CPR SEN
May 11 2010, 6:45 am
By: Corbo
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >

May 11 2010, 8:44 pm Jack Post #41

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Why do we have to care how nibbits moderates itself?

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 11 2010, 8:46 pm BlueWolf Post #42

Those that say, "We need more of this, and that there too."
Well, ok, we need that, but why are you waiting for someone else to do it? If you know what SEN lacks, then be the first to do something about it.
Just like these promotions, we can't wait for the right guy to come along. The said person might not be ready for such a position, but like Ex, they'll certainly develop the necessary requirements in time.

I hate to compare SEN to Star Wars, (hehe) but we're like Yoda. Yes, yoda. We're an old, small community, but we're the strongest community, and the most knowledgeable in the field of what we do. We certainly have what it takes to become the elite site we once were, with all of our really loyal members, and experienced staff.

About the PR. Whoever said we need more than one is on the dot. One alone can do it, but there won't be much motivation for this person to do much if it is taking him so long to create one video, one map, and everything else in between. The PR needs a team like American Idol's judges. Ex would definitely fit the Simon role, I'd love to see JaFF there too, and with devilesk's way of wording things to calm, and convince Ex, we'd have a well balanced team as well.

I hate to see the community fall over and argue because we can't get along. Guess what? The new members are reading our bickering, and thinking to themselves that they might not want to be a part of such a community. I'm not saying we all need to get along either, but maybe keeping the low blows to PMs would help.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 11 2010, 8:57 pm by BluEditor.

None.

May 11 2010, 8:47 pm Excalibur Post #43

The sword and the faith

Quote from Jack
Why do we have to care how nibbits moderates itself?
Because if what IP has been telling me isn't an exaggeration, Nibbits and SEN are going to get a lot more affiliated then you realize.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

May 11 2010, 8:48 pm Centreri Post #44

Relatively ancient and inactive

Ex, I simply don't agree with pressuring someone who's giving us free money and publicity. Don't take too much for granted, all that.

None.

May 11 2010, 8:49 pm Excalibur Post #45

The sword and the faith

Quote from Centreri
Ex, I simply don't agree with pressuring someone who's giving us free money and publicity. Don't take too much for granted, all that.
I'm sure we could state a case for such concerns without harming relations Cent.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

May 11 2010, 8:50 pm Centreri Post #46

Sure. But I believe you've stated your case repeatedly, and to no avail.

None.

May 11 2010, 8:51 pm UnholyUrine Post #47

Yoshi? As in xYoshix? ..
or the Yoshi da sniper

Maybe it's because i'm not as senior as you are.. but I have never seen Yoshi before... and I don't see much posts from him.. nor do I see him on B.net..
Why'd u appoint someone who don't show up PR? But okay.. you've said ur point.

Why don't you help david out with the wiki <.< ..
i'm sure your language decency will be of use there

What nibbits did to you, as you would've said to them, a mistake. Which you said you'd tolerate on previous posts..
Growth is important now, in order for us to stay on the wave... I think devilesk put it best
"There is no reason why we cannot maintain a level of high quality while also striving for quantity. "

None.

May 11 2010, 8:52 pm Demented Shaman Post #48

Content goes hand in hand with advertising and PR. For example, if you make a video tutorial that's valuable content right there. You put it on youtube and you can also give a shoutout to SEN. When people go looking for tutorials and other references they'll find SEN.

Also, we should stop thinking of other communities as so different from our own. The only thing that makes us unique is our own unique history and tradition. Otherwise, people are essentially the same no matter where you go. We're all human beings.

None.

May 11 2010, 8:53 pm Excalibur Post #49

The sword and the faith

Quote from Centreri
Sure. But I believe you've stated your case repeatedly, and to no avail.
Perhaps me not being the best diplomat, shouldn't be doing it. Yes I'm the one pushing that its a good idea, but I have yet to be given any reason by anyone as to why its a bad one. Nibbits had bad mappers giving other bad mappers bad advice. We should give a nudge in the right direction to correct these issues, if SEN is about improving and furthering mapping this should concern us. I mean, I'd be happy to go in and post 'Hey guys neither of you are really correct you might want to go read this page over on SEN to teach you about this' but I'm not sure if that sort of advertisement/redirection is allowed at Nibbits.

Edit:

Quote from UnholyUrine
Yoshi? As in xYoshix? ..
or the Yoshi da sniper

Maybe it's because i'm not as senior as you are.. but I have never seen Yoshi before... and I don't see much posts from him.. nor do I see him on B.net..
Yoshi is Yoshi Da Sniper, he founded SEN, he was Maplantis' creator and admin as well. Yoshi's community talents are evident in this very page you post on. SEN wouldn't have lasted a day without his leadership. When it comes to community expertise, there can be no other, he is truly gifted in this area. I have seen him in some TF2 communities and he seamlessly integrates from a newby into a well liked member in a matter of days. The guys got talent, and we know we can trust him to do the right thing.

Quote from UnholyUrine
Why don't you help david out with the wiki <.< ..
i'm sure your language decency will be of use there
I really couldn't be of much help yet. I have yet to play the beta legitimately, since my PC has been down for a couple of months. I've been posting on SEN from a backup PC with a Geforce 4. :P

Quote from UnholyUrine
What nibbits did to you, as you would've said to them, a mistake. Which you said you'd tolerate on previous posts..
Growth is important now, in order for us to stay on the wave... I think devilesk put it best
"There is no reason why we cannot maintain a level of high quality while also striving for quantity. "
Indeed devilesk is correct, its a good goal and I just want to make sure the goals we set are goals we can achieve.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

May 11 2010, 8:54 pm DevliN Post #50

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from UnholyUrine
Yoshi? As in xYoshix? ..
or the Yoshi da sniper

Yoshi da Sniper, the creator of SEN and Maplantis. He doesn't post here anymore because he has no reason to. Yoshi was a good admin, and there were happy times in SENland (for the most part) when he was around.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 11 2010, 8:57 pm Demented Shaman Post #51

Also, take a look at this youtube video tutorial Yoshi posted on his channel. I specifically want to point out what he says at around 1:20. I hope it serves as a wake up call for all of SEN.

He says two of the best mapping sites he knows of are battle.net and sc2mapster. And honestly, that's the undeniable truth right now.

Yoshi produces a lot of great content and would be a great asset to whatever community he goes to.

None.

May 11 2010, 9:00 pm Forsaken Archer Post #52

devilesk: i think we enjoy talking about what we should do
devilesk: than actually doing it

truth

None.

May 11 2010, 9:49 pm CecilSunkure Post #53

Quote from name:isolatedpurity
devilesk: i think we enjoy talking about what we should do
devilesk: than actually doing it

truth
Not all of us are in here wasting time and energy, and are actually doing things to better the community.

SEN needs a new social admin, and a lot of people want a PR admin. If you aren't appointing either of these positions, then the members here that want to make a difference need to go make a map, work on the SCII wiki, or something else similar to benefit SEN. This whole thread is mainly a waste of celluloid.

As a friend of mine bluntly put it: Two hands working make more of a difference than a thousand in prayer (wasting their time discussing a bunch of random points).

None.

May 11 2010, 9:55 pm payne Post #54

:payne:

Quote from Vrael
Quote from DavidJCobb
Visually, the site looks... aged. It's aged about as well as SCI's graphics have aged.
I seriously doubt that the layout of the site will affect our SC2 status. Sure nice is nice to have, but it's really the core functionality that matters: people getting help on the Assistance forum, people finding maps they need in the DLDB, finding the assistance article they need, ect, and how easy it is to use these functions.
In fact, I remember showing the site to some sc2mapster members and they said it had a very aging skin, which won't help our cause.
Anyways, just had to say that there -are- noobs that think that way (that skins represents content).

None.

May 11 2010, 9:58 pm Excalibur Post #55

The sword and the faith

Yeah, I checked the sites we posted our advertisement up on. Many people commented on the site looking dated.

The sword and the faith.

Sector 12

May 11 2010, 10:03 pm Super Duper Post #56

Many people commented on the site looking dated.
*Chants* V6, V6, V6, V6!

None.

May 11 2010, 10:06 pm payne Post #57

:payne:

Right now, I am starting to think that contest idea wasn't a good idea: we are advertising a site that isn't to its best and people are forging ideas on it.
No way they will return to a site that they believe to be out-dated.
We'll need a good work on advertising the v6.

None.

May 11 2010, 10:22 pm DevliN Post #58

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

The skin for v6 looks great so far, so the look of SEN wont be a problem once that comes out.

I still say one of our major issues now is content.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 11 2010, 10:23 pm Centreri Post #59

v6 isn't close to completion.

Commission a new skin? :P.

None.

May 11 2010, 10:23 pm Forsaken Archer Post #60

Our major issue is indeed content. v6 doesn't automatically mean a better default skin, it just enables skinning to do more and slightly better ui.
Everything else relies on content.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum