Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Temple Siege 2
Temple Siege 2
Sep 21 2010, 12:59 am
By: UnholyUrine
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 822 >

Jan 6 2011, 11:56 pm Decency Post #101

Wasn't the whole concept of TS2 getting out a simpler version compared to maps like DotA so you have that over the rest of the games of the genre? There's dozens already, some more polished than others, but this won't be out for months...?

None.

Jan 7 2011, 12:38 am ClansAreForGays Post #102

Quote from name:FaZ-
Wasn't the whole concept of TS2 getting out a simpler version compared to maps like DotA so you have that over the rest of the games of the genre? There's dozens already, some more polished than others, but this won't be out for months...?
lol, this.

Jan 7 2011, 1:59 am payne Post #103

:payne:

Key word: laziness. :awesome:

None.

Jan 7 2011, 3:14 am BeDazed Post #104

Did anyone suggest this?
If you make Temple Siege on SC2, you should make a codex on how heroes revive.

None.

Jan 7 2011, 7:33 am UnholyUrine Post #105

Not really laziness.. more like

Wtf's going on, eh?

plus my general hatred of the editor.... so fuck it..
unless a better, more user-friendly version comes out.. either by Blizzard (i doubt it), or by some young geniuses (in a few years).. I'll be sitting pretty w/o doing anything but play Prisoner Rebellion.

honestly tho.. if u wanna talk ideas.. i'm more than happy to share them with u.. but it's allll wishful thinking.

None.

Jan 7 2011, 8:41 am payne Post #106

Who else is working on this project?
Can we get a confirmation that this is not a vaporware? :/

None.

Jan 9 2011, 6:04 am UnholyUrine Post #107

err well at this point it really doesn't matter...

Initially it's Jack, some dude I've never seen b4, and I. Then I added Flashbeer, but that's pretty much it...
TZ was also doing smth but he went crazy and left. :awesome:

None.

Jan 9 2011, 8:26 am payne Post #108

Wasn't JB4 part of the project? :O

None.

Jan 9 2011, 3:53 pm ClansAreForGays Post #109

Quote from UnholyUrine
TZ was also doing smth but he went crazy and left. :awesome:
The only time this smiley has ever been used correctly on this site.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 10 2011, 1:44 am by ClansAreForGays.

Jan 9 2011, 8:07 pm UnholyUrine Post #110

Yeah, the person I've never seen b4 was JB4... ....
*ahem*... my memory is poor these days.

None.

Jan 28 2011, 12:22 pm close.ads Post #111

Mmmm....any progress report possible?

None.

Jan 28 2011, 9:48 pm UnholyUrine Post #112

Mmmm....nope

I thought I made it clear that I don't like the galaxy editor and I don't think I have enough time/encouragement to learn it.
If I'm out of the picture, it'd be both unwise and unfair for others to make this map. (Unwise b/c it'd lack my input, unfair b/c sm1 else would have to do all the work for me...)
Obviously, no one'd do it.

None.

Jan 28 2011, 11:38 pm Jack Post #113

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Well, I reckon with UU as project nagger lead, we can still do it eventually, UU just won't help on the actual makingthemap part. Or maybe we should revolt and overthrow UU's tyranny and do it ourselves ehehe

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Feb 1 2011, 9:38 pm DevliN Post #114

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

The Galaxy Editor isn't going to get any easier and certainly isn't going anywhere. My suggestion would be to learn it and start TS2, or let other people make it. There's certainly a demand for it.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Feb 2 2011, 12:04 am ClansAreForGays Post #115

Nothing's stopping anyone from making TS2. No one wants to make it.

Feb 2 2011, 12:10 am Decency Post #116

The original didn't seem to have any problems without your oversight, it's just a matter of whether it would actually be worth making.

None.

Feb 2 2011, 2:02 am Jack Post #117

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Several people are working on TS2, just quite slowly. UU's giving us some advice, but the actual work is being done by others. We do want to make it. It is worth making. It is being made. Slowly.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Feb 2 2011, 6:35 am DevliN Post #118

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I've never played TS myself, but I have seen at least 3 threads go up in the Custom Map forum asking about a TS2 for SC2, so keep up the good work. :)

I will say that the sooner something is shown for it, the better. It wont be long before interest is lost, unfortunately, and TS2 will be one of many DotA clones.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Feb 4 2011, 8:21 am InsolubleFluff Post #119

Quote from ClansAreForGays
I'd keep everything super simple. I wouldn't give players tons of new options. Same amount of heroes too. Basically make it easier for people to pick up than dota or w/e aos people are starting.

I agree with CAFG. Simplicity and variety are the key elements to any game. The original Temple Siege was relatively easy to pick up whilst offered a great variety with how each class played. I'd advise recreating the game as near to the original as possible. The upgraded graphics will surely make the game more interesting than before any ways. Make the spell system simple to use and with great effects. Add some more spells and you've basically done it.

I'd like to see Moose make it though, his versions were always a few steps ahead of yours :P!

None.

Feb 8 2011, 7:03 am NinjaOtis Post #120

Quote from InsolubleFluff
I agree with CAFG. Simplicity and variety are the key elements to any game. The original Temple Siege was relatively easy to pick up whilst offered a great variety with how each class played. I'd advise recreating the game as near to the original as possible. The upgraded graphics will surely make the game more interesting than before any ways. Make the spell system simple to use and with great effects. Add some more spells and you've basically done it.

Agree.

Quote from InsolubleFluff
I'd like to see Moose make it though, his versions were always a few steps ahead of yours :P!

Completely disagree.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 822 >
  Back to forum