Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Nexus Word Wars Banned
Nexus Word Wars Banned
Oct 12 2010, 11:10 am
By: Fierce
Pages: < 1 2 3

Oct 18 2010, 6:13 pm Norm Post #41

Okay. So you are basically calling everyone of the SC2 map making community fools because they allowed this to happen. The founder of this site is a fool.

Dude... :facepalm:

None.

Oct 19 2010, 9:03 am Gigins Post #42

I'm sure people who use/know this slang word doesn't feel offended by it being on a video-game map. People who doesn't know it can't be offended in any possible way.

None.

Oct 19 2010, 11:47 am NicholasBeige Post #43

Quote from TiKels
I wanted to point out though that the reports we received for the words included in the map’s dictionary were fairly vast, and clearly offensive in most cases. The one quoted in the reason for the ban was the least offensive. In any case, please wait for the customer service contact and they’ll work with you on republishing and any changes we’d require.
People need to learn reading comprehension. (Haha just kidding guys!)

But seriously, stop talking about the word "dyke," for all intensive purposes blizzard dismissed it as not being the sole cause, and therefore should not be shown the attention that it is. Stop talking about it.

Just because you've never heard of a slang, doesn't mean other people have. I knew of this slang term.

You two need to stop bickering, you both have already agreed on your original points and are now fighting a war of semantics. It's totally pointless.

^ Agreed.

Also, on a similar vein... businesses make money... more money = more profit... etc...

South Korean Starcraft 2

Read that article. Or read what I am going to say about it. South Korea is the one country in which the most units of Starcraft 1 were sold to date. Essentially, therefore, if Blizzard, as a company, is releasing a sequel to such an iconic game... South Korea would be viewed as a (strategic and regional) primary market.

They are completely removing all profanity, smoking and coloring all instances of blood to black. I would imagine that in addition to these changes, cinematic cut scenes will be slightly remade to have less of an aestheticism of violence.

Blizzard are planning on releasing (at a later date) the un-altered campaign (like the one we play) in South Korea. More releases, more sales. Avatar in 3D much? Starwars films now being remade in 3D much?

I'll keep this brief. Blizzard (as a company) are covering their asses by this blanket censorship. Worst case scenario, someone uploads a map and it slips past Blizzards attention... turns out the map (purely hypothetically) involved satanic and/or nazi subliminal messaging. Worst case scenario continued: some ned flanders (zealot) type person realizes this map is evil and contacts lawyers. Blizzard are forced to pay a large settlement and apologise profusely for such slanderous and hateful material to propagate itself online (through Blizzard, it's software, and it's framework - Battle.net 2.0)... The case of payment and law will filter its way to the top (ie. Blizzard) not to the bottom (ie. you, for creating the map) because, there is more money at the top...

Think how much profanity is in the campaign? Pot calling kettle black?

Finally... we, as amateur map makers, do not have the luxury of a panel of advisory committees to scope each of our uploaded maps content, and give it a T for Teen rating... or (as we have here in the UK) Universal (for everyione), PG (parental guidance), 15 or 18 (years of age minimum)... And as such, our maps have to cater for Universal.

And if anyone is further interested into the why and how of this: go find some articles and do some reading. You will be shocked at the amount of censorship (usually rephrased) that occurs. Especially in advertising.

I do tend to rant.

None.

Oct 19 2010, 12:54 pm poison_us Post #44

Back* from the grave

Ah, the long-forgotten days of "Nazi D".

Oct 29 2010, 11:23 pm PIESOFTHENORTH Post #45

I see it on the list again. Is it legit or some fake thing?

None.

Oct 30 2010, 2:50 am payne Post #46

:payne:

Quote from PIESOFTHENORTH
It's the real one, with some new features like the "Annoyingling".

None.

Oct 30 2010, 3:13 am Jack Post #47

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from payne
Quote from PIESOFTHENORTH
It's the real one, with some new features like the "Annoyingling".
The creator was sent an email basically saying if he removed a bunch of words, he could reupload the map. I assume he did so.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 31 2010, 9:00 pm Tempz Post #48

Lol it was actually pretty funny that blizzard does this now... i don't know how many rick roll songs and gay naked guy pics on starcraft 1 pics I've seen

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum