Staredit Network > Forums > Technology & Computers > Topic: Computer specs
Computer specs
Dec 27 2009, 11:37 pm
By: poison_us  

Dec 30 2009, 4:58 pm rockz Post #21

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from OlimarandLouie
I am going to explain my computer specs to the best of my ability... \:rip\: Stupid computer.
cpuz will tell you the mainboard, cpu, ram, and graphics. gpuz will tell you detailed graphics. dxdiag will tell you a little bit about everything. devmgmt.msc will tell you what drivers you have installed, which can usually tell you what your hardware is, especially figuring out your hard drive. cpuz and gpuz must be downloaded. dxdiag and devmgmt.msc are both preinstalled on windows and you can just run them (start>run>dxdiag).
Quote from Excalibur
Thats up for debate.

8GB wouldn't be triple channel which is specifically why you buy an i7 platform. The 4670 isn't shit but its no powerhouse either. \:P
they need to start making oct channel. That would be nearly 3x as fast as triple channel.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Dec 30 2009, 5:40 pm Excalibur Post #22

The sword and the faith

Doesn't that require DDR4 rockz? Or are the motherboards just not up to spec yet?

Anyway, I ordered my X58, Ill be purchasing my 920 and 3x2GB DDR3 1600 kit soon as well.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Dec 30 2009, 9:31 pm dumbducky Post #23

Quote from Excalibur
Quote from Symmetry
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
RAM: 8GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4670
Harddrive: 1TB

Yay for not having a shitty computer.
Thats up for debate.

8GB wouldn't be triple channel which is specifically why you buy an i7 platform. The 4670 isn't shit but its no powerhouse either. :P
You think it's debatable that his computer is shitty? It's by no means a super computer but it's far from shitty.

tits

Dec 31 2009, 3:52 am Centreri Post #24

Relatively ancient and inactive

2.5 ghz intel quad core
6 gigs DDR3 RAM
8800GT Graphics Card
500 gig HDD 7200RPM
Windows Vista Home Premium

It's okay. <_<. Plays anything I need it to.

None.

Dec 31 2009, 4:55 am ShredderIV Post #25

Ex, im surprised you have sp3 running... last time i checked up on it, it decreased performance by a lot on the computers it was run on...

Me
running OSX snow leopard
2.53 ghz dual core
4 gigs DDR3 RAM
Geforce 9400M
250 gig HDD

Works for me... also need a mac as my campus only uses macs.

None.

Dec 31 2009, 5:27 am Excalibur Post #26

The sword and the faith

Quote from ShredderIV
Ex, im surprised you have sp3 running... last time i checked up on it, it decreased performance by a lot on the computers it was run on...
I customize my XP. :P

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Options
  Back to forum