Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: December 21st, 2012
December 21st, 2012
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Nov 21 2007, 12:11 am
By: ShinRa
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 813 >

Nov 24 2007, 4:55 pm AntiSleep Post #101

Akar, how can you be sure you weren't tricked?

None.

Nov 24 2007, 5:06 pm frazz Post #102

Akar: I'm with you, but this really isn't the place to be doing that.
SEN has the most quickly divergent topics of any forum I've ever seen.

None.

Nov 24 2007, 5:47 pm Akar Post #103

How do you know YOU weren't tricked.
Regardless, it is better to believe in something than believe in nothing.

None.

Nov 24 2007, 5:56 pm WoAHorde Post #104

Quite the opposite. What if you believe in the wrong thing, and the god pities the non-believers for playing it safe?

None.

Nov 24 2007, 6:11 pm AntiSleep Post #105

Quote from Akar
I don't, and I am not the one claiming to know an absolute truth(that god exists).
How is it better, what goal will unjustified belief help you accomplish?

None.

Nov 24 2007, 6:40 pm A_of-s_t Post #106

aka idmontie

Quote from AntiSleep
Quote from Akar
I don't, and I am not the one claiming to know an absolute truth(that god exists).
I can name a few accomplishments thanks to false beliefs:

Crusades
Temples
Pyrimads
Some stupid Mayan Calender
"Stairway to Heaven"
"Highway to Hell"
AND MANY MORE

We even have Christianity in an infinite amount of flavors, just to fit your needs!

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Nov 24 2007, 6:42 pm frazz Post #107

Quote from A_of-s_t
lol

None.

Nov 24 2007, 6:56 pm AntiSleep Post #108

Quote from A_of-s_t
Quote from AntiSleep
Quote from Akar

Crusades
Temples
Pyrimads
"Stairway to Heaven"
"Highway to Hell"
AND MANY MORE

We even have Christianity in an infinite amount of flavors, just to fit your needs!
I am not asking whether it is possible someone to gain utility by claiming to believe something. I am asking how people with religious beliefs are better equipped to reach their individual goals than people with pragmatic empirical mindsets.

None.

Nov 24 2007, 6:56 pm Doodan Post #109

Quote from A_of-s_t
Pyrimads

???

None.

Nov 24 2007, 8:18 pm lil-Inferno Post #110

Just here for the pie

Quote from 10badboy01
in the bible it said there was 3 anti crist,2 have already passed can u guess the current 1?most people say its saddam but im not really sure.and im wondering why they only say 3?and 2 have already passed meaning where on our last 1,meaning where are the end?samething with the pope's i forgot who but a prophet of some sort predicted the names of all the popes we where going to have,and the last 1 he named is our current pope.all of this kinda does add up to the tought that the end of the wolrd is soon :/
The first two were Napoleon and Hitler, I think the last one is Osama Bin Laden though. Sorry if this has been posted I didn't read all them D: . But how do you think it will end? A nuclear missile, the sun burning out ( Probably not, because it has enough hydrogen to burn for a couple more billion years. ) or some apocolyptic event like the Earth going out of orbit into the sun or something?

Nov 24 2007, 8:21 pm FatalException Post #111

Quote from Doodan
Quote from A_of-s_t
Pyrimads

???
Poor confused Doodan... i has a artickle 4 u
Also, the Mayan pyramids were made as monuments to the gods/stairways to the sky.
Quote from lil-Inferno
The first two were Napoleon and Hitler, I think the last one is Osama Bin Laden though. Sorry if this has been posted I didn't read all them D: . But how do you think it will end? A nuclear missile, the sun burning out ( Probably not, because it has enough hydrogen to burn for a couple more billion years. ) or some apocolyptic event like the Earth going out of orbit into the sun or something?
[citation needed]
I don't know about Napoleon, but Hitler was just doing what he thought was best for his people. Also, this entire topid is debating whether or not Earth will get more or less pwned by polar shift, or cosmic alignment, or whatever. So, uh, yeah... It helps to read the topic and get evidence first. We're like angry MLA people. ;)
And wasn't the Antichrist supposed to be born with The Number of the Beast on its forehead (religious people, sorry if that's entirely wrong)?

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 24 2007, 8:27 pm by FatalException.

None.

Nov 24 2007, 8:25 pm WoAHorde Post #112

Quote from Doodan
Quote from A_of-s_t
Pyrimads

???

Thousands of humans died in the construction of pyramids.

None.

Nov 24 2007, 8:59 pm lil-Inferno Post #113

Just here for the pie

Quote from FatalException
Quote from Doodan
Quote from A_of-s_t
Pyrimads

???
Also, the Mayan pyramids were made as monuments to the gods/stairways to the sky.
Quote from lil-Inferno
[citation needed]
I don't know about Napoleon, but Hitler was just doing what he thought was best for his people. Also, this entire topid is debating whether or not Earth will get more or less pwned by polar shift, or cosmic alignment, or whatever. So, uh, yeah... It helps to read the topic and get evidence first. We're like angry MLA people. ;)
And wasn't the Antichrist supposed to be born with The Number of the Beast on its forehead (religious people, sorry if that's entirely wrong)?
I watched some movie in Science about pseudoscience ( For those who don't know, it's things that can't be proven like ressurection, psychic visions ) and it was all about Nostradamus, it said the first two were Napoleon and Hitler, but it was produced in the 70's so it didn't know what the name of the third one was. Anyways, thats my source :D .

Nov 24 2007, 9:07 pm FatalException Post #114

Quote from lil-Inferno
Quote from Doodan
Quote from A_of-s_t
Pyrimads

???
Quote from lil-Inferno
[citation needed]
I watched some movie in Science about pseudoscience ( For those who don't know, it's things that can't be proven like ressurection, psychic visions ) and it was all about Nostradamus, it said the first two were Napoleon and Hitler, but it was produced in the 70's so it didn't know what the name of the third one was. Anyways, thats my source :D .
... So pretty much you're saying it can't be proven that Hitler and Napoleon were Antichrists because the movie you watched was about things that couldn't be proven.

None.

Nov 24 2007, 9:15 pm EzDay281 Post #115

The existence of God is a matter of fact. It isn't a pitiful theory that humans have come up with.
What?! The existance of Blorg is a matter of fact, and Blorg says God doesn't exist.
Jeez, what is wrong with people today?
It's only too bad that he's going to send me an all other religious believers to Hell for being stupid. D:

None.

Nov 24 2007, 9:17 pm lil-Inferno Post #116

Just here for the pie

Quote from lil-Inferno
Quote from Doodan
Quote from A_of-s_t
Pyrimads

???
Quote from lil-Inferno
[citation needed]
... So pretty much you're saying it can't be proven that Hitler and Napoleon were Antichrists because the movie you watched was about things that couldn't be proven.
No no no it was about Nastradamus's predictions. When he predicted Hitler, he predicted his name would be Hister, he was ONE letter off, I don't remember about Napoleon though.

Nov 24 2007, 9:19 pm Akar Post #117

There isn't such a place as hell. So stop using it.

None.

Nov 24 2007, 11:22 pm frazz Post #118

That's pretty dang wrong. Seriously, I didn't even think that was in the one movie 666 or whatever.

Akar: Why don't you just start your own religion?

None.

Nov 25 2007, 1:10 am Wizard Wusa Post #119

Uh no he isn't born with it he makes people get that mark.

None.

Nov 26 2007, 2:39 am A_of-s_t Post #120

aka idmontie

Quote from lil-Inferno
No no no it was about Nastradamus's predictions. When he predicted Hitler, he predicted his name would be Hister, he was ONE letter off, I don't remember about Napoleon though.
If I'm really bored for a week, I'll write a series of predictions, and they shall be so vague, just like Nostradamus', that ALL of them will come true.

Seriously, though, most of his predictions are vague and generalized.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 813 >
  Back to forum