Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Evolution of Starcraft article
Evolution of Starcraft article
Feb 3 2010, 9:15 am
By: Jack  

Feb 3 2010, 9:15 am Jack Post #1

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I found this pretty interesting, you may have seen it before, but it's pretty cool. Basically a history of SC while it was being made.

http://sclegacy.com/community/34-general/270-starcraft-evolution

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Feb 3 2010, 5:29 pm samsizzle Post #2

Wow this is amazing, in some of the alphas and betas you could place ruins on dirt and you could stack low dirt cliffs on top of low dirt, and the snow tileset looked way better.

None.

Feb 3 2010, 8:02 pm ImagoDeo Post #3

What the heck is that on the desert terrain - rocks sticking up through gas? I guess that was before they went back to tar.

It's interesting to see that they had Valkyries and Desert before BW. Cookies that were saved for later, apparently.

Some of this old stuff can be found with programs like Datedit; in particular, I remember finding an icon for the afterburner that someone forgot to delete or something.

None.

Feb 7 2010, 7:38 am Apos Post #4

I order you to forgive yourself!

The dropship used to land to pick up unit, I thought that was funny.
Firebats used to be able to burn trees!

Compare that to starcraft 2...

Feb 7 2010, 1:18 pm Gigins Post #5

You're from moon or something guys? This is so old. I was inspired from this link a few years ago and found an actual SC beta version in some old Russian SC page. It was a good find for modders and stuff. Then a few months later few bastards took all the credit for finding the beta. It's not that bad though because they made a B.net server where people can actually play the beta. So yea, this soooo old.

None.

Feb 7 2010, 2:22 pm Vi3t-X Post #6

Not only that, but I believe there were a few members on SEN that had the StarCraft Beta CDs. Not exactly sure who they are though.

None.

Options
  Back to forum