Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Time to plan a SC2 AoS
Time to plan a SC2 AoS
Feb 12 2010, 4:09 am
By: fat_flying_pigs
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Polls

Apr 2 2010, 1:17 am Black Knight Post #41

I'd really like to see a AoS that would top DoTA especially someone is going to pull an HoN (DoTA clone) on SC2...

None.

Apr 2 2010, 2:47 am OlimarandLouie Post #42

I'm sure it can be done with enough time and effort, given that the original DotA creators said they would not make an SCII version (as far as I know)
Just as soon as we get our hands on the official editor :Greedy: (Insert greed smiley between colons)

None.

Apr 2 2010, 7:45 pm fat_flying_pigs Post #43

I'm going to start posting hero ideas. Please comment, add to, modify to my ideas, your feedback is invaluable. Or, create your own hero. Code box at the bottom.

Quote from }Hero Name: Corrupted One
Quote from }Race:TerranProtoss
Radiation damage -> T
Corruption damage -> P

This guy is a Terran-Protoss hybrid. The powers of a ghost, and a high templar fused into one powerful hero. He has a short ranged attack that corrupts and radiates his foes. His attacks are very strong, however, too strong for his own good. Every attack deals the Corrupted One some damage; also, as time passes, the Corrupted One takes damage. Luckily, he has a lot of life, high amount of energy with a flury of R&C spells.
Notes: Radiation/Corruption damage is an independent damage type depending on the unit that gets damaged. For weaker units, maybe 4 counters will kill it. Radiation damage does not affect mechanical units. R&C counters are shared (1 radiation and 3 corruption will kill the above unit).
Quote from } Attacks, Spells, and Abilities
Attacks:
1) Corrupt: Does minimal damage, and 1 corruption damage.
2) Radiate: (Passive) Adds radiation effect to attacks.
Spells:
1) Disperse Corruption: Adds corr counters to *all* units around the Corrupted One, including the Corrupted One
2) Immolate: (Activated)(Maintained)Adds corr counters to units touching the Corrupted One very rapidly.
3) Psi Bullet: Deals damage to enemy unit equivalent to the # corr counters * 65
4) Full corruption: (Activated)Lasts for 8,11,14,19 seconds. Doubles the number of corr counters the Corrupted One TAKES, and increases his attack to 3x corr counters per shot. It is possible for the Corrupted One to kill him self in this state. If he dies from corr counters, his death will immediately double the corr counters of ALL units around him.
Abilities:
Morale (Terran): Perma boost to all allied units everywhere, as long as this hero is alive (not waiting to respawn).
Morale (Protoss):
Courage (Radiation): Temporary boost to morale to near by allied units that have the attribute in the (brackets).
Courage (Corruption):
Fear (% Organic): The more organic a unit is, the more afraid they become.

Code For The Above

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 15 2010, 5:02 pm by fat_flying_pigs.

None.

Apr 3 2010, 5:47 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #44

Just here for the activity... well not really

Um, would you like to see how SC2's units are stored?

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Apr 3 2010, 7:23 pm fat_flying_pigs Post #45

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
Um, would you like to see how SC2's units are stored?
Sure, that would help greatly.

None.

Apr 4 2010, 2:42 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #46

Just here for the activity... well not really

It's written in xml, and to me it's very simple.
Here are some stats, using the SCV as a model, that will be useful to know in AoSes. If you don't know what something is, I probably don't either.
Code
   <CUnit id="SCV">
       <LifeStart value="60"/>
       <LifeMax value="60"/>
       <LifeArmorName value="Unit/LifeArmorName/TerranInfantryArmor"/>
       <Speed value="2.8125"/>
       <Acceleration value="2.5"/>
       <LateralAcceleration value="46"/>
       <RepairTime value="16.667"/>
       <KillXP value="10"/>
       <Radius value="0.375"/>
       <SeparationRadius value="0.375"/>
       <InnerRadius value="0.375"/>
       <ScoreMake value="50"/>
       <ScoreKill value="100"/>
       <FlagArray index="Worker" value="1"/>
       <FlagArray index="PreventDestroy" value="1"/>
       <FlagArray index="UseLineOfSight" value="1"/>
       <PlaneArray index="Ground" value="1"/>
       <Collide index="Ground" value="1"/>
       <Sight value="8"/>

Here's where it gets fun: Custom abilities.
Code
       <AbilArray Link="stop"/>
       <AbilArray Link="attack"/>
       <AbilArray Link="move"/>
       <AbilArray Link="Repair"/>
       <AbilArray Link="SCVHarvest"/>
       <AbilArray Link="TerranBuild"/>
       <CardLayouts>
           <LayoutButtons Face="Move" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="move,Move" Row="0" Column="0"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="Stop" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="stop,Stop" Row="0" Column="1"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="MoveHoldPosition" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="move,HoldPos" Row="0" Column="2"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="Attack" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="attack,Execute" Row="0" Column="4"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="MovePatrol" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="move,Patrol" Row="0" Column="3"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="Repair" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="Repair,Execute" Row="1" Column="0"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="GatherTerr" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="SCVHarvest,Gather" Row="1" Column="1"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="ReturnCargo" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="SCVHarvest,Return" Row="1" Column="2"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="TerranBuild" Type="Submenu" SubmenuCardId="TBl1" Row="2" Column="0"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="TerranBuildAdvanced" Type="Submenu" SubmenuCardId="TBl2" Row="2" Column="1"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="Cancel" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="TerranBuild,Halt" Row="2" Column="4"/>
       </CardLayouts>
       <CardLayouts CardId="TBl1">
           <LayoutButtons Face="CommandCenter" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="TerranBuild,Build1" Row="0" Column="0"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="SupplyDepot" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="TerranBuild,Build2" Row="0" Column="1"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="Refinery" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="TerranBuild,Build3" Row="0" Column="2"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="Barracks" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="TerranBuild,Build4" Row="1" Column="0"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="EngineeringBay" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="TerranBuild,Build5" Row="1" Column="1"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="MissileTurret" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="TerranBuild,Build6" Row="2" Column="1"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="Bunker" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="TerranBuild,Build7" Row="2" Column="0"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="Cancel" Type="CancelSubmenu" Row="2" Column="4"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="SensorTower" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="TerranBuild,Build9" Row="2" Column="2"/>
       </CardLayouts>
       <CardLayouts CardId="TBl2">
           <LayoutButtons Face="Factory" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="TerranBuild,Build11" Row="1" Column="0"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="Starport" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="TerranBuild,Build12" Row="2" Column="0"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="Armory" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="TerranBuild,Build14" Row="1" Column="1"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="Cancel" Type="CancelSubmenu" AbilCmd="TerranBuild,Build14" Row="2" Column="4"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="FusionCore" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="TerranBuild,Build16" Row="2" Column="1"/>
           <LayoutButtons AbilCmd="TerranBuild,Build16" Row="1" Column="2"/>
           <LayoutButtons Face="GhostAcademy" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="TerranBuild,Build10" Row="0" Column="0"/>
       </CardLayouts>

And some attributes of units.
Code
       <Attributes index="Light" value="1"/>
       <Attributes index="Biological" value="1"/>
       <Attributes index="Mechanical" value="1"/>
       <StationaryTurningRate value="999.8437"/>
       <TurningRate value="999.8437"/>
       <WeaponArray Link="SCV"/>

Unfortunately, abilities and attacks are stored somewhere else.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Apr 4 2010, 10:09 am fat_flying_pigs Post #47

Confusing, but thanks.
Will I be able to make a unit have 2 sets of hp's (for corruption damage), or can I make status effects have numeric values that add up (ie: casting blind lower unit vision, casting it again gives the unit blind level 2, further decreasing vision)? If so, then my entire system will work. If not, then a lot of annoying VHP triggering will have to be done.

None.

Apr 14 2010, 5:18 pm fat_flying_pigs Post #48

More Heroes!!! I didn't have my written hero list last week (spring break).

Quote from }Hero Name: Bolloisk
Quote from }Race:ProtossZerg
Shields -> P
Poison damage -> Z

This guy looks like a lizard/dragon. He is a fast PZ hybrid with medium shield regen (always) and high evasion. He’s slower than the average zergling, but far stronger. He does all damage in poison, and has an fast exp rate. Can provide poison weapon damage for allies as well as courage boost for poison users. He is quite weak early game, but can pack a punch in the late game. He is very effective at hit n run, as poison damage can kill his opponents long after he is gone. His build is more fitting for killing units, rather than buildings, as many buildings are not organic.
Attacks:
Envenomed Claws: Does normal damage, and a small amount of poison damage.
Venomous Glands: (Passive) Adds additional poison damage to the normal attack as well as great immunity to poison damage.
Putrid Silva: (Passive) An alternate attack that does 100% poison damage; the overall damage is less than the claws.
Spells:
Slash: Does 2 slashes, doing 2X 140% the damage of Putrid Silva.
Charge: Slows the Bollisk for 1 second, then moves at 400% speed to the nearest enemy. He gains a 200% attack rate over the next 4 seconds, which slowly decays to 100%.
Poison trap: Poisons targeted corpse. Any unit that eats (or steps on..?) the corpse will take poison damage. (can this even be done..?)
Inflict: Gives attacks a paralysing poison for 1.5 seconds. Units that are hit will remained paralysed for 4 seconds.
Chemical concentration: Injects very potent posion into the bolloisk that changes his poison into a more potent venom. The venom does more damage, and damage is done very quickly (20x faster than poison). Units delt venom damage will have all poison counters on them turned into venom counters.
Abilities:
Morale (Poison): Perma courage boost to all allied poison users
Courage (Protoss): Temporary stat boost to nearby allied protoss units
Courage (Zerg): Temporary stat boost to nearby allied zerg units
Fear (Terran): Temporary stat reduction to nearby enemy terran units

Quote from }Hero Name: Marrowfurl
Quote from }Race:TerranZerg
Healing -> T
Poison damage -> Z

A very support built hero – specifically for organic units. His abilities only affect organic units, and units only gain the bonus depending on their % organic (ie: a unit that is 56% organic, will only receive 56% of the bonus). He has spells that provide accuracy and attack boosts for heroes (attack boost only affects organic weapons). He can also provide rapid hp regen for allied heroes, neutral units, and organic buildings. He must be adjacent to the unit to heal it.
Attacks:
Heal: Heals 2 hp per second. Grants .1 exp.
MediGun: Shoots needles at his opponents (lol TF2) doing moderate damage.
Spells:
Heal: Heals 5 hp per second for 3 mana
Concussion Shot: Deals 100 damage * the % organic of the unit
Rapid Healing: Heals 12 hp per second for 5 mana
Posion Shot: Deals 200 damage in poison damage.
(Passive) Deals 500 poison damage * the % organic of the unit to all units around upon death. Gives massive healing to nearby allied organic units. Overall, allied organic units will gain 20% *500 * % organic
Abilities:
Morale (Terran):
Morale (Zerg):
Courage (Perma Aura):
Courage (Temp Boost):
Fear (Poison): 50%
Fear (Decay):

Quote from }Hero Name: Bolchu
Energy/Electricity -> T
Psionic Dominance -> Z

Summoner unit (can create units using energy. Control them with psionic dominance) with low energy max, but a fast energy regen rate. His spells are limited by his mana max, rather than his level or # of spells. Getting items to boost max mp will help. All summons and the Bolchu have high elemental armor. The Bolchu starts at a higher initial level. High level summons have multiple weapons; they are mainly ranged units. He is a medium sized unit with a fairly fast movement speed, low life, low-medium attack.
Attacks:
Shock Rifle: Shoots a normal damage rifle. In addition to damage, the rifle stuns for .05 seconds every shot.
Paralyzing Shot: Uses a highly conductive bullet that is filled with electricity; does 0 damage, but stuns for 2 seconds.
Bolt: Ranged splash attack that does low damage. Halts mana regen while active weapon.
Spells:
Summon I: 1 weapon summon with normal damage, low life, no armor.
Summon II: 2 weapon summon with normal damage, very low life, very high armor.
Summon III: 2 weapon summon with splash damage, medium life, light armor.
Summon IV: 1 weapon summon with far range, slow movement, high damage vs non-organic units, high life, medium armor.
(All summons can level up. Summon 4 can level up and gain a siege mode of sorts).
Abilities:
Morale (Terran):
Morale (Zerg):
Morale (Initial Level):
Courage (Unit Size):
Courage (Psionic Dominance):
Fear (Unit Size):
Fear (Mech):

Quote from }Hero Name: The Survivalist
Quote from }Race:Terran
Radiation damage -> T

This guy starts at a high initial level. He has fast hp regen and medium evasion, good attack accuracy, and all attacks do decay damage. Think ghost/survivalist type hero. He works well alone, and is very effective as a hidden sniper, although his gun does have a maximum range. When discovered, he can simply run to cover, and wait it out instead of going all the way back to the heal. His physical damage is low, but enough to land the killing blow.
Attacks:
MZT28 Tactical Rifle: Does either 1 or 3 burst shots, has a good range and accuracy.
Cobalt Combat Knife: Melee attack that does radiation damage.
Iridium Impact Bullets: Adds radioactive damage to bullets as well as additional damage. Costs money to buy each bullet, and bullets must be purchased at a shop.
Spells:
Sniping: (Passive) Aura for The Survivalist only. Gives improved damage and range.
Taint: Melee attack that only affects organic buildings; does 4x the damage of Cobalt Combat Knife (over time, with radiation).
Close Combat: Throws grenades close by. The blast does major damage, and can The Survivalist if thrown too close. The range of the grenades is limited by the number thrown (weight of grenades).
Lace bullets: Use the corpse of a corruption or poison unit to add a corruption effect to his bullets. Lacing a bullet with all 4 (decay, radiation, poison, corruption) will do 2.5x of each effect to the target.
Abilities:
Morale (Terran):
Morale (Initial Level):
Courage (Radiation):
Fear (% Organic):

Quote from }Hero Name: Infested Goliath
Radiation damage -> T
Healing -> T
Corruption damage -> P
Shields -> P
Poison damage -> Z
Psionic Dominance -> Z

This was a goliath that was infested by the Zerg. Its weapons are all physical with no added effects. However, he has a very fast hp regen at night time, but no regen at day. He has 2 guns, and 1 missile pack. He has 2 build paths: T or Z. The Terran part will add more weapons, greater damage, splash, and range. The Zerg will add poison damage, even faster regen at night, and regen at day, and a melee attack. When one path has been entirely maxed out, he can begin the second path.
Attacks:
Twin Guns: Same as the goliath attack.
Dual Missile Pack: 1 missile pack that shoots 2 missiles. Can fire while the Twin Guns are in use, but must be done manually.
Venomous Glands: (Passive) A poison gland is developed inside the Infested Goliath, and both his guns gain a poison effect.
Auto Turret: (Passive) A third gun is added; this gun cannot be controlled, and attacks the closet unit.
Twin Cannons: (Passive) Replaces the Twin Guns; higher damage than the Twin Guns, and has splash.
Charge Cannon: Once Twin Cannons are acquired, they can combine to become a ranged cannon similar to siege mode. This cannot be upgraded if Claw Blades is upgraded.
Claw Blades: (Passive) Adds 2 blades on his Twin Guns/Cannons (1 on each). Guns can still fire when attacking melee. This cannot be upgraded if the Charge Cannon is upgraded.
Spells:
Increased Metabolism: (Passive) Increased hp regen.
Nocturnal: (Passive) Increased sight and hp regen during the night.
Charge: If Charge Cannon is upgraded, the Infested Goliath can stop moving, and charge up his cannons. This way it can shoot immediately without the need to charge. –ChargeTime/Level
Abilities:
Morale (Terran):
Morale (Zerg):
Courage (Poison):
Courage (Unit Size):
Courage (Temp Boost):
Fear (Poison):
Fear (Unit Size):

Quote from }Hero Name: Exiled Holing
Radiation damage -> T
Multiple Weapons -> T
Psionic Dominance -> Z

Radioactive (radiation damage per hit) summoner (psi dom) with high mana max, medium mana regen. Each summon does radiation damage. The hero and summons are organic and have high hp. They all constantly take damage and do normal damage. The Exiled Aggravation starts at a medium initial level. All the summons can level up and gain multiple weapons.
Attacks:
Bash: Melee attack that does both physical and minor radiation damage.
Charge: Melee attack that does more physical, but less radiation damage than Bash.
Spells:
Summon I: Summons a low level unit.
Summon II: Summons a medium level unit.
Abilities:
Morale (Terran):
Morale (Zerg):
Morale (Initial Level):
Courage (Radiation):
Courage (Psionic Dominance):
Fear (% Organic):

Can someone please answer my questions in the above post.

None.

Apr 15 2010, 12:14 am Jack Post #49

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from fat_flying_pigs
Confusing, but thanks.
Will I be able to make a unit have 2 sets of hp's (for corruption damage), or can I make status effects have numeric values that add up (ie: casting blind lower unit vision, casting it again gives the unit blind level 2, further decreasing vision)? If so, then my entire system will work. If not, then a lot of annoying VHP triggering will have to be done.
Not sure about number 1, although you can have multiple stats and vHP would be so simple compared to SC1. You'd be able to have a variable for individual units and have HP and such affect what the variable is, so it wouldn't be annoying to code vHP.

I'm pretty sure number 2 is do-able.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 15 2010, 4:08 pm Ashamed Post #50

Hear me Raor!!

I am pretty sure the team making dota now... Is going to do it again for starctaft.
They already have a huge team, and get what to do 100 percent.

All I have to say is good luck with beating a map that made it to cal! :)
and trying to... beat the guys that made the best map ever!... There was even a game made out of this map!

and I have not read anywhere that says starctaft 2 will have fps in it ^^... IF there is an article i would very much like to see it.
I do know they did say you will be able to do TPS!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 16 2010, 12:29 pm by Ashamed.

None.

Apr 16 2010, 4:18 pm fat_flying_pigs Post #51

Quote from Ashamed
I am pretty sure the team making dota now... Is going to do it again for starctaft.
They already have a huge team, and get what to do 100 percent.

All I have to say is good luck with beating a map that made it to cal! :)
and trying to... beat the guys that made the best map ever!... There was even a game made out of this map!

and I have not read anywhere that says starctaft 2 will have fps in it ^^... IF there is an article i would very much like to see it.
I do know they did say you will be able to do TPS!
Strange.. I thought I replied to this post...

From the rumors I've hear, Dota makers (Like LeapFrog) are not making dota for SC2. (My guess is because of HoN and LoL).
Dota isn't the best map, just the most unique map of its time; this map will be the new unique map.

This game is going to be TPS since FPS with melee units is awkward for most people.

On a side note, I'm still looking for help on this project.

None.

Apr 20 2010, 3:07 am Dungeon-Master Post #52

3 Things, first, good idea, i will not take part in it because I don't think I got eenough skill, but might supply with some ideas.
Second, I like the high-ranked heroes ordering the others around it's a good idea.
Third, Radioactivity deteriorates molecules, being organic or not. Yes it causes cancer and other biological diseases on orcanig beings, but I am pretty sure it would f*ck up a tank's integrity, so maybe could you make radioactivity 50% or so less effective against mechanical units.

None.

Apr 20 2010, 5:01 am ShredderIV Post #53

I really like the fact that you steered away from the FPS type, but even a TPS i don't believe will work very well.

It would be so hard to make certain kinds of heroes, and I feel like it would be too much of a skill based game than a strategy based game. Instead of communicating with allies about where opponents are and having map awareness and everything, the game will be based around who can aim their spells and react to enemies fastest. It will also limit your spell choices. Simple AOE stun spells will be so much weaker, since you effectively lose 50% of your vision area.

Also, you completley lose the ability to have summoner type heroes, since they either become OP or UP.
Third, Radioactivity deteriorates molecules, being organic or not. Yes it causes cancer and other biological diseases on orcanig beings, but I am pretty sure it would f*ck up a tank's integrity, so maybe could you make radioactivity 50% or so less effective against mechanical unit
Actually, radioactivity only does damage to biological things because of the energy it carries with it. Heard of a neutron bomb? It's a bomb that releases enough radioactivity to vaporize biological materials and yet leaves buildings intact.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Apr 20 2010, 5:11 am by ShredderIV.

None.

Apr 20 2010, 8:44 pm Dungeon-Master Post #54

Quote from ShredderIV
Third, Radioactivity deteriorates molecules, being organic or not. Yes it causes cancer and other biological diseases on orcanig beings, but I am pretty sure it would f*ck up a tank's integrity, so maybe could you make radioactivity 50% or so less effective against mechanical unit
Actually, radioactivity only does damage to biological things because of the energy it carries with it. Heard of a neutron bomb? It's a bomb that releases enough radioactivity to vaporize biological materials and yet leaves buildings intact.
Oh sorry then, I thought the other way.

None.

Apr 21 2010, 8:09 pm fat_flying_pigs Post #55

Ok, I've updated the first post. The first map that will be made will be a normal AoS.

I need hero ideas. I've come up with a few of em, although not all of em are good. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST HERO IDEAS!!!

People who said they would make custom units, please get started on some of heroes listed below. The overall graphics is your decision.

We still need a terrainer.

Hero List:::
The Survivalist

Mech

µTerra-tron

Dark Archon

Corrupted One

The Farmer

The Hero Format I Used

None.

Apr 21 2010, 8:09 pm fat_flying_pigs Post #56

Bolloisk

Marrowfurl

Bolchu

Infested Goliath

Exiled Infestation

Ninja

I HATE THE QUOTE LIMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

None.

Apr 21 2010, 10:46 pm Lt.Church Post #57

btw galaxy editor apparently being released next beta patch... so get ready folks

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 22 2010, 3:24 am by Lt.Church.

None.

Apr 23 2010, 2:04 am OlimarandLouie Post #58

Sweet. If only I had the beta...

None.

Apr 23 2010, 4:38 pm fat_flying_pigs Post #59

Quote from OlimarandLouie
Sweet. If only I had the beta...
>< Go torrent the beta, then use it. The editor works off line I think...

In the mean time, I'm getting a better laptop to run the SC2 editor, so I'll probably begin working on the map this Saturday.

None.

Apr 23 2010, 9:33 pm OlimarandLouie Post #60

I have torrented it. Now I am waiting for the patch to download as I type. ^^

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum