Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Map Production Rules
Map Production Rules
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
May 4 2010, 1:29 am
By: DevliN  

May 4 2010, 1:29 am DevliN Post #1

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Map Production Rules

1. Title your topic appropriately.
Make sure your title includes the name of your map. Simple enough.

2. Keep your original post organized and informative.
A simple mish-mosh of unorganized information can be confusing. The more organized your post looks, the better your production will look. Include some basic information about your map(s). What makes your map so special? We'd like to know before trying it out!

3. Include screenshots.
This is a must, must, must. As PCFredZ put it, "Adding screenshots usually shows that your map is well under way, not just another spur-of-the-moment idea for a map which may never see day light in reality. In short, screenshots can mean the difference between a topic that gets attention and one that gets none." Whether it be from the editor or in-game, we need to see some images from your map. If there are no screenshots, your topic will be closed or deleted. "Bad" screenshots that do not actually show us much about the map do not count and are not acceptable.

4. Keep posts relevant.
Map makers will always love praise of their work, but simply saying "Awesome map!" is unnecessary as a response. If you're going to give a map criticism, add some depth to it. If you really liked it, state what you liked about it. If you happened to dislike it, perhaps state why and include suggestions. Any simple two or three word praises would be more suitable in a PM to the map maker.

5. No flaming.
I cannot stress this one enough. More often than not we find posts in threads from people who just want to bash a map or the map's creator. This is unacceptable. We're all for constructive criticism, but simply patronizing someone is out of the question. People take their creations very personally and often any attacks against them or the work leads to a very defensive argument that is really uncalled for. This rule should be simple enough. Let's keep the arguing to a minimum.

6. Try not to double-post.
This should be self-explanatory: limit the double-posting, which means don't post twice in a thread without a reply by someone else in between. Unless you're reviving a thread that's been dead for weeks or there has been a lack of activity in your thread for days, keep the double-posting to a minimum. If you recently updated something in your map and want to mention it in your thread, use the "Edit" button for your last post.

For now, these should be suitable. I'll add more in the future if need be.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Options
  Back to forum