Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Diablo - Mortal Shroud
Feb 10 2011, 1:00 am
By: Ahli
Pages: < 1 « 44 45 46 47 4854 >

Feb 8 2014, 3:57 am Ahli Post #901

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from mrdorkus
Which quest currently gives a first time reward and something different for subsequent rewards?

Chamber of Bones (Guardian spell, afterwards, random spellbook)
Black Mushroom/Elixir (Potion gives +3 to all stats, afterwards, temp potion buff)

Those are the only two I can think of, and hopefully what I listed is correct, is there anything else?

I understand you removed Telekinesis and Stone Curse from this mod, but is heal other, infravision (i understand it's not a spell book in the original), teleport, phasing, blood star, golem, elemental, flame wave, bone spirit, resurrect and apocalypse in the game?

I understand apocalypse needs to be changed and as I suggested a long time ago. Maybe it can be a nuke like ability, large AOE but needs to target in a single spot or enemy which can miss moving targets. I understand in D1, apocalypse is a special spell and cannot be resisted or be immune to but you can make it a physical damage spell as it's necessary for mage to have some way of dealing physical damage if there are triple magic immune enemies like the mages in hell on hell difficulty.

Blood star should have a upped damage from original game and be the ultimate magic-based damage attack.

If bone spirit is in the game, how does it work? Does it deal % damage like the original? Does it still cost life to cast along with mana?

Will there be hellfire spells (Lightning wall, immolation, warp, reflect, berserk, ring of fire, and search, jester, magi, mana?)? probably get rid of mana, magi, jester. Search seems viable, so is reflect especially for warriors. Ring of fire probably needs to be changed to something like a rotating fire that resolves around the user for a set duration and damages enemies as the rotating fire passes through them. Not sure if you want to have phasing and warp spell (warp is much more useful than phasing), although, you do have Holy shrine programmed so having warp which functions the same is easy to enable.
Your quest reward list is complete.

Infravision is a spell granted by the Optical Amulet received by the "Halls of the Blind" quest.
Flame Wave, Golem, Teleport exist as spell books, yes. They can also appear on staves.

Currently, I'm only intending to add one more magic spell to the game for the spell books. Then every type has 6 spell books. The amount of books read of a type are intended to synergize with the skills, so Warriors and Rogues would need to collect magic gear and read those to create the most powerful hero.
So, magic + physical damage would be good as the Sorcerer really has no option for triple immunes right now (-> Sorcerer needs a skill that is able to reduce resistances whenI implement skills). Golem is the only spell that deals physical damage right now. The new spell would need to be ranged and single target (I don't like the thought of giving the Sorcerer area physical damage). Any idea or imagination what kind of spell it could be and in which way it is special, so it differs from an arrow?

Other ideas for skills for Sorcerer:
- Something passively activatable that is in his melee range like orbs flying around him that damage and stun monsters.
- Different golem types like ones you can have multiple of, or other golem types like in D2.
- Something that would allow him to even melee like... weapon enchantments
- Something that slows, e.g. the Wizzard's bubble from D3

It would be awesome if I can come up with more spells, especially for the low tier spells that are easily learned to be replaced. I might cut Fireball from spell books and replace it with something else, just to add Fireball as a skill to improve Firebolt.
I'm thinking about that these skills require you to have the level of the spell book to be able to level it up. So, you need to learn golem before being able to skill into fire golem and fire golem level 3 requires at least 3 learned levels of golem. I think that could work out. In addition to these spell alterations, he has a couple different spells like the ones above. That would make the Sorcerer very unique in its design. I just need to avoid making him OP later on. ;D

Btw, how powerful is Mana Shield on a Sorcerer in your opinion right now compared to other characters? Which level do you have? How much Mana and Life do you have on your Sorcerer (and which level)?

Oh, and I've tested the fight versus Diablo right now. In Singleplayer, it seems ok now with a one-playthough Warrior level 24 fighting him. But I don't know how it would play out in Multiplayer. I might need to give him something to annoy multiple players. Atm, Diablo has three phases where he will use different spells. Atm, he has 2666 Life, but I might raise that or give him physical resistances. Oh, he has 4 spells atm.

edit:
Yeah, I think I will replace the Fireball with a spell like Meteor or some other imaginable higher level fire spell just to even out the Magic requirement distribution across the elemental types.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 8 2014, 5:46 am by Ahli.

Feb 8 2014, 6:37 am mrdorkus Post #902

Okay, so that means no elemental, phasing, blood star (still think you need a magic spell besides the low magic damage of holy bolt and flash), bone spirit, resurrect, heal other, or any of the hellfire spells?

I like the idea of replacing fireball with meteor and giving firebolt splash damage with skills (assuming it's a passive AOE on firebolt skill), but how does skills work? how do you level them up?

Having golem as the only means of attacking physically would be just a chore because you can't control golem directly (hence why I don't like guardian spell either).

I feel Mana Shield is essential for Sorc at least in caves and hell levels right now (unless your level is way up there), without it, they'll die too fast but you may want to tweak the damage reduction %, not sure if it's OP, i only have it at level 2 so I might not be the one to tell you until maybe I have more levels in it. I assume the damage reduction just means you use up less mana per damage taken? since it looks like 2% per level, it would be 38% at max level 15 then, sounds reasonable but not sure. He still takes quite a beating and I do have to mana pot like crazy especially in hell levels.

Does Diablo have Apocalypse? if so, that would annoy multiple players, wouldnt it? as it hits everyone on screen. I don't remember him having any other spells in D1, what spells did you give him? You can give him bone prison (like D2) to lock other players in place that he isn't meleeing (in which they have to destroy first as spells/melee/arrow will hit the prison first). You can basically make him like D2 technically, with lightning inferno, fire wave and fire nova type spells, so that gives him quite a bit of AOE except for his melee. Give him faster movement too so melee is more feasible.

As for spell books, with firebolt, firewall, fireball (or soon to be meteor) and flame wave, inferno, guardian, so that's 6 spells
You have charge bolt, lightning, chain lightning, that's only 3 for lightning (where's the other 3 you're mentioning since you said 6 of each type?)
For magic damage, only ones is the miniscule damage on holy bolt right now and flash since you didnt mention blood star and holy spirit.
Then there's utility like mana shield, teleport, heal, and town portal, that's 4, not sure what you meant by 6 of each type.

I can build upon your ideas but need to know what there is to build upon.

What are the 8 books that can drop in cathedral and the 12 that can drop in catacombs?

There's a minor bug that I can't duplicate, it happens about maybe 1 out of 10 times where when you go to shop at griswold, the items in your inventory (not grisworld) will not highlight/display info on the item, therefore you cannot see sell price.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 8 2014, 7:28 am by mrdorkus.

None.

Feb 8 2014, 8:15 am Ahli Post #903

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from mrdorkus
Okay, so that means no elemental, phasing, blood star (still think you need a magic spell besides the low magic damage of holy bolt and flash), bone spirit, resurrect, heal other, or any of the hellfire spells?

I like the idea of replacing fireball with meteor and giving firebolt splash damage with skills (assuming it's a passive AOE on firebolt skill), but how does skills work? how do you level them up?
Yes, just like the linked file in my first post states.

I'm not entirely sure how it should work, but I think I won't replace it. I will add it to a new row above the spells from the spell books, so you can chose to use the default spell or your new one. Maintaining the ability to use the default one would be better, right?

Quote from mrdorkus
Having golem as the only means of attacking physically would be just a chore because you can't control golem directly (hence why I don't like guardian spell either).

I feel Mana Shield is essential for Sorc at least in caves and hell levels right now (unless your level is way up there), without it, they'll die too fast but you may want to tweak the damage reduction %, not sure if it's OP, i only have it at level 2 so I might not be the one to tell you until maybe I have more levels in it. I assume the damage reduction just means you use up less mana per damage taken? since it looks like 2% per level, it would be 38% at max level 15 then, sounds reasonable but not sure. He still takes quite a beating and I do have to mana pot like crazy especially in hell levels.

Does Diablo have Apocalypse? if so, that would annoy multiple players, wouldnt it? as it hits everyone on screen. I don't remember him having any other spells in D1, what spells did you give him? You can give him bone prison (like D2) to lock other players in place that he isn't meleeing (in which they have to destroy first as spells/melee/arrow will hit the prison first). You can basically make him like D2 technically, with lightning inferno, fire wave and fire nova type spells, so that gives him quite a bit of AOE except for his melee. Give him faster movement too so melee is more feasible.
He has his Cold Hand, Triple Fireball, Fire Nova and Lightning Storm.
I'm currently playing with the cutscene editor to make his death bleeding and falling.

Quote from mrdorkus
As for spell books, with firebolt, firewall, fireball (or soon to be meteor) and flame wave, inferno, guardian, so that's 6 spells
You have charge bolt, lightning, chain lightning, that's only 3 for lightning (where's the other 3 you're mentioning since you said 6 of each type?)
For magic damage, only ones is the miniscule damage on holy bolt right now and flash since you didnt mention blood star and holy spirit.
Then there's utility like mana shield, teleport, heal, and town portal, that's 4, not sure what you meant by 6 of each type.

I can build upon your ideas but need to know what there is to build upon.
Lightning contains Charged Bolt, Lightning, Chain Lightning, Mana Shield, Teleport, Nova. Btw, Chain Lightning could be made a skill, too, if Fireball is converted to one.
Magic contains Town Portal, Healing, Holy Bolt, Golem, Flash and some skill I need come up with dealing physical and magic damage.
Fire contains Firebolt, Fireball->Meteor, Inferno, Fire Wall, Flame Wave, Guardian. Flame Wave could be made a skill, too... at least in case there is a cool spell to replace it that works differently.

I've added a new file in the first post with the book requirements and the spell element types.

Feb 8 2014, 8:40 am mrdorkus Post #904

Are you going to change the way you enter hell? As in the original game, I think hell was unlocked the way catacombs and caves were unlock and you can go straight to hell levels when you start a new game. Also, hell was accessed through a crack on the floor behind pepin's house if i recall correctly. I think the staff of lazarus was key to opening level 4 of hell instead which opens a pentagram I believe, I can't recall, been a very long time since I played D1. If you're going to make the staff open level 4 of hell, you can use the earthquake effect when the pentagram opens instead.

The last physical single target spell could be a simple large spike that comes out of the ground or a beam that is shot down from the sky or from the ground.

I really think you should give Diablo the OP skill of apocalypse and allow him to hit everyone on screen and ignore resistances.

For the idea of having resistances lower from Sorc's skills, will that impact immune bosses?

What's the max durability you can have (especially from upping it with oil/shrines)? Will you have indestructible once you hit 255 durability like in D1?

Thanks so much for the links on the first page, that helps a lot. Hope it's not too much to ask, but under item text file, can you list the range on the modifier that can spawn on them uniques/legendaries?

Seems you're going to enable runes, possibly rune words at a later time?

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Feb 8 2014, 9:02 am by mrdorkus.

None.

Feb 8 2014, 9:14 am Ahli Post #905

Quote from mrdorkus
Are you going to change the way you enter hell? As in the original game, I think hell was unlocked the way catacombs and caves were unlock and you can go straight to hell levels when you start a new game. Also, hell was accessed through a crack on the floor behind pepin's house if i recall correctly. I think the staff of lazarus was key to opening level 4 of hell instead which opens a pentagram I believe, I can't recall, been a very long time since I played D1. If you're going to make the staff open level 4 of hell, you can use the earthquake effect when the pentagram opens instead.
I've changed the way the hell dungeon is made accessible because I've no more room for new dungeons in the map. But I've found a decent solution for that, I think. :D It kind of makes more sense than simply walking into hell using stairs. Since Lazarus is under the influence of Diablo, he might have given him a way to enter Diablo's realm via altering Lazarus' staff, similar to Diablo letting Marius alive throughout Diablo 2 as he helped him to free Baal.
Then Cain uses the staff to open a portal at the Cathedral (removing the original cathedral levels) allowing the hell levels to be spawned.

Quote from mrdorkus
The last physical single target spell could be a simple large spike that comes out of the ground or a beam that is shot down from the sky or from the ground.
I will think about it.

Quote from mrdorkus
I really think you should give Diablo the OP skill of apocalypse and allow him to hit everyone on screen and ignore resistances.
In case I need to make the fight harder, I might consider this for phase 3.

Quote from mrdorkus
For the idea of having resistances lower from Sorc's skills, will that impact immune bosses?
Yes. Well, I would need to think of a way to visualize the degree of the resistances below the life bar. Bosses might have higher than 100% resistances, so players can't break all immunities.

Quote from mrdorkus
What's the max durability you can have (especially from upping it with oil/shrines)? Will you have indestructible once you hit 255 durability like in D1?
999, but it won't become indestructible. But 999 is close enough. :D

Quote from mrdorkus
Thanks so much for the links on the first page, that helps a lot. Hope it's not too much to ask, but under item text file, can you list the range on the modifier that can spawn on them uniques/legendaries?
I've added my unique item file, but as you might have noticed, I've only a handful of unique items in the game or planned atm. Ideas are welcome.

Quote from mrdorkus
Seems you're going to enable runes, possibly rune words at a later time?
Well, first I would need to add runes. :D When I add runes, I would add runewords, too. But then I would need runewords, etc... something to think about after creating skills, unique items, etc...

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 8 2014, 9:23 am by Ahli.

Feb 8 2014, 9:28 am mrdorkus Post #906

Technically, D2 will resolve a lot of your ideas, rune words, uniques stats on D1 items. I'm not sure how going to make tier 2 and 3 items though as using D2's tier 2 and 3 items is completely different from D1, maybe multiplicative?

The AC for a lot of your unique listed makes no sense, probably old numbers.

Another minor bug, when you click too fast when scrolling through your characters, it'll wrap around to the first character again (meaning, the dim out of the arrow key didn't enable quick enough).

What does + chance to block on emeralds do exactly (there's no chance to block % on shields and it's hard to figure out what +2 or +6 does)?

I know clvl is the character level requirement to use the item, what is qlvl? character level for those stats to spawn through wirt and through those items from PoE?

Is it hard to enable pick up of items through the text of the item too (such as in D2 and D3)?

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Feb 8 2014, 10:35 am by mrdorkus.

None.

Feb 8 2014, 10:20 am Ahli Post #907

Quote from mrdorkus
Technically, D2 will resolve a lot of your ideas, rune words, uniques stats on D1 items. I'm not sure how going to make tier 2 and 3 items though as using D2's tier 2 and 3 items is completely different from D1, maybe multiplicative?
I can just use stats that I think will fit. It just needs to form a progression and needs to be balanced with monsters.

Quote from mrdorkus
The AC for a lot of your unique listed makes no sense, probably old numbers.
Yeah, AC is 4 times as much now on every item.

Quote from mrdorkus
Another minor bug, when you click too fast when scrolling through your characters, it'll wrap around to the first character again (meaning, the dim out of the arrow key didn't enable quick enough).
The problem is that the click input is delayed, so I would need to throw the input away. I'm too lazy to add code to prevent it. :D

Quote from mrdorkus
What does + chance to block on emeralds do exactly (there's no chance to block % on shields and it's hard to figure out what +2 or +6 does)?
It's only applied, if put into shields, when I'm not mistaken. The order is weapon, armor, shield.

Quote from mrdorkus
I know clvl is the character level requirement to use the item, what is qlvl? character level for those stats to spawn through wirt and through those items from PoE?
qlvl is generally the random quality roll of an item. It's usually capped at the top by monster drops. Right now there is no lower boundary, but I assume I need to add one or chances to have one when I add more items and affixes. Else, you will be showered with crap as the amount of possible items keeps increasing the higher you level up.
For curses, the occurence won't be true anymore with the next patch as I've moved some cursed affixes around in the item generator's quality lists.
Also, qlvl alters the price of an item, too.

Quote from mrdorkus
Is it hard to enable pick up of items through the text of the item too (such as in D2 and D3)?
Yes. I think that might be the most complex aspect of Diablo to implement.

Feb 8 2014, 11:54 am mrdorkus Post #908

Minor annoying bug that I can't really duplicate but it usually happens when I speak to griswold to sell things after coming from a town portal, it causes all your inventory item to not display any info when you move your mouse over it.

I think you should have affixes from gambling and PoE items based on +/- your character level so that you don't get lower end affixes when you're high level (which also gets rid of negative affixes).

Looking at your prefix/suffix text files, how do we know when a specific prefix will spawn on gambling or PoE items? is it the clvl? meaning, if I'm level 20, i should be able to get savage, but not ruthless roll right?

Will you be showing the % to block on character sheet on when highlighting shields?

Do hit recovery or attack speed stack when found on different pieces of items?

Can jewelry have sockets? it makes sense to.

I think warriors need 20% or 30% reduction to all damage. Perhaps make it a passive skill he gets. For all the skills you're going to add to the game, how how you going to level them up?

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Feb 8 2014, 3:13 pm by mrdorkus.

None.

Feb 8 2014, 3:42 pm Ahli Post #909

Quote from mrdorkus
Minor annoying bug that I can't really duplicate but it usually happens when I speak to griswold to sell things after coming from a town portal, it causes all your inventory item to not display any info when you move your mouse over it.
Hmm, ok. That never happened to me, I think.

Quote from mrdorkus
I think you should have affixes from gambling and PoE items based on +/- your character level so that you don't get lower end affixes when you're high level (which also gets rid of negative affixes).
I would need to rebalance the gambling costs then. I need to do that anyway. This is a task for nightmare and higher content.

Quote from mrdorkus
Looking at your prefix/suffix text files, how do we know when a specific prefix will spawn on gambling or PoE items? is it the clvl? meaning, if I'm level 20, i should be able to get savage, but not ruthless roll right?
Gamble uses the character level + 2 to find the items. Savage has a qlvl of 23 meaning that it requires you to have character level 21 to appear on gambled items.

Quote from mrdorkus
Will you be showing the % to block on character sheet on when highlighting shields?
The block chance is displayed. The only information missing is the chance to block versus a few enemies. That is dependent on their monster level difference. I can add that.

Quote from mrdorkus
Do hit recovery or attack speed stack when found on different pieces of items?
No. It just uses the best affix.

Quote from mrdorkus
Can jewelry have sockets? it makes sense to.
Yes. Rings and Amulets can have sockets.

Feb 8 2014, 5:18 pm mrdorkus Post #910

There's a bug, Zhar the Mad gives one book for you to leave him alone then drops an item upon his death. If you click on him before he drops the book and trigger the second conversation where he attacks you, you don't get the book. Perhaps you should make the book drop at the start of the first conversation to avoid this bug?

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 9 2014, 12:12 am by mrdorkus.

None.

Feb 8 2014, 11:14 pm sakuckoinvius Post #911

Quote from mrdorkus
There's a bug, Zar the Mad (or whatever his name his) gives one book for you to leave him alone then drops an item upon his death. If you click on him before he drops the book and trigger the second conversation where he attacks you, you don't get the book. Perhaps you should make the book drop at the start of the first conversation to avoid this bug?

In my view, it is perfect that way. You get rewarded if being patient. I hope Ahli gonna keep it that way, otherwise I'll be sad seeing people win again :( hahaha :)

None.

Feb 9 2014, 1:47 am mrdorkus Post #912

If it's intentional, it's fine, but just reporting every bug I see. I learned now, but this may be a problem for newer players, who knows.

Has Blizzard said anything about why you can't name your mod Diablo instead of Dia blo?

Will you update the unique item text file to have the correct (x4) AC listed?

What's Stark's Needle, it shows no stats, does it drop in the game (is there uniques listed there that doesn't drop in the game)?

You've asked ideas for uniques, and I've suggested using D2 uniques on D1 items, but you don't seem to like that idea, did you want original ones like you have (except Arkaine's Valor, Butcher's Cleaver, Undead Crown, and Deflector)?

Deflector use to have -20% damage, do you plan on % reduction damage instead of fixed ones with modifier (as 1 to 3 damage reduction is quite pointless, maybe change the qlvl for this modifer and change it to -5 to 5% damage reduction, min 1 for positive modifer).

Can uniques have sockets? If not normally, can you add a crafting method to add socket to uniques? (like 1 socket max on uniques similar to D2).

As for Stark's Needle (if it doesn't drop in the game and you don't have ideas for modifier), maybe call it Stark's Needler, make it a 7 - 20 (tweek it what you want, higher or lower) base damage bow with 8 - 24% armor penetration, fast/er/est attack speed, corruption (mana = 0).

Are all weapon swing speed the same (without + speed modifier)? If not, what are the same speed, what is faster? Perhaps list it in a column in your item text file?

Is there any way to heal Golem? Does Golem benefit anyway from your stat such as to hit or defense or maybe even life leech?

Will the new physical single target spell benefit from life/mana leech since it's physical? Otherwise, I can't think of any gems that will benefit sorcerer on weapons.

Does chance to hit benefit spells?

You didn't really answer this before, emeralds in shields gives + chance to block, what does +2 mean exactly? 2%?

Post has been edited 14 time(s), last time on Feb 9 2014, 3:26 am by mrdorkus.

None.

Feb 9 2014, 3:19 am Ahli Post #913

Quote from sakuckoinvius
Quote from mrdorkus
There's a bug, Zar the Mad (or whatever his name his) gives one book for you to leave him alone then drops an item upon his death. If you click on him before he drops the book and trigger the second conversation where he attacks you, you don't get the book. Perhaps you should make the book drop at the start of the first conversation to avoid this bug?

In my view, it is perfect that way. You get rewarded if being patient. I hope Ahli gonna keep it that way, otherwise I'll be sad seeing people win again :( hahaha :)
This. It is intended. Also it doesn't make sense to spawn items before the speaker mentions it.

Quote from mrdorkus
Has Blizzard said anything about why you can't name your mod Diablo instead of Dia blo?
It belongs to the list of words you can't put into your map's title.

Quote from mrdorkus
Will you update the unique item text file to have the correct (x4) AC listed?
Ok, done.

Quote from mrdorkus
What's Stark's Needle, it shows no stats, does it drop in the game (is there uniques listed there that doesn't drop in the game)?
Not yet implemented, just an idea. Uniques that have an ID can drop.

Quote from mrdorkus
You've asked ideas for uniques, and I've suggested using D2 uniques on D1 items, but you don't seem to like that idea, did you want original ones like you have (except Arkaine's Valor, Butcher's Cleaver, Undead Crown, and Deflector)?
I want general designs for them and uniques that people really connect with Diablo. I didn't play it that much that I know the iconic unique items. Or, some random effects they could have would be nice, too, like a bow that has a chance to spawn a second, weaker arrow, etc. So, collecting ideas what would be cool item? what does it do, which role does it have, what is its catch,...?

Quote from mrdorkus
Deflector use to have -20% damage, do you plan on % reduction damage instead of fixed ones with modifier (as 1 to 3 damage reduction is quite pointless, maybe change the qlvl for this modifer and change it to -5 to 5% damage reduction, min 1 for positive modifer).
Noted. I might change the deflector or add another uniques that have that.

Quote from mrdorkus
Can uniques have sockets? If not normally, can you add a crafting method to add socket to uniques? (like 1 socket max on uniques similar to D2).
Right now, they can't.

Quote from mrdorkus
As for Stark's Needle (if it doesn't drop in the game and you don't have ideas for modifier), maybe call it Stark's Needler, make it a 7 - 20 (tweek it what you want, higher or lower) base damage bow with 8 - 24% armor penetration, fast/er/est attack speed, corruption (mana = 0).
Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Quote from mrdorkus
Are all weapon swing speed the same (without + speed modifier)? If not, what are the same speed, what is faster? Perhaps list it in a column in your item text file?
All melee weapons have the same attack period right now. I might change that, though.

Quote from mrdorkus
Is there any way to heal Golem? Does Golem benefit anyway from your stat such as to hit or defense or maybe even life leech?
No and no.

Quote from mrdorkus
Will the new physical single target spell benefit from life/mana leech since it's physical? Otherwise, I can't think of any gems that will benefit sorcerer on weapons.
Interesting idea.

Quote from mrdorkus
Does chance to hit benefit spells?
To Hit is used by your weapon... so if your spell is actually requiring you to hit a target with your weapon, it will matter. So, spells don't use To Hit. They use the Spell To Hit value.

Quote from mrdorkus
emeralds in shields gives + chance to block, what does +2 mean exactly? 2%?
It raises your chance from let's say 40% to 42%.

Quote from mrdorkus
I think warriors need 20% or 30% reduction to all damage. Perhaps make it a passive skill he gets. For all the skills you're going to add to the game, how how you going to level them up?
You will receive a skill point every level up and every 5 levels you will receive a passive skill point, in case I keep passives within the game.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 9 2014, 3:27 am by Ahli.

Feb 9 2014, 3:26 am mrdorkus Post #914

As mentioned before, and to clarify, reduction to damage from 1 to 6 (health to osmosis) is quite pointless, maybe change the qlvl for this modifier and change it to -5 to 5% damage reduction (of Pain to of Osmosis), min reduce 1 damage for positive modifier (not just for deflector).

Quote from Ahli
Quote from mrdorkus
emeralds in shields gives + chance to block, what does +2 mean exactly? 2%?
It raises your chance from let's say 40% to 42%.

If that's the case, maybe you should just say +#% chance to block, makes more sense that way instead of just +#.

Quote from Ahli
Quote from mrdorkus
I've changed the way the hell dungeon is made accessible because I've no more room for new dungeons in the map. But I've found a decent solution for that, I think. :D It kind of makes more sense than simply walking into hell using stairs. Since Lazarus is under the influence of Diablo, he might have given him a way to enter Diablo's realm via altering Lazarus' staff, similar to Diablo letting Marius alive throughout Diablo 2 as he helped him to free Baal.
Then Cain uses the staff to open a portal at the Cathedral (removing the original cathedral levels) allowing the hell levels to be spawned.

I don't mind this change, only issue I have with it is that you need to go down to cave 4 to find the staff everytime just to get into hell. Entrace to Catacombs and Caves save on your character when you found the staircase back to Tristram giving you quick access to those dungeon when you restart a game. Can you make it so that after you open the portal to hell, it's saved, and from that point on in a new game, you can simply speak to Cain (new dialogue option), and automatically trigger hell portal to open (code it to remove staff of Lazarus from Caves 4 if you select the dialogue option to remove potential bugs). Also, speaking of possible bugs, when hell portal is open, what happens if you go to catacombs 1 and try to go back to cathedral 4? maybe have it take you to hell 1 instead (same as from town).

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Feb 9 2014, 4:10 am by mrdorkus.

None.

Feb 9 2014, 4:31 am Ahli Post #915

Quote from mrdorkus
I don't mind this change, only issue I have with it is that you need to go down to cave 4 to find the staff everytime just to get into hell. Entrace to Catacombs and Caves save on your character when you found the staircase back to Tristram giving you quick access to those dungeon when you restart a game. Can you make it so that after you open the portal to hell, it's saved, and from that point on in a new game, you can simply speak to Cain (new dialogue option), and automatically trigger hell portal to open (code it to remove staff of Lazarus from Caves 4 if you select the dialogue option to remove potential bugs). Also, speaking of possible bugs, when hell portal is open, what happens if you go to catacombs 1 and try to go back to cathedral 4? maybe have it take you to hell 1 instead (same as from town).
An error message appears...
Well, I would need to make it optional and I can't decide that as long as not all players have a hero. I think I would make Cain walk to the cathedral, if it can be done and give his NPC window an option to open the portal to hell.
So, when all players are in the game with a hero, the game checks, if it can remove the staff from the fourth dungeon level, activate the quest (plus special note in quest log that Cain needs to be ordered to open it) and adds an option for Cain's NPC menu to open the portal and making him walk to the cathedral. Every player would need to have been within a game with default hell activation before to make that happen.

Feb 9 2014, 4:45 am mrdorkus Post #916

Hell portal sounds good to me now.

Is there a reason why horned monsters don't charge (I've seen gloom charge, gloom charge shouldn't do damage but horned monsters should)?

None.

Feb 9 2014, 7:13 am SeraphicStar Post #917

A Taste of Divine Crystalline Goodness

Actually I did have an idea for a bow myself. The bow shoots an arrow like normal, but when it hits an enemy it splits off at the enemy similar to a multi-shot but at a range instead of point blank. This could be a good way of shooting into a room you know there are multiple monsters since the arrows could "aim" at the targets from the hit point of the first monster you hit. The bow could be called "The Divisor" (or divider but I think divisor sounds cooler heh). In addition, I think this could easily be crafted into a regular rogue skill as well. I was also thinking of a cool effect that it could use when it strikes. It could be some kind of small red circle that expands out from the point of origin(i.e. the monster who was hit.)

I also was wondering about the attack speed of items as well. I believe that they are limited due to the engines limitations since combat seems somewhat clunky at times. I don't presume to blame Ahli for this though since I am certain it isn't really something he can do anything about.

I also wanted to talk about a physical damage spell idea I had for the Sorcerer. Why couldn't you use some kind of earth-like spell for it instead similar to how the golem is earth-based. You could make it some kind of earthly spike or spear you fling from the casters hand to strike enemies. This spell could either have a piercing bonus to it or just be a single-hitting physical attack. Also if it was an earth-based attack it should have some kind of stun modifier or something. You wouldn't need to put that on it though if you think it would make the spell OP.

I also noticed that you wanted to know how "effective" a Sorcerer with decent mana shield was. I have noticed that thanks to mana shield, at a certain point with enough magic boosts (and mana regen from socketed skulls) that the Sorcerer no longer needs to use mana potions at all. In addition to this, mana shield also prevents any damage to your armors durability while it is active. This means that not only does the sorceror deal the most damage, but he can also withstand the hardest his in the end. He also doesn't need to repair his armor at all which means he is the best class for money gain and item gambling funds for alternate characters. His only weakness currently are monsters that are resistant or immune to both fire and lightning attacks. I say only these two because there is currently a serious lack of a decent ranged single target magic based spell. I have mentioned a few times the Blood Star spell, but it appears you do not like this spell for whatever reason. :(

None.

Feb 9 2014, 7:22 am mrdorkus Post #918

From what Ahli said, skulls don't work with spells, technically, all life and mana leech only work for physical attacks so it's very strange that you don't lose mana at all. I lose mana when using spells and when hit, maybe you have high defense? but even if you do, that makes no sense unless life/mana leech is bugged and does work with spells unintentionally.

None.

Feb 9 2014, 8:11 am SeraphicStar Post #919

A Taste of Divine Crystalline Goodness

Quote from mrdorkus
From what Ahli said, skulls don't work with spells, technically, all life and mana leech only work for physical attacks so it's very strange that you don't lose mana at all. I lose mana when using spells and when hit, maybe you have high defense? but even if you do, that makes no sense unless life/mana leech is bugged and does work with spells unintentionally.

I am aware that leech doesn't work with spells. However, mana REGEN from skulls socketed into armors/amulets/rings does help you regain mana used on spell attacks and damage absorbed by mana shield. In addition to this, sorcerors with enough boosts to all attributes items can technically wear any item in the game without any base points invested in those stats. Thanks to this reality, you can stack large magic bonuses and base stats with mana regen from skulls socketed into armors/jewelry. These boosts allow you to essentially kill any monster and gain 100% profit from gold drops and item sales.

None.

Feb 9 2014, 8:50 am mrdorkus Post #920

That does sound OP if that's the case, what level are you? Could it also be due to them not hitting you much since you're very high level and maybe good defense?

I ask this cuz even if i'm not using mana shield, i'm not taking much damage now in caves because I'm level 30 and not all monsters in caves give exp (usually only cave 4 and hell still give me exp). If i have regen in my armor, then I would probably might always be full hp/mana without mana shield, so it may not to do with mana shield. If it does have to do with mana shield, maybe have mana shield not absorb 100% of the damage but some %.

Post has been edited 17 time(s), last time on Feb 13 2014, 5:45 pm by mrdorkus.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 44 45 46 47 4854 >
  Back to forum