Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: League of Legends
League of Legends
May 25 2010, 6:33 am
By: poison_us
Pages: < 1 « 42 43 44 45 46127 >

Nov 3 2010, 1:55 am Bar Refaeli Post #861

Quote from poison_us
Oh? Patch notes please?

And btw, I'm thinking about trying Lux out a few times, and then playing her once in our premie games, so I can build my Lux ult level 3. It's a blessing as killsteals make me thrive. It's a blessing as I thrive from my killing spree.

None.

Nov 3 2010, 2:28 am Norm Post #862

Cool, Kat got another buff.

Speaking of which, I've actually started owning pretty hardcore with her the past couple of days.

None.

Nov 3 2010, 4:08 am Neki Post #863

Quote from Norm

Speaking of which, I've actually started owning pretty hardcore with her the past couple of days.

Oh Norm. :lol:

None.

Nov 3 2010, 4:15 am poison_us Post #864

Back* from the grave

Quote from name:Raccoon
Quote from poison_us
Oh? Patch notes please?

And btw, I'm thinking about trying Lux out a few times, and then playing her once in our premie games, so I can build my Lux ult level 3. It's a blessing as killsteals make me thrive. It's a blessing as I thrive from my killing spree.
No, you should have seen the game I just got done playing. Killsteals definitely make me thrive. And I want to go solo, cuz farm's all I need. When I'm mid, if I'm confident I can easily kill the other guy, I don't until they initiate. Rather useful as Vlad, because they mysteriously lose 400 HP as I gain 200. And then I become unhittable, and continue to gain HP. AND THEN, assuming they're alive, I sap another 450. AND THEN, in the miraculous incident that they have not already passed away, they go boom for 600+ damage.

Nov 3 2010, 7:46 am Decency Post #865

Game number one... I'm "Profession"

I wonder why I found this game completely unchallenging. Oh yeah, because it's completely unchallenging. If I didn't do dumb stuff and tower dive all the time I probably wouldn't have even died. Is there any way to play against better players without beating scrubs for a while?

Also, can someone throw up a reasonably good tier list? I don't want to buy terrible heroes that won't be useful. I was looking at the melee-tutorial guy with the Soul Reaper-esque ultimate, for example, he seems pretty cool.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 3 2010, 8:13 am by FaZ-.

None.

Nov 3 2010, 8:03 am DevliN Post #866

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Yay a free 3rd rune page!

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 3 2010, 9:06 am Decency Post #867

Game Number two. Ended with an "Ace" and ~5000 spare gold that I couldn't figure out what to do with.

I think I'm done with LoL again unless there's some way to make this more difficult. =o

None.

Nov 3 2010, 11:57 am ShadowFlare Post #868

If you play a game with the rest of us instead of using the solo queue, it is possible to play a game against others who have played much more than the ones you have been playing against.

None.

Nov 3 2010, 2:53 pm Norm Post #869

Quote from Neki
Quote from Norm

Totally serious.

None.

Nov 3 2010, 3:04 pm Alzarath Post #870

Praetor

Quote from Norm
Totally serious.

Quote from Neki

None.

Nov 3 2010, 3:30 pm Riney Post #871

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from name:FaZ-
Game Number two. Ended with an "Ace" and ~5000 spare gold that I couldn't figure out what to do with.

I think I'm done with LoL again unless there's some way to make this more difficult. =o

Play with us (A rather large handful of level 30s) and you're in for a hard game every time. Ill add you right now.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Nov 3 2010, 3:55 pm Decency Post #872

Reading a bit about that, seems like I'll be going up against a (usually) initial HP disadvantage due to my lack of runes/masteries, but I'm hesitantly fine with that as long as it's not ridiculously dramatic.

Assuming I want to equalize myself with you guys ASAP by saving my points, at what time am I going to want to start purchasing runes? ie: when is a good time to buy them where I won't want to replace them shortly thereafter? 6/12/18/24/30? Or what? Is there even a max level or is it just perpetually better and better runes?

Also, I'm assuming that standard builds for characters will mean I'll need to pick a few who can use the same subset of runes/masteries, making it quicker for me to catch up. Are there any "role lists" of heroes that commonly share runes/masteries?

So yeah, probably going to have tons of questions over the next week if the game keeps my interest. I'll start up a thread on the actual LoL forums once they start working so you guys don't have to answer all of them.

None.

Nov 3 2010, 5:10 pm Zycorax Post #873

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

I've been told to wait till level 20(?) before I start buying runes. That's when you unlock tier 3 runes.

Nov 3 2010, 5:32 pm Norm Post #874

Quote from Zycorax
I've been told to wait till level 20(?) before I start buying runes. That's when you unlock tier 3 runes.

Do this.

None.

Nov 3 2010, 6:01 pm Neki Post #875

Quote from name:FaZ-
Reading a bit about that, seems like I'll be going up against a (usually) initial HP disadvantage due to my lack of runes/masteries, but I'm hesitantly fine with that as long as it's not ridiculously dramatic. Assuming I want to equalize myself with you guys ASAP by saving my points, at what time am I going to want to start purchasing runes? ie: when is a good time to buy them where I won't want to replace them shortly thereafter? 6/12/18/24/30? Or what? Is there even a max level or is it just perpetually better and better runes? Also, I'm assuming that standard builds for characters will mean I'll need to pick a few who can use the same subset of runes/masteries, making it quicker for me to catch up. Are there any "role lists" of heroes that commonly share runes/masteries? So yeah, probably going to have tons of questions over the next week if the game keeps my interest. I'll start up a thread on the actual LoL forums once they start working so you guys don't have to answer all of them.

You'll be down about 100 HP, which is the biggest difference you'll probably visibily feel, besides that, the runes don't really kick in unless optimized well and into the late game. Yes, save your IP for runes and wait for Tier 3, it sucks because you just missed the Halloween runes which were half as cheap as Quintensseces of Tier 3 but almost as good. Max level of runes is level 3, I usually use Mobafire for all my builds, and most of the heroes I play share the same runes. I also wouldn't spend IP on heroes unless they're the cheap ones, or if you've tried them when they were free and you really liked them. Otherwise, the free heroes are fine for getting more IP.

None.

Nov 3 2010, 7:08 pm poison_us Post #876

Back* from the grave

Quote from Neki
I also wouldn't spend IP on heroes unless they're the cheap ones, or if you've tried them when they were free and you really liked them. Otherwise, the free heroes are fine for getting more IP.
This. Also, as has been said, go premade with a couple 30s. And get on Teamspeak. And get in the chat channel "SEN". And updated OP.

Nov 3 2010, 7:27 pm Wing Zero Post #877

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from poison_us
And updated OP.
I still don't see myself up there.

Nov 3 2010, 7:32 pm poison_us Post #878

Back* from the grave

Quote from Wing Zero
Quote from poison_us
And updated OP.
I still don't see myself up there.
You owe me how many minerals today? Oh, that's right, 46. In addition:
Quote from poison_us
Will update whenever I get the 5 infoz for the uber team, or next time I'm on, whichever comes first.
I simply "forgot".

Nov 3 2010, 9:42 pm Lingie Post #879

Best time to buy runes is now. Don't touch T2 runes, and wait for T3. Its cheap to nothing to fill up on T1 runes, and they give you plenty of room to experiment.

Also, if you picked the "played these games before" option when you first logged in, you'd get the normal crowd. If you clicked never before, you'll find the smurf crowd, and they'd more then likely be more difficult.

Sad sad truth.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Nov 3 2010, 9:48 pm ThedarKOne Post #880

Quote from name:Rammus
Best time to buy runes is now. Don't touch T2 runes, and wait for T3. Its cheap to nothing to fill up on T1 runes, and they give you plenty of room to experiment.

Also, if you picked the "played these games before" option when you first logged in, you'd get the normal crowd. If you clicked never before, you'll find the smurf crowd, and they'd more then likely be more difficult.

Sad sad truth.

I wish people would be more honest :(

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 42 43 44 45 46127 >
  Back to forum