Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Temple Siege v. CTE-1
Temple Siege v. CTE-1
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 18 2010, 12:26 am
By: ETEFT(U)  

Dec 18 2010, 11:38 am DevliN Post #21

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

CAFG stepped down and was looking for someone to pass TS on to. I'm not so sure ETEFT is even working on this anymore.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Dec 18 2010, 4:27 pm Dem0n Post #22

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

There's no point in even making a new version at this point. Everyone (and by that, I mean the 50 people that are still on bnet) is fine with the current version. If you guys are still whining about some bugs that you want fixed in the next version, then go get a life.

Dec 18 2010, 6:57 pm ClansAreForGays Post #23

I recently tried coming back to SC1 and try to play some TS games. At first I was incredibly overjoyed at the fact that it is still one of the most popular UMS hosted, even without my support and me being gone for months. I was always paranoid that the only thing keeping TS going was my constant PR-type work with tournaments and community development. I was so glad that my versions were the only ones being hosted that I was considering getting back on the horse and making a final C version.

Then I joined a few games. More than half the time I would get banned. Like in Snipers Bald Locks, there's a new school of players, that have no idea the past or making of the game, and can't make the CAFG = ClansAreForGays connection. The few games I do play with a vet that can vouch for me, everyone is telling me how I'm supposed to play the game, or that I'm a noob. "Oh yeah, everyone that plays ts is an asshole"

I suggest you make a fifth spell for each character. You could use a nexus to build a probe for the spell.
That's stupid. I'd just make a Starport system.

A fast LM in anyway sounds bad to me, but I like the idea of him bringing other units down to his speed, like giving him ensnare somehow.

Dec 19 2010, 6:47 am NinjaOtis Post #24

Your words, CAFG, are like an angel gently strumming a harp. And yes, there is no respect now-a-days, sadly...

None.

Mar 7 2011, 12:32 am DoLLe Post #25

There is actually no point in playing TS anymore, the community was in huge decline when I left here is why:

- Rampant hacks: This was the shotgun blast to the face. Going to be honest here, one thing you did that I didn't like was you entertained Hackers in the tourney. Though you really couldn't do anything about it. Understandable. Anyways, problem is 95% of the TS population is infested with hackers, people spoofing, trolls, and pubbers self-proclaiming pro status who hack. For example the last time i played a guy named Zudikas who regularly admits to hacks tries to join my games and says "So what I hack doesnt everybody?" The fact that everyone smurfs also makes known hackers hard to ban. Then if you faceroll some pub who was talking garbage you end up getting dropped, no questions asked. Or if you happen to get Lucky and faceroll pub/hacker/troll and complete a game, be prepared to not play for two or three hours as he will keep host hacking your game. Want proof go play on west and see if you can play a game, destroy the opposing team, and not get dropped or griefed.

- No solid pro community: Lets face it, there are only so many pros out there. Most of them don't play anymore. There is no respect anymore because everyone thinks they are a pro. Then of course when you faceroll them, you get dropped by these 'Pros'. See a pattern. This also due to the fact of the anti-competitive nature of TS that has sprung up.

- Casual attitude Toward Hacking: There can be no pro community without a strict zero tolerance policy toward hacks/griefing. No skill hackers will run around claiming pro status. When you destroy them and their self image you get dropped. Lets hope in TS2 we can get a solid community effort against hackers and griefers.

- Anti-Competitive environment of SEN and TS: This will be controversial so get ready. The problem with SEN is that even the bottom of the barrel worst of the worst pub trash gets entertained here. This is especially bad because this is the only forum outlet for TS. You can post numerous replays of guys getting embarassed yet they will be entertained here delightfully on SEN, with their terrible Ideas, imply they are more than the pubs that they are, and of course if you call them out on this obvious contradiction you are a troll/egotistical/flamer/illogical/MaXX or some combination of the five.

Taking a hardline stance against nubbery/pubbery/clowns will foster competitive play and the community will thrive and people will strive to get better. When pubs are entertained and sugarcoated they won't strive to get better. Perfect example of this is this: When I was still around people would proclaim "Dude, ][cy` is pro. Hes such a cool guy. And he won a tournament" when in fact he is one of the worst players ever in TS and he rode off the coatails of two well know pros. Speaking of those two well-known pros Iceman and Maxx, ask around everyone says "OMG MAXX/ICEMAN SUCKS HES SUCH A TROLL, I 1v3'd HIM WITH LM, PLUS THEY HACK, PLUS THEY HAVE A GAJILLION REPLAYS OF ME GETTING OWNED. DOESNT MATTER, FACT IS THEY SUCK".

Anyone Pro will be called a hacker, troll, and unfriendly. However if you are garbage, a nice guy, have friends on SEN and/or entertain pub trash you are the biggest pro in the world. This has to change, or else TS will doomed left to the rampant trolls and trash, and the game will stagnate like its done now. I will put this bluntly as well, TS has been hi-jacked by nub trash, hackers, and guys at the SEN forum who dont have a clue what they are talking about. There is a problem when nub trash gets entertained and the pro is banned, outcasted, and scolded for calling out garbage.

Im not saying TS has to be "OMG PROS ONLY GTFO NOOB", but currently the environment caters to bottom of the barrel garbage of pubs, who think they know something about nothing. There has to be some semblence of balance. Because in its current incarnation it is sick and dying on SC1 anyways.

I will commend CAFG for the fact he took a step in the right direction with tournaments and the names in versions of the winners. This was good thing.

Just my two cents.

Edit:
Absence of Moose and CAFG: This played a role as well. Won't go into details though.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 7 2011, 12:47 am by DoLLe.

None.

Mar 7 2011, 12:54 am DevliN Post #26

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Why necro this thread just to post a long off-topic anecdote about the plight of TS, which has even less to do with this version of TS that will never be finished (or started, perhaps)? This topic isn't at all about what happened to the TS community, or anything else you go on about.

I think its funny that you even go so far as to talk about SEN as if we care about TS and entertain the "worst pub trash" here, when really I can guarantee that a majority of the people who come to SEN couldn't care less about it. TS is just like any other map that has been posted on SEN, and SEN is not a TS community. We don't care if someone is good or bad at the map, we just care about how certain people have a blatant disregard with how we do things around here.

If you want to be a TS elitist, that's fine, but SEN will not follow suit.

EDIT:
And closing this unless ETEFT tells me he is working on it still.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 7 2011, 1:01 am by DevliN.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Options
  Back to forum