Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: SCV Mine/Attack Effect
SCV Mine/Attack Effect
Dec 25 2009, 11:13 pm
By: Pinky  

Dec 30 2009, 3:53 pm Pinky Post #21

nope still doesnt work, maybe the SCV gets tired? \:P

Anyway I figured out a method that works for me basically same as my above triggering only I time the Death Counts so he completely repairs it, before ordering him away and setting HP running the script again.

Apparently as long as he actually finishes repairs he will be happy to repair again. If he is interrupted he refuses to go back to the job.

None.

Dec 30 2009, 5:26 pm rockz Post #22

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

So constantly setting hp will interrupt the scv?

Otherwise, consider giving it a very slow build time, or a very high life and a build time which would give it a low repair value. I think a unit with HP 8388607 and build time 29491 will take 518 days to finish on fastest. That's not the longest (the longest would be twice that), but it's pretty close, and my theory may be incorrect.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Dec 30 2009, 5:33 pm Pinky Post #23

I'm not sure what interrupts the SCV.

Setting the HP doesn't seem to be the problem it happily repairs it for around a minute (while HP is being reset constantly), then it just stops (and refuses to start again).

HP doesn't really affect repair time, I put it on 999999 or w/e and he repaired it in 5 seconds \:P I think its related entirely to the build time (which I haven't tried yet thanks).

Anyway the method I have actually ended up working well for me because this way it looks like the SCV is "taking a break" which when you think about it adds to the realism you can't expect the poor little guy to constantly work on the building 24/7! \:P

None.

Dec 30 2009, 8:09 pm rockz Post #24

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

ah.

When hp/build time is greater than 284.444... it rolls back over and repairs very slowly. Obviously a very small build time will repair quickly. The formula can be found in the wiki under regeneration.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Options
  Back to forum