Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Quaternary Countoffs
Quaternary Countoffs
Aug 4 2010, 5:55 am
By: jhuni  

Aug 5 2010, 8:19 am CecilSunkure Post #21

Quote from name:yoonkwun
You can't honestly argue adding two extra players as being over-complicated. If anything just a minor personal annoyance.
Quote from CecilSunkure
I'm not saying quaternary countoffs are plain over-complicated
Quote from CecilSunkure
it seems like it could get unnecessarily tedious for my own personal preferences.

None.

Aug 5 2010, 10:18 am Ahli Post #22

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

I've tested this with the trigger limit for savegames (65535 triggers = crash while saving).

This system consumes more triggers.

BTW, I just found out that the savegame trigger limit is at 65534 triggers per player.
That means, you can have 524272 triggers in your map, if you are using all 8 players.

Aug 5 2010, 2:26 pm Azrael Post #23

Quote from rockz
IDK about you guys, but I like using "current player".
Same. Not sure how that's relevant though.

I'll use this the next time I have to do countoffs. Considering how slowly StarCraft transfers maps between players, being able to cut map size with no drawbacks is an ideal optimization.

I don't see this being any harder to use than binary. If anything, it's easier, and certainly more efficient.

Edit: Currently implementing it in a map, as it reduces the map size significantly more than binary would.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Nov 17 2012, 10:24 pm by Azrael.

Aug 5 2010, 3:38 pm rockz Post #24

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Quote from rockz
IDK about you guys, but I like using "current player".
Same.
I said that before I realized how the system works. I still like organizing my triggers properly. With this, it's all over the place. Complexity adds a lot of difficulty to understanding a map.

Still, it works. It adds more triggers but takes up less space. IMO, the few bytes isn't worthwhile.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Options
  Back to forum