Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: 2 HOUR MAP MAKING CONTEST
2 HOUR MAP MAKING CONTEST
Feb 14 2010, 8:24 pm
By: Kaias  

Feb 15 2010, 5:09 am qPirateKing Post #21

I went about an hour over the limit, but here's mine.
Warning: It's not fun at all.

Attachments:
[z.scx
Hits: 6 Size: 62.66kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 15 2010, 5:31 am by qPirateKing.

None.

Feb 15 2010, 5:11 am BlueWolf Post #22

D: I should have logged on earlier today! Please host more of these. Weekends only though.

None.

Feb 15 2010, 5:15 am Echo Post #23

Few bugs that I didn't care to fix

YEAH BOI!!

Attachments:
Pew Pew.scx
Hits: 5 Size: 41.44kb

None.

Feb 15 2010, 5:21 am TiKels Post #24

I finished mine (What? I finished a map? This is actually my first movie, and my first non concept map to be ever finished)
I planned on adding more things into excalibur's room (like dungeons and dragons sets, HoN, nerd paraphernalia) but i didnt get a chance to. Went 30 minutes above the time limit, and another like 10-30 minutes in fixing a bug that stopped the ending from playing.

The text is fast so you have to make sure to READ QUICKLY. I didn't have time to fix the fast speed. Play UMS on Fastest. If there is any lag it'll ruin the humor, because a lot of it is lulzy fast paced humor... which requires fast display texts.
Edit: P1 Is required.

Attachments:
SexcalibearSmall.scx
Hits: 7 Size: 12.95kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 15 2010, 6:10 am by TiKels.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Feb 15 2010, 5:25 am lil-Inferno Post #25

Just here for the pie

The damn time limit prevented me from finishing this on time. The idea was to combine PvP and PvE, the PvE part being series of objectives (there was going to be 8) that would be played out in a random order (and they could appear at one of four fixed points) until all of them were completed, in which case the cycle would start over again. Completing a small objective would net you $250, whereas completing a larger one would net $500, and killing a player would earn you $100. Whichever team had the most money by the end won. There is traffic with cars that you can steal, although the pathing AI screws this up a lot. I never really paid much attention to aesthetics (cars can attack, don't have many uses, etc.) but other than that it turned out good, although only two objectives were triggered because I got to that part right at the deadline, and the two of them seem to only appear at one designated fixed point each. There are 3 weapons - your standard pistol, an SMG, and a shotgun. I would say enjoy, but I don't think you could enjoy something so incomplete.

[attach=5889]

Attachments:
Mafia Work.scx
Hits: 4 Size: 59.02kb

Feb 15 2010, 5:34 am Vrael Post #26

http://cid-681c2250300dd052.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Gateway%20Destroyers.scx

My SCMDraft crashed so I gave myself an extra hour or so to make up for that.

Umm, only first level works, shop doesn't even exist yet, extra weapons don't work, but... should be able to play first level :D

6-player map.

None.

Feb 15 2010, 5:36 am TiKels Post #27

Someone HAS to wanna watch my movie making fun of excalibur. C'mon. You know you want to ;o.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Feb 15 2010, 6:32 am Neki Post #28

Zany wanted me to post this here apparently. I was working on a map, but I didn't have time to get anything significant done, and I didn't want to go over the time limit.
http://www.staredit.net/files/1922/

None.

Feb 15 2010, 7:06 am TiKels Post #29

I think the purpose of the 2hmmc's is not to be competitive and make the best map in 2 hours, but to lure people into thinking that, and then tell them that it's alright that they went over the time limit, and to just finish their map.

This works; I finished my map.

Finish your map swift, or God will hate you.

-NudeRaider

Feb 15 2010, 8:33 am Kenoli Post #30

I think the purpose of the 2hmmc's is not to be competitive and make the best map in 2 hours
Ohhhh yes it is.

Attachments:
Underworld.scx
Hits: 9 Size: 104.6kb

None.

Feb 15 2010, 9:52 am EzTerix Post #31

My movie map was broken beyond repair so I'm not even going to bother posting unless you want to see me fail using AI scripts and watch units randomly run into walls and dance erratically while the violent killer watches like "WTF??"

None.

Feb 15 2010, 10:30 am JaFF Post #32

Could you please host the next one at least a few hours earlier so that people from europe can participate? :P

I actually have a quick idea for a map.

Anyway, I'll check out some of these maps. Let's see whacha got.

None.

Feb 15 2010, 12:29 pm LoveLess Post #33

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

I definitely suggest this is re-occur on Sunday at an earlier time, for people like me who can't make that time period, you know, being in the military. That or some time on a Saturday.

None.

Feb 15 2010, 2:59 pm lil-Inferno Post #34

Just here for the pie

It should be a bi-weekly, tri-weekly, or monthly sort of thing. It was fun yesterday, and I'd much rather have them on a Saturday because of school being on Mondays during normal weekends.

Feb 15 2010, 3:06 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #35

Just here for the activity... well not really

Quote from Kenoli
I think the purpose of the 2hmmc's is not to be competitive and make the best map in 2 hours
Ohhhh yes it is.
Kenoli wins.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Feb 15 2010, 4:38 pm stickynote Post #36

It could be an event that occurs every two weeks, and we could also have a contest that lasts one week. Two hour contests would only produce minigames or simple(but still fun) maps. Week contests could produce better and finished maps, and procrstination woupd be reduced because its nit that much time. If not a week, then two days, one day to make second day to debug.

None.

Feb 15 2010, 4:43 pm TiKels Post #37

Quote from stickynote
It could be an event that occurs every two weeks, and we could also have a contest that lasts one week. Two hour contests would only produce minigames or simple(but still fun) maps. Week contests could produce better and finished maps, and procrstination woupd be reduced because its nit that much time. If not a week, then two days, one day to make second day to debug.
It doesn't sound like anyone is fighting "No! 2HMMC's Should Not Be A (Prefix)-Weekly Contest" so we just have to find someone attractive and well liked enough to host one. :awesome:

-NudeRaider

Feb 15 2010, 10:14 pm Decency Post #38

I definitely would have tried this, wish I had been there.

Give a bit more heads up next time, maybe?

I think you should also have the rule that any maps which the creator doesn't intend to continue work on should be available to take and work on. When people actually do spur of the moment work a lot of fun things can be come up with.

None.

Feb 15 2010, 10:18 pm Derqua Post #39

Quote from stickynote
This would be perfect. People who aren't in the same time zone as whoever starts it would get a chance to make a map.

None.

Feb 15 2010, 11:23 pm payne Post #40

:payne:

http://www.staredit.net/topic/9990/
Have fun discussing.

None.

Options
  Back to forum