Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Can't log-in
Can't log-in
Sep 5 2010, 4:13 am
By: Leeroy_Jenkins
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Sep 6 2010, 12:25 am DevliN Post #21

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

David has access, it's just a matter of him not knowing how to fix some of this stuff.

And as for Admins talking, I used to go to Devourer for all the things that needed fixing because IP was unreliable. Almost every time I've IMed IP, he's been busy or unresponsive.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 6 2010, 11:54 pm Apos Post #22

I order you to forgive yourself!

I found something: When I refresh the site once each second non stop for about 15 - 20 seconds and I the end, I hold F5 so that is spams refreshed really fast and it gives me an SQL error. Not sure if it will help find out the problem.
Code
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User starlite_starglo already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/starlite/public_html/core/mysql.php on line 20
A Staredit Network error has occured:
MySQL Error: No connection to the server.
Please contact administration with all the details.

Sep 7 2010, 12:07 am DavidJCobb Post #23

I know that the server generates a unique ID for every image included in a post with the IMG BBCode. I don't know what algorithms are used or why it would affect specific users, but if images in posts are indeed connected, that unique ID is almost certainly part of the reason why.

Quote from Apos
I found something: When I refresh the site once each second non stop for about 15 - 20 seconds and I the end, I hold F5 so that is spams refreshed really fast and it gives me an SQL error. Not sure if it will help find out the problem.
Code
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User starlite_starglo already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/starlite/public_html/core/mysql.php on line 20
A Staredit Network error has occured:
MySQL Error: No connection to the server.
Please contact administration with all the details.
Almost every page on SEN requires a database connection to load. Chances are, by refresh spamming, you're using up all the database connections that the site can handle, by opening new requests before the old ones can be terminated.

I must say, though, the error handling is rather inelegant. A jargon-free page with a link to report the bug (with full debug output) to all administrators would be more user-friendly, though I'm not sure if the moderation report system could be expanded to accommodate this.

EDIT: Or better yet, an IP check. When all available database connections are used up, check for IPs that used the majority of them in a short period of time, and if they're trying to load the page now, cancel their connections, send them a "HOLD THE FUCK ON AND STOP WHORING THE F5 KEY." message, and let everyone else load the site.

None.

Sep 8 2010, 5:35 am EzTerix Post #24

So how is this getting fixed and who's fixing it?

None.

Sep 8 2010, 8:34 pm NudeRaider Post #25

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Unknown and nobody.

Sep 8 2010, 9:04 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #26

Still can't log-in without a proxy guys. Keep up the good work.

None.

Sep 8 2010, 9:14 pm DavidJCobb Post #27

Quote from Leeroy_Jenkins
Be glad you don't need seven of them. :awesome:

On a related note, we're not keeping up any work, since Dev is gone. Once we determine who his successor will be, everyone can feel free to complain en masse. 'Til then, there's no point in complaining about server-side problems that affect only a handful of users anyway, because no amount of complaining will lead to a fix right now.

None.

Sep 8 2010, 10:52 pm TiKels Post #28

Quote from DavidJCobb
'Til then, there's no point in complaining about server-side problems that affect only a handful of users anyway, because no amount of complaining will lead to a fix right now.
Rage
Don't undermine the fucking problem just because it doesn't effect you... It's happening to tons of people.
/Rage

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Sep 8 2010, 11:52 pm NudeRaider Post #29

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Leeroy_Jenkins
Wanna do something that might just have some effect? PM IP about it. Right now he's your only hope, and who knows if enough people nag him maybe he'll look into it.

Sep 9 2010, 2:55 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #30

Already did that. :/

None.

Sep 9 2010, 6:55 am EzTerix Post #31

Talk about undermining the issue :\. People can't log in and be a part of this site, that's a pretty big issue. Also this points out have fragile our system is. This problem has been going on for days and we don't even have a person on it.

Also I don't know why David is acting like this is not even an issue. A handful of users? There is something wrong with this site that doesn't allow the "handful of users" to login and have other errors while posting and such. I can't even quote or go into the shoutbox. These handful of users have the specs that probably hundreds of thousands or even millions of other people have, and you're saying this doesn't require fixing?

derp someone link me to a good proxy site I keep running out of trial versions. Using aniscartujo or w/e the hell atm.

None.

Sep 9 2010, 8:18 am DevliN Post #32

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I don't understand how proxies make accessing the MySQL database okay when the issue seems to be server-side.

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 9 2010, 8:20 am The Starport Post #33

What could a proxy do? Does it alter anything coming or going on account of the redirects?

It could be that the site's host is using more than one server to host SEN, and when an error occurs on one, hosts routed to the other servers are not effected. Just a theory.

None.

Sep 9 2010, 3:51 pm DevliN Post #34

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Also, stop getting on David's case. He's being realistic about this, and you guys jump on him for "undermining the issue." As long as IP isn't coding, we have no coder. No amount of complaining about this issue will get us a coder sooner, nor will it get the problem fixed sooner. That has nothing to do with "undermining the issue" or saying the issue doesn't require fixing, it has everything to do with the fact that we have no one who can fix the issue. There's no need to get pissed at him.

My Overwatch addiction.

Sep 9 2010, 11:20 pm shmeeps Post #35

Posting just to report that my home computer is now having this problem, and one of my OS's on my laptop is as well. Reformatting the other today, so I doubt, unless this is fixed, I'll be around for a while.

None.

Sep 10 2010, 3:37 am DavidJCobb Post #36

Quote from EzTerix
I can't even quote or go into the shoutbox.
That's not a problem with the site, that's a problem with whatever shit proxy you use that doesn't allow JavaScript.

Quote from name:Tuxedo-Templar
What could a proxy do? Does it alter anything coming or going on account of the redirects?

It could be that the site's host is using more than one server to host SEN, and when an error occurs on one, hosts routed to the other servers are not effected. Just a theory.
The errors could be related to the users' IP addresses. Perhaps there is a problem in whatever SEN uses to facilitate IP tracking and banning?

None.

Sep 10 2010, 6:04 am payne Post #37

:payne:

Quote from shmeeps
Posting just to report that my home computer is now having this problem, and one of my OS's on my laptop is as well. Reformatting the other today, so I doubt, unless this is fixed, I'll be around for a while.
Fuck, IP, fix this. Now I lost my Mapper slave :(
No more Random Micro Arena updates for SEN >:O

None.

Sep 11 2010, 5:25 am EzTerix Post #38

The sooner this gets fixed the less surveys I have to fill out for zend2.com

again anyone know of any free proxies? Apparently the ones I found are crappy so where are the good ones? For free I might add :P

None.

Sep 11 2010, 1:03 pm NudeRaider Post #39

All of you who have complained here, have you PMed IP?
Petitioning him in this way is the only way anything is going to be fixed anytime soon. (though it's no guarantee either)

Sep 11 2010, 5:43 pm Apos Post #40

I order you to forgive yourself!

Quote from EzTerix
The sooner this gets fixed the less surveys I have to fill out for zend2.com

again anyone know of any free proxies? Apparently the ones I found are crappy so where are the good ones? For free I might add :P
Did you try proxy.org? I can tell you how to get it to work if you need.

Edit: https://proxify.com/ That is the fastest proxy I have ever seen!

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 11 2010, 5:53 pm by Apos.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum