Google Wave
Dec 1 2009, 11:39 pm
By: Jack
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Dec 2 2009, 3:43 pm BlueWolf Post #41

I have no invites left. Just saying cuz I'm still receiving pm's for invites. I should have done what Echo said, email myself another invite to my second google account.

c) google hasn't got many decent servers up for wave yet.

At first, when it was just zany, kevin, and I in a wave, Google Wave was doing fine. When we were 9, it was so horrible and annoying, and frustrating all at the same time, even though it was 3/9 people typing.

If it's not server related, then they should make a instant messenger for it. It won't cut it as a browser type of IM as it is right now.

None.

Dec 2 2009, 3:52 pm The Starport Post #42

I'll donate a few if anyone wants them.

Quote from name:BluEditor

If it's not server related, then they should make a instant messenger for it. It won't cut it as a browser type of IM as it is right now.
I find it funny that a glorified text chat has become our latest technological advancement... and we're barely able to handle it.

It ought to be trivial to optimize browser scripting to support this, I ought to expect (or perhaps the Wave script code itself, more likely).

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 2 2009, 4:04 pm by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Dec 2 2009, 5:40 pm EzDay281 Post #43

I'm interested.
I'd been wanting something like this to appear for a couple years now. It's 'bout time. And then Google announces it a few months ago and I'm left wondering why no one seems to care.

I have a feeling the lag is server-side. Not that I'd ever accuse Google of running slow servers, but with just a couple of people active in a wave the lag is barely noticeable.
Why would user count affect it if it's on Google's end? I don't imagine that a few people in a single wave makes much difference to a server almost certainly built for and supporting hundreds, thousands or more other users.
Though, networks and interwebs isn't exactly my strong point...

None.

Dec 2 2009, 6:21 pm Jack Post #44

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from EzDay281
I'm interested.
I'd been wanting something like this to appear for a couple years now. It's 'bout time. And then Google announces it a few months ago and I'm left wondering why no one seems to care.

I have a feeling the lag is server-side. Not that I'd ever accuse Google of running slow servers, but with just a couple of people active in a wave the lag is barely noticeable.
Why would user count affect it if it's on Google's end? I don't imagine that a few people in a single wave makes much difference to a server almost certainly built for and supporting hundreds, thousands or more other users.
Though, networks and interwebs isn't exactly my strong point...
What's your email?

If it is problems with the code, it'll be because they haven't set it up for multiple users properly, the way games, such as bnet, have. But due to the CPU useage, it could just be that large waves are too much to handle. Once it started lagging, I made a 2nd wave that didn't lag near as much, even with the others in. Admittedly a bunch were offline.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Dec 2 2009, 11:12 pm MadZombie Post #45

AlexisMedrano2@Gmail.com

pl0x :C

None.

Dec 2 2009, 11:17 pm EzDay281 Post #46

What's your email?
Garbeld@GMail.com

None.

Dec 2 2009, 11:25 pm Jack Post #47

I'll invite if/when I get on a computer.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Dec 2 2009, 11:28 pm Centreri Post #48

Relatively ancient and inactive

Invited.

None.

Dec 3 2009, 1:30 am Fire_Kame Post #49

wth is starcraft

could I get one? firekame@gmail.com

Dec 3 2009, 1:51 am NudeRaider Post #50

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

I have signed up: a222@gmx.de
Currently I only see Tux in my lisst.

Dec 3 2009, 2:04 am Jack Post #51

How did you get one that doesn't end with @googlewave.com?

Red classic.

Dec 3 2009, 4:22 am stickynote Post #52

Send me an invite please. stickynote10@gmail.com

None.

Dec 3 2009, 4:57 am Jack Post #53

Quote from stickynote
Send me an invite please. stickynote10@gmail.com
Invited.

Red classic.

Dec 3 2009, 5:39 am stickynote Post #54

You sure you sent it to the right email? I still don't have the invite in my inbox (yes I checked the spam).

None.

Dec 3 2009, 5:42 am Jack Post #55

It takes time to arrive, sometimes several hours.

Red classic.

Dec 3 2009, 11:54 am NudeRaider Post #56

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from name:zany_001
How did you get one that doesn't end with @googlewave.com?
I didn't get any new email account. Upon signing up I opted to use my existing one.

Dec 3 2009, 12:20 pm ProtoTank Post #57

I will give it a try, invite anyone?

Lilbikerdude11@aol.com

I'm only here because they patched SC1 and made it free.

Dec 3 2009, 2:04 pm MadZombie Post #58

Quote from ProtoTank
I will give it a try, invite anyone?

Lilbikerdude11@aol.com
Sent but its gonna prompt you to make a Gmail account of sorts.

AlexisMedrano2@googlewave.com

yea :C

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 3 2009, 3:46 pm by MadZombie.

None.

Dec 3 2009, 4:11 pm Kaias Post #59

I'll try and would like an invite; kaiassc@gmail.com

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 3 2009, 4:26 pm by Kaias. Reason: HIV

None.

Dec 3 2009, 6:01 pm MadZombie Post #60

Quote from Kaias
I'll try and would like an invite; kaiassc@gmail.com
sent

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum