CPR SEN
May 11 2010, 6:45 am
By: Corbo
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >

May 11 2010, 10:29 pm DevliN Post #61

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Whatever skin Devourer showed me looked awesome, so I figured that was gonna be the default v6 skin. Either way, perhaps Cent is right and some new v5 skins would help. I've always kept mine on Epic, I don't even know what the default one is anymore.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 11 2010, 10:33 pm CecilSunkure Post #62

Sure as hell right content is needed, hence my post about 5 posts ago.

None.

May 11 2010, 10:34 pm Demented Shaman Post #63

Whoever says the skin is dated should use Carbonite.

None.

May 11 2010, 10:42 pm DavidJCobb Post #64

[deleted]

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 5 2018, 4:00 am by DavidJCobb.

None.

May 11 2010, 10:46 pm Demented Shaman Post #65

Updating the way the site looks is like beating a dead horse. Reminds me of the crap facebook does and what Google recently did. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

You talk about how the site looks dated. Can you show me examples of what "modern" sites look like? SEN looks perfectly fine to my untrained eye, and I don't think the majority of SC2 players would find much fault with it. And you all love making comparisons to sc2mapster, and in terms of looks this is the one area I can say SEN is winning in at the moment.

My point is that content should be given a higher priority right now than the way the site looks. I'm not sure what IP can contribute in terms of content so maybe he does have the time and resources to dedicate to making the site look better.

None.

May 11 2010, 10:48 pm CecilSunkure Post #66

SEN's layout isn't high priority as far as I'm concerned.

Quote from CecilSunkure
SEN needs a new social admin, and a lot of people want a PR admin. If you aren't appointing either of these positions, then the members here that want to make a difference need to go make a map, work on the SCII wiki, or something else similar to benefit SEN. This whole thread is mainly a waste of celluloid.

I thought that screenshot looked great David, and you sound like you know what you're talking about.

None.

May 11 2010, 10:49 pm Jack Post #67

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

People need to stop bitching about skins, someone should lock this, and we can all get back to making SC2 content instead of BAWWW MAPSTER AND HIVE HAVE MORE PEOPLE BAWWW.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 11 2010, 10:51 pm Forsaken Archer Post #68

Carbonite
Someone should edit this to make a fluid design possible.

None.

May 11 2010, 11:10 pm Centreri Post #69

Relatively ancient and inactive

Yes, we should make content - but as long as we CAN, I see no problems with us updating SEN as well, people. We only need three people (David, Dev and IP) to continue updating skins and working on v6, and they're probably not going to contribute in a great way to our SCII mapping, so might as well continue. I also think that if we implement my Project Manager idea, that'll help organize all these initiatives - and I can see using it to create a SEN mapping team to accomplish together what we can't alone.

I think IP should focus on the DLDB, followed by the separate Wiki (if we adopt it) followed by v6. I think Dev should continue to (without messing too much) improve SEN, while David and whoever wants to help (Syphon, Rockz, Apos) work on improving our skins and making them more sexy. I don't think we necessarily need more, but half of our skins are basic re-colorations, and some radically different skins would be awesome. Oh, and change the deerwhale from Maplantis, it's getting stale.

Again, while we should continue mapping, I'm really not motivated enough to do much more for SEN then give suggestions. I can help you guys out with making maps, but, hell, I never completed a SCI map :P.

None.

May 11 2010, 11:21 pm ClansAreForGays Post #70

I obviously can't take any type of official PR slot due to my name, but I would really like to be the sidekick or unofficial second in command to whoever gets it. I excel in promotions.

May 11 2010, 11:24 pm Centreri Post #71

Relatively ancient and inactive

Then help advertise a bit and show what you did to IP. I believe we haven't advertised our competition on SC.org yet (Might be wrong - but I haven't), but I've tried incgamers, starcraft2forum, Mapster, Hive and TheHelper. The only two threads still open and going fairly nicely (though we're getting bashed) are Hive and TheHelper.

None.

May 12 2010, 12:01 am CecilSunkure Post #72

Quote from Centreri
Yes, we should make content - but as long as we CAN, I see no problems with us updating SEN as well, people.
Agreed.

Quote from Centreri
Again, while we should continue mapping, I'm really not motivated enough to do much more for SEN then give suggestions. I can help you guys out with making maps, but, hell, I never completed a SCI map :P.
Start writing wiki stuff. I don't plan to make hardly any finished SCII maps, but I plan to use what I learn in the near future to write lots of information into the wiki.

None.

May 12 2010, 12:13 am DevliN Post #73

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from DevliN
We're all here for a common goal: the success of SEN. Fighting and bickering about it solves nothing right now, and considering how much inter-Staff fights are breaking out it looks like we're imploding. I've always been a fan of the varying opinions of our Staff members because frankly if we all agreed on everything, we'd be worse off. This, however, is not the best way to deal with this issue. Let's not forget that SC2 still hasn't been released, and there could be a surge of activity once it is. For now, our best bet is to keep contributing to the wiki, coming up with awesome new concepts, and being as innovative as SEN once was.
I said this earlier, and it was probably overlooked. :P

Our best bet now is to just make maps and keep chugging along. One thing SC2Mapster is doing right is updating their news constantly with new developments. Our news page has literally become advertisement space for contests. Granted we don't have many projects in the works here, but once we get that going, that's one thing to definitely consider.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 12 2010, 4:44 am Forsaken Archer Post #74

Corbo as PR admin, hell yeah.

Also not, Corbo is not a community admin. There will be distinction that I have yet to write up.

None.

May 12 2010, 5:30 am Sixen Post #75

Quote from Jack
People need to stop bitching about skins, someone should lock this, and we can all get back to making SC2 content instead of BAWWW MAPSTER AND HIVE HAVE MORE PEOPLE BAWWW.

You mean there's other discussion on SEN other than "BAWW MAPSTER <insert something here>"?

Quote from DevliN
Our best bet now is to just make maps and keep chugging along. One thing SC2Mapster is doing right is updating their news constantly with new developments. Our news page has literally become advertisement space for contests. Granted we don't have many projects in the works here, but once we get that going, that's one thing to definitely consider.

On a daily basis.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 12 2010, 5:42 am by Sixen.

None.

May 12 2010, 7:29 am CaptainWill Post #76

I feel that the big question is whether or not people want SEN to be a successful SCII mapping site. Much of what I write will be repeating the words of others; I've been particularly impressed by the level of serious discussion going on in the thread.

If people want SEN to be successful then it seems things are now starting to head in the right general direction. Many of our older members who were excellent mappers in SC have moved on, presumably to full-time jobs and normal lives. I would guess that a fair few of us who remain feel too old and too weighed down by responsibilities outside SEN to make a wholehearted contribution to making the site what it needs to be for SCII success. What we need is new blood.

I've never been good at mapping and no doubt I'll struggle with SCII's editor - I admit that freely. I had fun doing it in my mid-teens though (before I anchored in the "Other" forums), and this is the motivated, youthful and free demographic that SEN needs to attract, with all the problems people of that age bring. SEN had plenty of trouble and drama caused by immaturity back in the day, so we will have no problem dealing with youngsters again. The ranks need to be opened; the site promoted along the lines Corbo has suggested; the moderation team "trained" in creating the right kind of environment for growth.

I consider the promotion of Corbo to PR Admin an odd choice given his disciplinary record, but I realise that because he has the motivation and importantly, the ideas, to help SEN, he is also a natural choice.

Also, we can learn a lot by studying the success of other mapmaking sites that have sprung up, and applying the principles we see therein because they are way ahead of us. The drama involving Sixen has to stop - it's just an orgy of trolling and counter-trolling which serves only to divert time and resources away from what we should be doing - evolving the site. We don't have to be enemies with Sixen or his website; friendly competition should be how we view our relationship.

As for myself, I am going to make an effort to get involved with threads a bit more here, and see what I can do with the new editor. From what I've seen of it so far, it is incredibly versatile, but for that very reason rather overwhelming. Tutorials and wiki entries are needed.

None.

May 12 2010, 7:58 am Sixen Post #77

Quote from CaptainWill
As for myself, I am going to make an effort to get involved with threads a bit more here, and see what I can do with the new editor. From what I've seen of it so far, it is incredibly versatile, but for that very reason rather overwhelming. Tutorials and wiki entries are needed.
Versatile is an understatement. It'll make your coffee while cleaning your room because you're busy using it to make your Map.

Only thing it won't fully support is a Scripting Editor (other than the test editor) and UI Customization.

None.

May 12 2010, 8:04 am Forsaken Archer Post #78

Sixen, if you have any kind of love for old SEN, you'd help us in restoring it to it's former glory.

Just saying :)

None.

May 12 2010, 8:09 am Sixen Post #79

Quote from name:isolatedpurity
Sixen, if you have any kind of love for old SEN, you'd help us in restoring it to it's former glory.

Just saying :)

I wanted to months ago, you didn't respond, -_^.

I PMed you guys at the beginning of February, we didn't launch Mapster until mid-to-end March.

None.

May 12 2010, 8:12 am Forsaken Archer Post #80

Forget that, I wouldn't have sold SEN to curse anyways.

That doesn't mean you can't help though :)
Maybe I can help you in some way.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum