Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Download Portal for FREE
Download Portal for FREE
May 12 2010, 11:27 pm
By: Symmetry  

May 18 2010, 5:42 am Forsaken Archer Post #21

Quote from DavidJCobb
I just downloaded it, and I can't run it, because my graphics card doesn't support shaders. God damnit, I wanna play this game, I've heard so many good things about it!
Fuck you, NVIDIA, for making a card that was designed to suck. Fuck you in the ass. :flamer: Can't play SCII, can't play Portal... Hell, this card makes Halo PC look like shit!
Geforce mx4 is like... the cheap version of some of the fathering video cards. I don't remember much below geforce 4. I don't know what you expect from a 9 year old video budget card :bleh:

None.

May 18 2010, 7:35 am ShadowFlare Post #22

IIRC, even the fastest Geforce MX 4 was only half as fast as the slowest Geforce Ti 4.

None.

May 18 2010, 8:06 am Lanthanide Post #23

Interestingly, this means you will be able to play Black Mesa for free because it requires any source engine game, including Portal.

Black Mesa is a complete remake of Half Life 1 in the Source engine. It is much more than the lame Half Life: Source that Valve came out with - it is all maps re-made using source assets.

I'd strongly recommend playing this for anyone who hasn't played Half Life, once it comes out.

http://www.blackmesasource.com/

None.

May 18 2010, 8:20 am MasterJohnny Post #24

Quote from Lanthanide
Interestingly, this means you will be able to play Black Mesa for free because it requires any source engine game, including Portal.

Black Mesa is a complete remake of Half Life 1 in the Source engine. It is much more than the lame Half Life: Source that Valve came out with - it is all maps re-made using source assets.

I'd strongly recommend playing this for anyone who hasn't played Half Life, once it comes out.

All the scientists don't look the same!!! There is no Dr. Kleiner?
Was there actually any difference at all with the Half Life: Source and the original? I did not really care about the graphics. The gameplay was fun.

I am a Mathematician

May 18 2010, 12:19 pm NudeRaider Post #25

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from DavidJCobb
Fuck you, NVIDIA, for making a card that was designed to suck. Fuck you in the ass. :flamer: Can't play SCII, can't play Portal... Hell, this card makes Halo PC look like shit!
Stop being silly. It's soo not like you.

May 18 2010, 9:57 pm dumbducky Post #26

Quote from MasterJohnny
Quote from Lanthanide

All the scientists don't look the same!!! There is no Dr. Kleiner?
Was there actually any difference at all with the Half Life: Source and the original? I did not really care about the graphics. The gameplay was fun.
I'm pretty sure they just straight up ported the old game into a new physics system. The graphics did not receive even the slightest upgrade. It's not worth however much they are charging for it.

tits

May 21 2010, 11:55 am OlimarandLouie Post #27

I've gotten over 8 friends and family to download this game. Too bad my piece of crap computer is the best one of them all.

None.

May 21 2010, 1:53 pm rockz Post #28

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from name:negrodamus
I'm pretty sure they just straight up ported the old game into a new physics system. The graphics did not receive even the slightest upgrade. It's not worth however much they are charging for it.
Free with my copy of Half Life 2?

Graphics got the upgrade from the source engine, but they didn't do anything to improve the textures.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

May 23 2010, 1:45 am x-EnAlex Post #29

I know, my friend actually spend 20 dollars on the game and when they announced it was free, he curse-spreed so loud, that even the bus driver heard and pulled over the bus :D

None.

Sep 19 2011, 6:18 pm Apos Post #30

I order you to forgive yourself!

Well... Just wanted to say that, once more, Portal was free. If you don't have it yet, hurry up!!! IT'S ONLY GOING TO BE FREE UNTIL TOMORROW!!!

Sep 19 2011, 7:00 pm Fire_Kame Post #31

wth is starcraft

Wow what? I heard about something before SEN did? :awesome: I downloaded my couple days ago!!

Sep 19 2011, 7:05 pm Apos Post #32

I order you to forgive yourself!

Quote from Fire_Kame
Wow what? I heard about something before SEN did? :awesome: I downloaded my couple days ago!!
I wasn't sure if it was better to revive this or let it go by so I waited a few days. Then I changed my mind since no one seemed to talk about it.

Edit: I see what you did there :lol: I feel like that too.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 19 2011, 7:18 pm by Apos.

Sep 21 2011, 1:36 pm Wing Zero Post #33

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from Apos
Well... Just wanted to say that, once more, Portal was free. If you don't have it yet, hurry up!!! IT'S ONLY GOING TO BE FREE UNTIL TOMORROW!!!
THANK YOU!!!! I saw that post and i had to get it, i cant believe i almost missed the opportunity to get this game.

Btw, I loooove the credits :cube:

Options
  Back to forum