Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: SCMDraft String Problem
SCMDraft String Problem
Apr 14 2010, 9:57 pm
By: DeM)s.  

Apr 14 2010, 9:57 pm DeM)s. Post #1

Okay well first off I think this is in the right topic. Lol.

Now to the real reason why I'm writing this.. I NEED HELP with SCMDraft.. (Again.. Yeah I know)
What's the problem? Well SCMDraft more or less works fine except for one thing. Whenever I try to go to "Strings" SCMDraft just closes and shuts down on me.
Solution? Can anyone please help me?
Thanks. :D

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 14 2010, 11:47 pm by DeM)s..

None.

Apr 14 2010, 10:42 pm samsizzle Post #2

Make sure you have the latest version of scmdraft from here. Whenever there's a problem I check how big the database file is and delete it or just reinstall scmdraft, if that doesnt fix the problem then there's something wrong with a string in the map you're trying to edit. Check if it does the same thing with other maps.

None.

Apr 14 2010, 11:48 pm DeM)s. Post #3

Quote from samsizzle
Make sure you have the latest version of scmdraft from here. Whenever there's a problem I check how big the database file is and delete it or just reinstall scmdraft, if that doesnt fix the problem then there's something wrong with a string in the map you're trying to edit. Check if it does the same thing with other maps.

I did both of those but the problem still persists. Can too many sprites cause it to crash? Or are there any other causes?

None.

Apr 14 2010, 11:56 pm TiKels Post #4

I had the same problem, and eventually all the strings clipped onto locations (IE: Location 1, Location 2) turned off permanently (and could not be reactivated even from the menus). I forget if this was exactly what I did, but I think that I just uninstalled scmdraft entirely, downloaded the newest one again, and installed it.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Apr 15 2010, 12:07 am DeM)s. Post #5

Quote from TiKels
I had the same problem, and eventually all the strings clipped onto locations (IE: Location 1, Location 2) turned off permanently (and could not be reactivated even from the menus). I forget if this was exactly what I did, but I think that I just uninstalled scmdraft entirely, downloaded the newest one again, and installed it.

Just did that and for some reason it's still happening.

I get an error message and then when I go to get more info about it I get this..
AppName: scmdraft2.exe AppVer: 0.8.0.0 ModName: scmdraft2.exe
ModVer: 0.8.0.0 Offset: 0001bea4

None.

Apr 15 2010, 1:09 am Lanthanide Post #6

If you're running Vista or Win7, try this: http://www.staredit.net/topic/10065/

It's not the same problem, but similar, and might help - worth a try.

None.

Apr 15 2010, 1:21 am DeM)s. Post #7

I'll try it out. It's happening whenever I try to view the locations so it's worth a shot. Thanks man.
EDIT: Good news that seemed to fix the string and location causing crashes. However, now I can't open my map. Lol. Any suggestions?
Actually.. make that any and all maps.
Another EDIT: I can open maps but only if I use "Open With"
My heads starting to hurt now. :(

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Apr 15 2010, 1:46 am by DeM)s..

None.

Apr 15 2010, 1:59 am Lanthanide Post #8

Have you reverted to not using any compatibility settings? Try that.

Also, if you're running Win7/Vista, it is recommended you run in Windows ME compatibility mode, this has fixed a few issues that I and others have had: http://www.staredit.net/221139/

None.

Options
  Back to forum