Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: What makes a good Caster?
What makes a good Caster?
Nov 17 2010, 1:32 pm
By: NicholasBeige  

Dec 14 2010, 4:17 am IskatuMesk Post #21

Lord of the Locker Room

I've been curious if it would be worth it to create a very basic set of videos that introduce totally inept people to the concepts of the game and setting the stage for facilitating improvement. Most of my audience are around silver-plat range I would say, but the videos would be more geared to people who are entirely new and don't know where to start looking to improve. I get a lot of questions on what people should focus on to improve. I could start from the absolute basics and ramp up to stuff like psychology.

wat u think bro??

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Dec 29 2010, 3:25 pm BeDazed Post #22

Just watched HunterStarcraft cast one... worst caster ever award goes to him... but only just... CrotA is god awful also.
Don't even get started about 'you' then. Jus' shut up and watch Day9.

None.

Jan 1 2011, 6:58 am Fire_Kame Post #23

wth is starcraft

Quote from name:Cardinal
Just watched HunterStarcraft cast one... worst caster ever award goes to him... but only just... CrotA is god awful also.

Agreed, I got about two minutes into one of Crota's casts and just hit mute.. Generally when I'm watching over a match I prefer to be entertained but do not say redundant things. For example, if the cursor is over a gateway and they are training a zealot, don't tell me.. I'm not an idiot, I can read too.. however if you know the build time of a zealot (I think it's 33 seconds off the top of my head) and you flash over to an opposing player and realize that they are mobilizing a force as well it may be interesting to know who could get a force quicker as that kind of knowledge isn't readily available to general watchers. Assuming that since you're casting you've watched the replay, try to avoid repetition in conversation. I'd say you also have to tow the fine line of switching between players fairly often but not too often. Let us know what's going on with both teams but also give time for us to see what's going on. If all else fails perhaps you should invest in an editor XD

Options
  Back to forum