Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: SEN StarCraft II August Map Contest
SEN StarCraft II August Map Contest
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 27 2010, 6:59 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Aug 30 2010, 2:26 am payne Post #61

:payne:

Quote from Roy
For not liking my #2 solution, I did the puddle/evaporation one.
Ways to not be lazy to do what everyone had in mind. :P
Quote from Roy
Here's a simulation of a dam rupture, although there is a gap between the water for a brief moment. It could be covered with effects and whatnot, but I didn't include them. I did use explosions because the doodad I used didn't have a kill animation.

It occurs at the top-right.
I like the doodad choice, but that's pretty much it. Still not impressive, just like the other one, but they both are eligible I guess.

None.

Aug 30 2010, 2:58 am TiKels Post #62

:crazy: None of these are remotely doable by someone of my calibur! We need a beginner's version of this...

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 30 2010, 4:11 am payne Post #63

Quote from TiKels
:crazy: None of these are remotely doable by someone of my calibur! We need a beginner's version of this...
The last two ones made by Roy are probably of your level. :P

The Bonus is feasible as well. ;)

None.

Aug 30 2010, 4:25 am Roy Post #64

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from TiKels
The flashlight one was really fun to make. Get creative, man.

If there's going to be a sequel to this contest, I wouldn't mind writing some problems to be solved. You should have varying difficulty, and the more difficult problems would be worth more points.

Quote from payne
I like the doodad choice, but that's pretty much it.
Those foolish Protoss thought they could control the nature of the Glitch River.

Aug 30 2010, 4:36 am payne Post #65

Quote from Roy
If there's going to be a sequel to this contest, I wouldn't mind writing some problems to be solved. You should have varying difficulty, and the more difficult problems would be worth more points.
The point was to push people to find new things.
If the difficulty is too low, we get many inputs for no real value in regards of the Map Making Community.

If there's a sequel (which I doubt, unfortunately), it'll for sure require some Wikis.

Talking of which...
http://www.staredit.net/w2/index.php?title=Flashlight&action=edit&redlink=1

Please share your knowledge. :3

None.

Aug 31 2010, 2:59 pm payne Post #66

Last day for this contest.

None.

Aug 31 2010, 11:56 pm payne Post #67

Currently, Roy, you have a chance to getthe first place if you solve a new problem.
shmeeps, you could get the third place with a new problem solved.

(Partial results to try to push people to submit more material!)
:cecil:

None.

Sep 1 2010, 3:43 am Roy Post #68

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from payne
Currently, Roy, you have a chance to getthe first place if you solve a new problem.
shmeeps, you could get the third place with a new problem solved.

(Partial results to try to push people to submit more material!)
:cecil:
There's no questions left that I want to do and have time to figure out. I tried the jump thing, and wasted a couple hours until I realized that "unit height" != height of a unit. I need to get the height of the unit, and then distribute it in the detection from the unit height for both the triggering unit and the unit with which it collides.

Anyway, since I can't figure out how to get the unit's actual height, I'm done working on the problem. I'll take second place :P

Oh, and I put in what I knew for the flashlight page on the wiki.

Sep 1 2010, 5:42 am payne Post #69

Quote from Roy
Oh, and I put in what I knew for the flashlight page on the wiki.
Ya, I had seen it. :P Thank you very much for that! :)

DTBK or any admin, please close this topic: the contest has ended.
Results are already in, but I must discuss about some points with Devlin.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum