Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Bleak Hope
Bleak Hope
Jun 21 2010, 3:58 pm
By: StarBlue
Pages: < 1 2 3

Jun 24 2010, 3:55 pm LoTu)S Post #41

Choose a few people as Narrators (For example: Will and David), give them a map, and let them tell the story while SEN members make decisions. What I also suggest is not just a plain North, South, East, West decision, but something that brings logic, such as "Move down the dark Stairway", "Approach the mysterious statue", or something as plain as "keep going, lawl." If anything, make some choices not instant death, but lead them on a road that will eventually kill them.

None.

Jun 24 2010, 6:13 pm Riney Post #42

Thigh high affectionado

Dont forget having to find power (Either fuse box, battery, generator, etc) to find other doors that you couldnt see / open before.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jun 25 2010, 2:49 am poison_us Post #43

Back* from the grave

Quote from CaptainWill
Excellent narration @David, though perhaps it puts thoughts in the player's head a bit too much.
Sounds like what I said :P

Quote from CaptainWill
If one of these stories is going to be played on this forum I advise that we agree on the "form" of it here and then create a new topic for the game itself, to avoid confusion. I think the game should play like an old text adventure in that the players can take actions besides moving in a direction, but that these actions should be relevant to the situation and not ridiculous - not "Drop your pants and moon at the Demon", for example. Push, Pull, Take, Give, Talk etc. should be acceptable, as well as other common actions. We have the advantage that we are not constrained by the limited comprehension of a text game interpreter, and as narrators can give appropriate responses to almost anything the player chooses to do.
But, everyone knows Demons hate moons!

In an unrelated note, I might make a SCI map just for shits n giggles that ask you how you want to proceed and stuffs.

Jun 25 2010, 3:40 am Apos Post #44

I order you to forgive yourself!

For those that want to read more, here is an article on wikipedia: Gamebook

For those that speak french: Livre dont vous êtes le héro.

Edit: For that last post, the site is in French, but there are books in English too.

Edit2: Took a while, but I have finally found what I was looking for. Middle-Earth Quest. It's good because all the rules of the original book are there. I guess our game could be base on that.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 25 2010, 4:16 am by apos.

Jun 25 2010, 2:11 pm Norm Post #45

OKAY.

Will and David host this thing. Make a new topic, and in the first posts, track the story as far as it's gone. Then, keep doing what you two have done in this thread with your good narration of the scenes. Also, get someone to do a map for you, don't do it yourself because then you might be tempted to pre-plan things, which will detract fun from the game. I COULD, do a map, but you're prolly better off asking someone who is more active (lol) anyway, this topic is proof that it is a good idea, so you two get together and organize something, please, and thanks.

p.s. Yes, basic commands rather than the four direction would be an excellent addition.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum