Should I add a prophecy?
Should I add a prophecy?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Yes 4

67%
No 2

34%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 6 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Nov 13 2010, 3:03 pm Fire_Kame Post #1

wth is starcraft

The subject matter doesn't matter too much. Its just a NaNoWriMo novel, so it may be abandoned in a couple months anyways. Its a fantasy novel. Should I add a prophecy?

Nov 13 2010, 3:53 pm NicholasBeige Post #2

Posting in here to ask about things to include or not include in your NaNoWriMo sort of defeats the whole purpose of the NaNoWriMo.

:P

None.

Nov 13 2010, 3:53 pm OlimarandLouie Post #3

Yes, but then add another completely contradicting prophecy, and have both of them come true.

None.

Nov 13 2010, 5:12 pm Fire_Kame Post #4

wth is starcraft

Quote from name:Cardinal
Posting in here to ask about things to include or not include in your NaNoWriMo sort of defeats the whole purpose of the NaNoWriMo.

:P
Not really. Have you ever visited the NaNoWriMo forums? 90% of it is filled with writers asking for advice.

Nov 13 2010, 5:16 pm NicholasBeige Post #5

And the over-arching goal of the NaNoWriMo contest is to get quantity not quality. It is designed to test your creativity and efficiency in simply getting words onto the paper - 50,000 words in a month.

None.

Nov 13 2010, 5:39 pm Fire_Kame Post #6

wth is starcraft

Um really, its about having fun. And this is fun to me. :P Sure, its nice to write down 50k words in a month, but I won't have a problem doing that. I hope I surpass it.

Man Cardinal, you just like picking fights with me lol

Nov 13 2010, 6:40 pm NicholasBeige Post #7

Not picking fights, its just my way of offering constructive criticism!

If you really need a poll, and peoples' yes/no answer on a topic as generic and bland as 'should there be a prophecy' - telling us absolutely nothing else about the novel... then I begin to question your commitment to the NaNoWriMo.

If 2000 people voted Yes, and 50 people voted No. Would it really affect whether or not you put a 'prophecy' in your novel? It shouldn't. It is your novel, and you decide how it goes.

None.

Nov 13 2010, 6:54 pm Fire_Kame Post #8

wth is starcraft

FFS just vote. You're being ridiculous.

Nov 13 2010, 6:54 pm Sand Wraith Post #9

she/her

If you add a prophecy, you can write more words. There you go.

Something as silly as a poll can affect the way the novel is written in silly ways.

Options
  Back to forum