Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: compressing maps
compressing maps
Feb 15 2010, 7:34 pm
By: bobo  

Feb 15 2010, 7:34 pm bobo Post #1

i thought id jus share but i was compresing my map which is 168kb's with tinymap and it turned it into 120kb's, after that i used unused protector2 which made it 136kb's then re-compressed it with tinymap which it became 105kb's which i found kinda cool , the only thing tho is that inverted locations were deleted and as far as i cud tell there was no further coruption including all the custom sounds i put in, has anyone else done something similar and faced massive corruption?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 15 2010, 8:27 pm by bobo.

None.

Feb 15 2010, 8:47 pm rockz Post #2

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

This isn't really a question...

In any case, that's somewhat interesting. Tinymap2 will be out whenever Farty finishes it (should be soon), which offers some serious compression/protection. You should test to see which process removed the inverted locations.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Feb 15 2010, 9:05 pm bobo Post #3

oh my bad i didnt know where else to put it ><
it seems the inverted locations were removed after i unprotected the protected map (tinymap) once.

None.

Feb 16 2010, 3:18 am Heinermann Post #4

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

That must be the fault of the unprotector then, assuming your map still worked after compressed.

Feb 16 2010, 6:40 am bobo Post #5

As far as i can tell everything is working perfectly, and i have lots of triggers n such. So yeah the unprotector for some reason deletes inverted locations so what i did was jus re-make them b4 re-compressing and the mapped work'd jus fine, Original Size was 168kb's, compressed that into 120kb's, unprotected into 136kb's b4 i remade all the inverted locations, and that compressed to 105kb's, id be interested to see if other ppl have simliar results.

None.

Feb 16 2010, 7:07 am Falkoner Post #6

How odd, I wonder what Unused Unprotector took out that TinyMap left in the first time, since there's no way an extra 20 kb was just from inverted locations..

Anyways, TinyMap2 should beat that compression rate easily and leave your inverted locations. The changes in compression even help reduce the amount of space each trigger takes up, it should be very impressive.

None.

Feb 17 2010, 7:14 am bobo Post #7

man, i cant wait till tinymap2 then ^^

None.

Options
  Back to forum