Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Mom Sells 5yo daughter into prostitution.
Mom Sells 5yo daughter into prostitution.
Nov 22 2009, 2:32 am
By: samsizzle
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Nov 23 2009, 11:52 pm Decency Post #61

I'm not arguing that to be the case, so evidence is not needed. Nevertheless, it does exist here. The abstract of the first link states that results have shown such a relationship, as I'm sure dozens of others which follow do as well. I'm doing research for my opponents as well, though, not that I expect it to be noted.

Hirschi and Stark's paper would also be a good place to start.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 11:54 pm Kaias Post #62

Quote from name:FaZ-
but all research done shows the exact opposite to be true
I'm not arguing that to be the case, so evidence is not needed
If you make a statement like that you should be prepared to provide 'all research done'.

None.

Nov 24 2009, 12:07 am Decency Post #63

He is claiming there is an effect, I am claiming that there should not be considered such an effect until he brings evidence forth supporting it. I am not claiming that there is an inverse effect, just noting that most evidence suggests one. I can see how my statement taken out of context would be seen as a claim, but it wasn't intended to be one.

In any case, I've seen nothing to suggest that any opposition in this thread has done even the most basic related reading before spouting their (uninformed) opinions, so it's not really worth my time to continue discussion.

None.

Nov 24 2009, 11:10 am Kaias Post #64

all research done shows the exact opposite to be true
I am not claiming that there is an inverse effect
I've got nothing more to say to you.

None.

Nov 25 2009, 12:15 am Decency Post #65

I can see how my statement taken out of context would be seen as a claim, but it wasn't intended to be one.
I did use a poor quantifier, so my mistake on that, but I still don't think in the context of countering his claim it would stand as one, and regardless I've already stated (twice) that it wasn't meant to be. If you want to ignore those, go for it: you contribute nothing to the discussion anyway. In any case, evidence has been provided anyway and your semantics are thus worthless.

I'm not at all certain that there is an inverse relationship because there are discrepancies between the sources I have read, some say there is but others conclude no association at all. I wouldn't really feel comfortable backing up such a connection because it unnecessarily puts me on the offensive; disproving the positive association is far more important.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum