and drops from that quest, wastes a lot of dungeon space.

The necessary changes would be:
1. add the empty hall section and stairs in a static place
2. add a second room to one of the lever rooms next to the grates

I think the problem is not the dungeon layout having extra rooms with content and 1 empty room less. The problem seems that Leoric itself does not stand out enough.

If you would only complain about layouts not following the original, you would also tell me to change Arcaine's Valor (the current version feels really crippled compared to the weirder layout in D1) and alter Lazarus' dungeon level.

Jul 2 2015, 12:22 pm Lagencie Post #1019

I played now rogue and sorcerer and the rogue feels at the start very strong level 1-4, but when it comes to the caves ... she starts being really useless ... i need for a single monster like 5-6 hits and multiple enemies are more or less a nogo. Multishot i guess doesnt scale with basic attack damage, so it does - at least for me - no damage at all

Sorcerer on the other hand is just a joke ... sorcerer was always very strong and with the passive tree and new active skills of it it makes the sorc just OP i run with 5 mana pots through the hole dungeon - cant wait to see higher difficulties when immunities start getting annoying ^^

Also the refund doesnt really work .. when i have 3 skills in the refund tab and refund 2 of them it mostly refunds skill 3 and skill 1 and skill 2 stays on the 2nd line but cant be refunded - i have to skill something than - gets on 1st spot - so i can refund the other 2 ...

Seems like the refund always refunds the last + the first ... so when there are 2 it works - on 3 it doesnt

little feedback from my side

Not sure if Rogue getting better in the late, but right now i feel kinda hopeless for her ... lvl 18 and cant manage the cave levels

None.

Jul 2 2015, 9:13 pm zsnakezz Post #1020

i would like a mod that adds outdoor areas where you can fight monsters.

I made the following maps; Hyperion 2, The Undead, The Undead Coop, Realm Rpg beta, and Overlords.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 49 50 51 52 5354 >
  Back to forum