Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 45 46 47 48 4954 >

Feb 11 2014, 8:53 am Processor Post #921

안녕하세요. 저는 아시아서버 Diablo Mortal Shroud의 유저이며 Processor 닉네임을 사용하고 있는 한국인 입니다.
제가 이 글을 적는 이유는 한글화 작업을 요청하려 이렇게 글을 적게 되었습니다.
혹시 한글화 작업에 대해 승인이 가능 하시다면 이메일 (conso1e@naver.com) 으로 맵데이터를 보내 주시기 바랍니다. 좋은 하루 되세요 :D

Google Translate>
Good afternoon. I found the Diablo Mortal Shroud Asia and the server using a nickname Processor is Korean.
In this article I have to write down the request because the localized operation was trying to do this little article.
Localization can be approved for operation ever ur email (conso1e@naver.com) to send data to the map. Have a nice day :D

None.

Feb 11 2014, 6:21 pm Excalibur Post #922

The sword and the faith

Could not stop smiling when I found this in Leoric's tomb. :lol:

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Feb 11 2014, 11:23 pm mrdorkus Post #923

I'm not Korean, but I asked my Korean friend to translate what he said as it made no sense through Google translation.

"안녕하세요. 저는 아시아서버 Diablo Mortal Shroud 의 유저이며 Processor 닉네임을 사용하고 있는 한국인 입니다.
Hello. I am a Korean Asia Diablo Mortal Shroud server user whose nickname is "Processor"

The reason why I am writing to you is because I want to request an English to Korean translation

혹시 한글화 작업에 대해 승인이 가능 하시다면 이메일 (conso1e@naver.com) 으로 맵데이터를 보내 주시기 바랍니다. 좋은 하루 되세요 :D
If you are able to give permission for the translation, please email me the map data at conso1e@naver.com. Have a nice day."

From what I gather, it seems he's requesting permission to translate the game into Korean but if he's going to google translate....that's pointless unless he's going to have a team translate it and just used google for now. Well, anyways, hope this helps you understand.

None.

Feb 12 2014, 12:03 am Ahli Post #924

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from mrdorkus
I'm not Korean, but I asked my Korean friend to translate what he said as it made no sense through Google translation.

"안녕하세요. 저는 아시아서버 Diablo Mortal Shroud 의 유저이며 Processor 닉네임을 사용하고 있는 한국인 입니다.
Hello. I am a Korean Asia Diablo Mortal Shroud server user whose nickname is "Processor"

The reason why I am writing to you is because I want to request an English to Korean translation

If you are able to give permission for the translation, please email me the map data at conso1e@naver.com. Have a nice day."

From what I gather, it seems he's requesting permission to translate the game into Korean but if he's going to google translate....that's pointless unless he's going to have a team translate it and just used google for now. Well, anyways, hope this helps you understand.

Thank you very much.

SC2 doesn't handle localization in incomplete maps very well (=> param value errors). So, it's not really something I would consider before finishing the map, in case I ever reach a point where I consider the map finished.

Feb 12 2014, 12:36 am mrdorkus Post #925

Mind addressing the issue SeraphicStar and the question i had at the end of page 46 of the forum?

None.

Feb 12 2014, 2:02 am Trushdale~ Post #926

Hi,so basically i started playing this map, and enjoyed it very much. Here's how i play

My current stats with my best gear on

My best gear

Things i use to increase the gold-income ( still capable to beat anything with that gear tho )

My magic gear

Spells i would like to mention and compare to some of yours

So basically all i do is to pull the entire dungeon area, if possible, and just whirlwind right through them, drink a mana-potion, every now and then to keep the manashield alive (which isn't only for 1k+ mana sorcerer to reduce there repair costs ). And collect gold/items.

Also gambling is a very nice way to improve the equipment realy fast. I got both my rings and the amulett with exactly those stats as listed in the goldfind.png from wirt. I wasnt sure if i should try them, because they greatly reduce my life/dmg/defense but it realy was worth it. going through caves 1-4 usually gives me about 60k gold ( wihtout any item drops to sell ). Hell(the dungeon after caves) might also be about 60k, but i'm not sure about that, because it happens way lower than 25% of entering that stage in my opinion ( like 2 out of 20 games i've played, maybe its just my bad luck ^^).

I dont see why the Sorcerer needs a physical dmg skill. Have you thought about the option of a combatmage ?

Like getting equipment with all stats | +dmg | ress | mana. Basically all you need. Get enough strength for wearing FullPlateMails( 90 str ) and a flail( 30 str , you will need to have it 6 socketed ). Reroll that flail until it has like more than 30 to strength, +125~dmg and to hit, and maybe manaleech or something you'd like the most. Put 6 perfect diamonds into it ( thats + 60 - 84 physical dmg ). Which leads to (2 - 12 * 2.25 = 4,5 - 27) 4,5 - 27 + 60 - 84. That means, every hit you successfully land on a mob will deal about 87,75 physical dmg ( without any bonuses from strength or +dmg from equipment ). And you are still able to cast from afar, and still maintain to be durable as something very durable because you might also have about 300 magic and about 1k mana. Also having a high blockchance results in avoiding dmg. You'll want to have -x dmg on every Armor/ring you can get, so you dont use up that much mana.

tl;dr Sorcerer + warrior-equipment with enough strength/magic/mana = very powerfull

I realy appreciate the way this map has developed.

Will there be any resets ( always known as char-wipe ), for example the map has reached version 1.0 do you reset everyones charackter, or am i still able to keep my current one ?

None.

Feb 12 2014, 2:08 am Ahli Post #927

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from mrdorkus
Mind addressing the issue SeraphicStar and the question i had at the end of page 46 of the forum?
The following one?

Quote from SeraphicStar
Quote from mrdorkus
From what Ahli said, skulls don't work with spells, technically, all life and mana leech only work for physical attacks so it's very strange that you don't lose mana at all. I lose mana when using spells and when hit, maybe you have high defense? but even if you do, that makes no sense unless life/mana leech is bugged and does work with spells unintentionally.

I am aware that leech doesn't work with spells. However, mana REGEN from skulls socketed into armors/amulets/rings does help you regain mana used on spell attacks and damage absorbed by mana shield. In addition to this, sorcerors with enough boosts to all attributes items can technically wear any item in the game without any base points invested in those stats. Thanks to this reality, you can stack large magic bonuses and base stats with mana regen from skulls socketed into armors/jewelry. These boosts allow you to essentially kill any monster and gain 100% profit from gold drops and item sales.
Yeah, well... How much is it? :D

Current formula:
every 2 seconds you receive: 0.3041 + Magic * 0.005 + manaRegenStat * 0.1

So, you need 61 Magic to double the Mana regeneration or 3 manaRegenStat. I assume I would need to nerf it.
Having the max amount of perfect skulls grants you 6.25 Mana per game second (=> +125 Mana Regen).

I've added a page for ManaRegen in the formulas file linked in the first post. What do you think is too high?

Quote from Trushdale~
I realy appreciate the way this map has developed.

Will there be any resets ( always known as char-wipe ), for example the map has reached version 1.0 do you reset everyones charackter, or am i still able to keep my current one ?
I don't know. Maybe not.
Atm there was only 1 reset on the NA server so far as I've published the map on my account because I didn't want to keep tinkering with the accounts of other people throwing them out of battle.net, etc... I don't want to reset it, but I don't know if there is something that will force me to do it in future. I'm capable to patch the bank files to alter your items (in difference to Blizzard in D3), so there might never be a requirement for that.

Btw, nice theorycrafting. :)

edit:
In case you didn't notice it, you can extract gems out of sockets for some gold. So, you can just use your gems instead of keeping sockets empty. It just costs you some gold to remove them depending on the quality of the gem and the amount of gems within the item as all of them are extracted and put into your inventory.

@ Golem
I've already altered the To Hit and the Defense value of it. Those still were values used by the old formulas. I forgot to update them. =/ Next patch should make the Golem better.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Feb 12 2014, 2:23 am by Ahli.

Feb 12 2014, 2:23 am Trushdale~ Post #928

Maybe a stupid question, but uhm : " to whom do i go and how do i "regain" gems/skulls out of equipment ? "

None.

Feb 12 2014, 2:25 am mrdorkus Post #929

Yes, I meant the previous two post (from this one, post #920). I had a bunch of questions/comments as usual.

As for nerfing, why nerf? You do realize level 30 is hell difficulty level in the original game. I feel the reason why it's easy is because of really good gear and level being high which increases our chance to hit monsters and decreases chance of monsters hitting us. I feel with the current state, in hell, you would die pretty often (simply because all gear is unlocked now and 5 or 6 regen per skull might not amount to much there when you're taking lots of damage but then again, I could be wrong. I'm just saying right now, balancing is moot point until the highest difficulty is within the game, then balance around that.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 12 2014, 2:32 am by mrdorkus.

None.

Feb 12 2014, 2:27 am Ahli Post #930

Quote from Trushdale~
Maybe a stupid question, but uhm : " to whom do i go and how do i "regain" gems/skulls out of equipment ? "
Griswold the Blacksmith -> Jewelcrafting -> Pick up an item and the left side shows you a menu for interactions with that item.

Feb 12 2014, 6:41 am payne Post #931

:payne:

Quote from Excalibur

Could not stop smiling when I found this in Leoric's tomb. :lol:
Resists to shower. Haha!

None.

Feb 13 2014, 3:13 pm Ahli Post #932

I will update the map today, I guess. Here is my current log:
Quote from 0.426 patchlog
BUG FIXES
- fixed a problem with gold-find on items being able to appear multiple times on rare items.
Items violating that new rule will have the weaker gold-find-affix replaced with another non-cursed affix.
- fixed the model of potions, that were transformed into potions or rejuvenation, not displaying the new correct model
- fixed a bug in rare monster's immolation on death effect
- fixed Golem's to Hit and defense value being too low
- fixed a rare possible bug in the Zhar the Mad quest
- fixed a bug with the Defense and Precision Auras on enchanted monsters not appearing
- fixed a bug with the names of enchanted monsters
- fixed a bug with dungeon objects in the Unholy Altar dungeon area

CHANGES
- each added player leads to slightly more gold received from monsters
- the amount of dropped gold has been raised a bit
- Space bar is now minimizing speeches within the dungeon instead of closing (right click bottom right button to close)
- item durability is now 15% less likely to decrease
- reduced the amount of cursed items spawning in early levels.
- Chest's Nova traps have a slightly longer delay
- the item required to open hell is now spawning every game. Note that hell is incomplete and a work in progress
- added monster type modifications to the damage tooltip in the character screen
- updated tooltips in the Character Window
- Wirt is now selling a few items
- the existance of sockets on an item is now raising the item's value, too
- spell book reading is now limited to 15 levels per spell
- higher spell book magic requirements have been reduced
- added pitch variations to several sounds to make them sound less repetitive
- added chance to block versus last highlighted enemy to the character screen
- it is now possible to enter Hell via a shortcut, if all heroes in the game had the Portal to Hell opened before
- added unsocket costs to the item tooltip in Griswold's Jewelcrafting menu
- optimized Tristram's bridges's vision aspect
- improved the performance of line of sight checks
- greatly raised the defense bonus on gems
- added an improvement for Vision (thanks to Kenoli)
I just need to fine tune the sound change and make a different implementation of the vision support.

Feb 13 2014, 5:48 pm mrdorkus Post #933

I removed the following comments/questions from previous post.

Originally, my idea for the Stark's Needle(r) was to have corruption, but that may be too much of a detriment as it shuts off all Rogue's skills too. Instead of that, maybe you can add a special modifier that disallows spells only? If not, then maybe instead of corruption, make the durability 1 so that you're force to up it's durability before using it.

Speaking of which, the suffix that makes durability one can be circumvented by + durability oil/shrines right? or is it stuck at 1?

I believe Payne's Traveler Coat AC should be 28 to 60 instead, Nuhderaider's Harnisch AC is 104 to 176 instead, and Deflector is 20 to 48 instead (should be stated as "AC: 20 - 48" for consistency). Also, Leathal Illusion Cap should be spelled Lethal. Also, Optic Amulet isn't listed there.

Haven't seen Lethal Illusion Cap or Demonslayer Ring in game yet, but noticed there's no clvl requirement listed in your text file, does this mean you can't find these yet?

Did you remove Auras from the game for warrior (just saw your youtube video)?

Regarding sockets in rings/amulets, i have not seen it, what monsters (level) start dropping them?

For balance purposes, I really think warrior need about 20% reduction to all damage (maybe passive, D3 has 30% reduction for melee class), as for Rogue, I feel she needs have her multi-shot have more arrows, 3 is too little as AOE, she also needs to have passive skill of chance her arrows pierces (passive, level up will increase % chance).

As mention previously, no gems benefit sorcerer in weapons, so at least make it so that life/mana life (skulls) will work with physical spells (which is the new single target spell u want for sorcerer).

Thanks for the update, the 100% hell entrance is greatly appreciated as it seems a lot less than 25% to enter before.

None.

Feb 14 2014, 1:37 am Ahli Post #934

I've updated the map.

Feb 14 2014, 5:42 pm Turisten Post #935

Is it just me, or does durability drop faster on helm than armor? Many times i have lost 50 dur on helm, and only 10 on armor.

None.

Feb 14 2014, 10:06 pm Turisten Post #936

I just found a bug. By reading the tome about "warlord of blood", every creature in the level just stopped. They don't attack or move or anything. I don't know why this happened. Maybe you could look into it..

Edit: Everyone has stopped in hell level 2 as well. I'm assuming all AI has stopped in the game.

None.

Feb 14 2014, 11:01 pm Ahli Post #937

Quote from Turisten
I just found a bug. By reading the tome about "warlord of blood", every creature in the level just stopped. They don't attack or move or anything. I don't know why this happened. Maybe you could look into it..

Edit: Everyone has stopped in hell level 2 as well. I'm assuming all AI has stopped in the game.
Sounds like my AI thread stopped working for some reason.
Do you have a replay? It seems to be a rare occasion and by watching it I might be able to figure out when exactly it stopped.

Quote from Turisten
Is it just me, or does durability drop faster on helm than armor? Many times i have lost 50 dur on helm, and only 10 on armor.
Oh god, you are right. I assume that bug existed for years...

Feb 15 2014, 11:49 am Turisten Post #938

I didn't think of saving replay of it. Didn't know it would work. I'll save replay if it happens again.

Edit: It happened again. Around 13:40 everyone just freeze. The AI for the gargoyles to move when low health still works though. And town works fine. I have added replay.

Edit 2: and again.. i don't see any connection between the times it has happened.

Edit 3: It happens really often now.. like 4/5 games i think.

Attachments:
AI bugged.SC2Replay
Hits: 2 Size: 1623.68kb

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Feb 15 2014, 7:38 pm by Turisten.

None.

Feb 15 2014, 8:49 pm Ahli Post #939

I've found a bug in the vision support system I've added in the last patch causing it to stop under certain circumstances, but that's not causing the AI thread to stop.

Since I'm clueless about the AI problem right now and can't recreate the problem in editor tests, I'm hoping to find a way to make the trigger debugger stop on trigger errors during replays, but it's majestically ignoring these. At least I can confirm that the thread stops and it only stops when a trigger error appears.

Feb 15 2014, 11:51 pm Turisten Post #940

The game seems broken now, unfortunately :(
Edit: Do you need more replays? I can easily provide as it happens every game now.
Edit 2: Does this happen to anyone else?

off-topic question: Blackjade and Red Vex who are special succubi at Lazarus. They used to drop magical item in Diablo 1. Why don't they do it here? Perhaps add magical item drop?

Have you thought about making it possible to life/mana steal for warriors using whirlwind? I very rarely solo-hit anyone after gaining that ability. And the life stolen is so low anyway.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 45 46 47 48 4954 >
  Back to forum