Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Q on my [map terrain]
Q on my [map terrain]
Feb 22 2010, 12:03 am
By: PoisonHunter  

Feb 22 2010, 12:03 am PoisonHunter Post #1

Hey all, I have a question about which one out of the three pictures I have posted you would prefer for my UMS map.

But before you make a judgement, I should provide some background information on the objectives of my map.

The summary of the map deals with 2 teams with 2 people on each one, acting together cooperatively to destroy the other team without dying themselves. The setting of my map has lots of Line of Sight blockers, and I am also thinking of making each team not have allied vision so as to force communication and cooperation between each teammate. I am wanting this map to be a tactical one, with players having to make strategic decisions as to where to place themselves, their equipment (i.e spider mines) and when to use their character specialties.

One thing I want to note is that I might place a powerup of the sort in or around the middle (or maybe randomly around the map) to add risk/reward.

Here are the pictures.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 22 2010, 12:31 am by PoisonHunter.

None.

Feb 22 2010, 12:07 am TiKels Post #2

Elaborate. Is this like a AoS? And what is LoS?

In any case, id probably go with first or second.

Edit: Actually, if you make the bonus in the middle, you might wanna go with the third because players would fight for the bonuses, and fight for the "bonus territory" so that they can farm bonuses, adding another element to the game.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 22 2010, 12:19 am by TiKels.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Feb 22 2010, 12:18 am JaFF Post #3

For the second and third pieces, you can improve their looks as shown here.

None.

Feb 22 2010, 12:30 am PoisonHunter Post #4

Elaborate. Is this like a AoS? And what is LoS?

In any case, id probably go with first or second.

Edit: Actually, if you make the bonus in the middle, you might wanna go with the third because players would fight for the bonuses, and fight for the "bonus territory" so that they can farm bonuses, adding another element to the game.
This post was edited 1 time, last edit by TiKels: 6 minutes ago.

You could say it's bordering an AoS, but it doesn't have leveling up or a ton of unique spells. My idea is that each person can choose either a marine or a ghost, and each unit has a few abilities unique to them (which are cast by building units from a gateway).

Sorry about the abbreviation. For clarity, LoS is short for Line of Sight.

Quote from JaFF
For the second and third pieces, you can improve their looks as shown here.

Wow, thanks man. Those ramps look way better than mine (I'm pretty new to creating custom ramps).

None.

Feb 22 2010, 12:40 am TiKels Post #5

Alright. Thanks... i was like (i think it means field of vision but... how the hell do you get that out of LoS...)

Anyway... good luck!

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Options
  Back to forum