Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: Week #1 SEN Mapping Contest
Week #1 SEN Mapping Contest
Apr 20 2010, 9:05 pm
By: CecilSunkure
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Apr 24 2010, 9:00 pm Kaias Post #41

I'll have something ready by the deadline.
I've changed my mind.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 28 2010, 5:41 am by Kaias.

None.

Apr 25 2010, 1:37 am SkLoped Post #42

I'll have something ready before the deadline :P

None.

Apr 25 2010, 8:40 am SkLoped Post #43

Ok I finished my map
http://www.staredit.net/topic/10722/unread/#special
[attach=6220]
[attach=6231] (Muted Version)

Attachments:
BoundEscape (P).scx
Hits: 26 Size: 237.32kb
BoundEscape (P).scx
Hits: 1 Size: 237.22kb

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 25 2010, 9:15 pm by SkLoped.

None.

Apr 25 2010, 2:26 pm TiKels Post #44

Quote from Kaias
Puzzle Io? OMGOMGOMG
Puzzle Dyne? OMGOMGOMG
Puzzle Io Dyne? Trying to stretch a joke too far.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Apr 25 2010, 7:04 pm payne Post #45

:payne:

Quote from TiKels
Quote from Kaias
Puzzle Io? OMGOMGOMG
Puzzle Dyne? OMGOMGOMG
Puzzle Io Dyne? Trying to stretch a joke too far.
Six triggers.

None.

Apr 26 2010, 2:37 am SkLoped Post #46

So... Cecil aren't you going make a list of all of the contestants?

None.

Apr 27 2010, 4:56 am LoveLess Post #47

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from SkLoped
So... Cecil aren't you going make a list of all of the contestants?
When the contest is over, we take all of the maps that were submitted and play them. Many people will be dropping out I suspect with the Galaxy Editor released, so having a contestants list would be a waste of time. Don't worry, we won't miss anyone's submissions and post the results when their ready.

None.

Apr 27 2010, 5:13 am CecilSunkure Post #48

Yeah, everyone needs to PM us the map, or post their map here in this topic to ensure we judge it for the contest.

None.

Apr 27 2010, 5:14 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #49

Quote from LoveLess
post the results when their ready.

Grammar fail :(

I'll be submitting something I put together. Definitely not the best map but it'll work.

None.

Apr 27 2010, 6:39 am Azrael Post #50

Damn I'm going to be cutting it close, I thought it was late already but apparently I misread the date haha.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 12 2010, 2:24 am by DevliN. Reason: Mineral abuse.

Apr 28 2010, 2:37 am Chia-Tyrant Post #51

This is my entry for the contest. Now, before saying it has nothing to do with puzzles, read this. Since I thought most people would do actual puzzle maps(the thing, bound or dungeon escape style), I tried to be original by creating a game with a "puzzling" atmosphere. By that, I mean that the character is progressively losing his grasp over reality; the world around him grows increasingly stranger and hostile and he has no clue as to why. I also intended to incoporate actual puzzles but I did not have enough time to do so.

I had approximately five hours to work on this so it is not yet complete but there is still a good 30 minutes of gameplay. On the other hand, there are no bugs I know of and I played through the map on several occasions. I do not intend to work any more on this before the deadline is over as I am overloaded with other work.

Note that sound effects play an important part in the game so do not even think about playing this without sounds or with your own music playing. Enjoy.

Download it here.

None.

Apr 28 2010, 2:09 pm CecilSunkure Post #52

Today is the last day of the contest!

All submissions are due Today (April 28th), 2010, by 11:59:59PM EST

None.

Apr 28 2010, 11:28 pm Azrael Post #53

Well, I almost made it, but not quite. No way to have it complete by midnight >< Maybe if it was PST instead of EST :bleh: Well been a couple days since I slept so I guess, time to take a nap, no point in continuing just to get it to 80% by midnight lol. Are there late entries accepted with docked points or something? xD Not like I was going to win anyways with a 3-day map haha.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 12 2010, 2:24 am by DevliN. Reason: Mineral abuse.

Apr 28 2010, 11:54 pm CecilSunkure Post #54

Nonsense! Finish up what you can and post it!

And no, late entries aren't going to be accepted, although, I or Loveless may decide to be sort of lenient and give you feedback as well as rate the map according to the rating rubric -it just won't be included in the rankings.

None.

Apr 29 2010, 1:58 am SkLoped Post #55

Well, who's da winner!

None.

Apr 29 2010, 2:04 am Chia-Tyrant Post #56

Quote from SkLoped
Well, who's da winner!
Be a little patient. The contest is not even over ^^ .

Are there only two entries? This is really disappointing. If I had known there would be so little, I would not have made anything. There is no honour in winning a contest with so little contestants.

None.

Apr 29 2010, 2:06 am CecilSunkure Post #57

Don't worry, at least two more will come, at least.

Yep! Two more arrived! More may come still yet.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 29 2010, 3:25 am by CecilSunkure.

None.

Apr 29 2010, 4:08 am SkLoped Post #58

..that is disappointing

None.

Apr 29 2010, 6:24 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #59

Quote from Chia-Tyrant
This is my entry for the contest. Now, before saying it has nothing to do with puzzles, read this. Since I thought most people would do actual puzzle maps(the thing, bound or dungeon escape style), I tried to be original by creating a game with a "puzzling" atmosphere. By that, I mean that the character is progressively losing his grasp over reality; the world around him grows increasingly stranger and hostile and he has no clue as to why. I also intended to incoporate actual puzzles but I did not have enough time to do so.

I had approximately five hours to work on this so it is not yet complete but there is still a good 30 minutes of gameplay. On the other hand, there are no bugs I know of and I played through the map on several occasions. I do not intend to work any more on this before the deadline is over as I am overloaded with other work.

Note that sound effects play an important part in the game so do not even think about playing this without sounds or with your own music playing. Enjoy.

Download it here.

Wow. That was awesome. The hallucination effect with the broodlings was very cool. The music was also very nice, and this was aesthetically amazing. AND THE DANCE FLOOR. AHAHAHA. AWESOME. Two thumbs up.

None.

Apr 29 2010, 11:17 am Chia-Tyrant Post #60

Quote from Leeroy_Jenkins
Wow. That was awesome. The hallucination effect with the broodlings was very cool. The music was also very nice, and this was aesthetically amazing. AND THE DANCE FLOOR. AHAHAHA. AWESOME. Two thumbs up.
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it :D . Also, were you not going to enter your Detective or Murder Mystery map?

Aside from Leeroy's map, can we know who else entered? I'd like to play the other contestants' maps. I'm a little curious to know how they fared. However, I really hope they're not "Pollute the Puzzle" or "Swim in the Puzzle". Games like those can hardly be considered entries.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum