Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: Starcraft: A New Age
Starcraft: A New Age
Oct 31 2007, 12:17 am
By: modmaster50
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Nov 10 2007, 7:01 am modmaster50 Post #21

People here are a lot nicer. Half of other peoples posts in my maplantis thread are flames. :(

None.

Nov 11 2007, 7:02 am Durandal Post #22

www.warboards.org has a nice community.

Funny enough, I actually find this to be a horribly hostile environment.

None.

Nov 11 2007, 9:02 am RoryFenrir Post #23

yea man, starcraft people, weather they are modders, mappers, players or terrainers are usually pretty angry. Its not very fun on B-net when you have slow dl and lag, everyone hates everyone. Its probably because most of us are computer nerds that dont have an espsially good social life and the only time we can let loose is on starcraft were no one cares and it doesnt matter what you say. (hey i do it too)
but then there are helpfullpeople too, which is nice.

(i know this is extremely off topic)

None.

Nov 11 2007, 8:35 pm modmaster50 Post #24

its off topic...roryfenrir, how should I send you the newest alpha version (pack 6). BWAI only supports 2.0 mb attachment and on SEN, I cant be sure that my message is even sent :><: .

EDIT: Up on megaupload. (roryfenrir, check ur maplantis PMs)

BETA Tester Req:
-dont distribute mod to other ppl
-dont modify mod
-help balance and find bugs

Post here if you want to join.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 11 2007, 9:12 pm by modmaster50.

None.

Nov 11 2007, 10:43 pm Durandal Post #25

Megaupload sucks donkey dicks.

Use www.mediafire.com.

Sign me up, I've got nothing better to do.

None.

Nov 12 2007, 4:09 am modmaster50 Post #26

Ok, when beta comes out, Ill send it. Currently, its still alpha. Megaupload does suck...wait 45 secs...

Current Mod Version: Alpha v6
Terran: 90%
Protoss: 60%
Zerg: 50%
AI: 45%
Subrace: 10%
Campaign: 0%

Limited BETA (testers only) will be released to signed up BETA testers when toss and zerg are done.
Current list:

-modmaster50 (me)
-RoryFenrir (working on mod project)
-Durandal (signed up tester)
-Deathman101 (a guy who helps find bugs like the spinning avenger)
-reverb102
-NobleXenon

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 14 2007, 1:53 am by modmaster50.

None.

Nov 19 2007, 8:19 pm modmaster50 Post #27

NEWS UPDATE! IMPORTANT!

PUBLIC BETA HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Download it below!

Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3RGQ4A67
Mediafire: Seems to be down or just loading at 1kb per year...
ModDB: awaiting authorization...

None.

Nov 20 2007, 10:54 pm NightKev Post #28

I would advise using http://savefile.com, there's none of that stupid wait stuff or anything there.

None.

Nov 21 2007, 5:07 am RoryFenrir Post #29

wow im kinda disapointed... well your on your own now, i guess if i want my units to actually be used like they should i should make my own mod.

Btw this crashes a ton.

None.

Nov 21 2007, 4:28 pm modmaster50 Post #30

Well, RoryFenrir, you said that you would be gone for 2 weeks, so I went on to the beta without you. I cant find a better GRP for the Ravager (it really doesnt fit in). Missle barrage, I feel is very =\ because it would be a duplicate. There is already a missile barrage for the Harbinger air attack. The blast was used =P . Known issues are as follows:

1. Avenger Spin Crash

-Avenger may spin and fly backwards. When that happens, the game may crash.

2. Delayed Crash

-With some units, a crash may occur at random times while you control these units. These units have this problem: Harbinger (fortress mode), Ion Cannon, Starbase, mmm...theres another one...

3. Minor Issues

-Forgot to check air flag on ravager air attack! doh!

As far as the download wait, the file is now available at ModDB and Maplantis. Future updates are as follows:

-More "shine" for the attacks (suggested by FlyingHat)
-Faction specific units???
-New Zerg building
-New Protoss building???
-Crash fixes (I hope)

Please report bugs not listed above. <Wtf! I cant disable smilies!>. Sorry about the missile barrage not being used... People, please report suggestions as well.

P.S. RoryFenrir, there are units of yours that are used like the Marauder (bomber), Vindicator (capital ship. If you really like the powerful beam, I could find a way to include it), Warcruiser (the blast was included, but due to ability slot usage, I cant find a way to include a different ground/air attack unless you like attacks that appear on target [useweapon]).

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 21 2007, 4:33 pm by modmaster50.

None.

Dec 29 2007, 7:53 am DahLollipop Post #31

sorry for this retarded question but, when i run it, it prompts me to open executable file. i open sc but it's just normal starcraft. there's no changes

None.

Dec 30 2007, 1:22 am RoryFenrir Post #32

its for an older version of sc, he hasnt made a version for the current patch cause the new FG just came out. You can either downgrade or wait till mod makes a new version.

To downgrade, you can use a downgraing program or you can just run ORAI (another kick ass mod)

None.

Dec 31 2007, 4:17 am modmaster50 Post #33

Thanks RoryFenrir, new version out though. New runs on v1.15.1!

Mirror 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?bsejxzjwclm
Mirror 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2O1K8MB3
Mirror 3: http://www.maplantis.org/index.php?mod=313

There! No need to downgrade!

None.

Jan 1 2008, 9:33 am LoveMeleemaps Post #34

wow that was alot of reading lol. and when i saw sub race at 10% i was like umm what?

None.

Jan 1 2008, 11:09 pm modmaster50 Post #35

Quote from LoveMeleemaps
wow that was alot of reading lol. and when i saw sub race at 10% i was like umm what?

Oh...I lol'd I forgot to edit that =\.

None.

Jan 2 2008, 11:28 pm RoryFenrir Post #36

how do you play the subrace?

None.

Jan 3 2008, 4:30 pm Riney Post #37

Thigh high affectionado

Is there a reason why this mod Divides by 0 when you upgrade Yamato Cannon? O_O

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jan 10 2008, 5:35 am modmaster50 Post #38

Quote from RoryFenrir
how do you play the subrace?

You dont...I originally wanted a subrace, but I axed it. Instead, each faction has its own unique campaign units.

As for the dividing by 0...I have no clue. I never had the problem and I dont intend to have the problem.

Be more specific. When exactly does it happen? What exactly happens? I didnt edit the Yamato Gun tech, so I dont have any possibilities for why it happened. Was it a coincidence with something else? Did something else cause a crash as you were researching Yamato Gun?

Wait...You said Yamato Cannon...Did you mean Yamato Gun or did you mean the Ion Cannon addon for CC? The above answer is based on Yamato Gun.

None.

Jan 16 2008, 6:44 pm Riney Post #39

Thigh high affectionado

When ever I upgraded the Yamato research for mah BCs when I was playin with my bro (Also Terrans), a strange as hell error pops up and says "Error: Divided by 0"

I knew it, StarCraft is a 4channer.

Other than that this mod is sweet, if it just didnt crash every time I fully teched before attacking my bro. >:(

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Jan 17 2008, 12:48 am modmaster50 Post #40

"Error: Divided by 0"!? Never heard of that error before. Anyways, Ill take a look. Also, it looks lke you'll have to downgrade now...1.15.2 is latest :><:

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum