Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Topic 13

26%
None.
Forum 38

75%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 51 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Nov 18 2009, 3:08 am Neki Post #81

You're missing the heart of the forums then. Maybe Null should be at the top of the forums so everyone gets to visit it! :hurr:

None.

Nov 18 2009, 4:46 am CaptainWill Post #82

Quote from JaFF
OK, I've thought about this a bit (yea, I can do that, believe it or not!). I believe allowing for 'hi' topics in Null is the way to go. A forum seems too restricted - as if a separate box of welcomes that does not communicate with the rest of the playground. A topic is just not personal enough and does not give a welcome feel.

I think that's a bad idea. The last thing we need is people clogging up null with welcome topics. Sure, it's not exactly full of constructive discussion but individual welcome threads should be left out of it in my opinion.

None.

Nov 18 2009, 4:57 am CecilSunkure Post #83

Quote from CaptainWill
Quote from JaFF
OK, I've thought about this a bit (yea, I can do that, believe it or not!). I believe allowing for 'hi' topics in Null is the way to go. A forum seems too restricted - as if a separate box of welcomes that does not communicate with the rest of the playground. A topic is just not personal enough and does not give a welcome feel.

I think that's a bad idea. The last thing we need is people clogging up null with welcome topics. Sure, it's not exactly full of constructive discussion but individual welcome threads should be left out of it in my opinion.
A forum would be nice. I consider null topic posts to be inherently low quality, and I think it looks bad to have null be the most common of your posts. I wouldn't want to participate in a welcome topic if it were in the null.. However, if there were a welcome forum, those posts in that forum would become their own category altogether. It would also provide an organized area for welcomish, and even goodbye topics. This way, people can create their own introductory or good bye topics inside of the welcome forum, and everything would be in a nice and organized link, and all of our null posts wouldn't be going up by welcoming new people :)

I don't really like the idea of having just a single welcome topic though, as it would become rather crowded and less personal. You also wouldn't be able to talk to two different people who recently joined together very easily, as the newest member would always have the spotlight; some people can get "cut off" if they join just before someone else does.

None.

Nov 18 2009, 8:22 am InsolubleFluff Post #84

I hate how I come back daily to find a staff that make no progress towards being a better site. By far the laziest administration on the internet. Disappointing considering our site is the first to come up when you search StarCraft Mapping in google.

I mean, 35 of us prefer the idea of a Welcome area, but you won't make one beyond a tacky little topic. Why do you bother hosting a website for a community that you don't give two shits about?

None.

Nov 18 2009, 10:25 am JaFF Post #85

Quote from CaptainWill
Quote from JaFF

You're being pessimistic by assuming we cannot increase the quality of posting in Null. We've made noteworthy progress already, and I believe we can continue to improve.

None.

Nov 18 2009, 5:18 pm CecilSunkure Post #86

Quote from name:Shocko
I hate how I come back daily to find a staff that make no progress towards being a better site. By far the laziest administration on the internet. Disappointing considering our site is the first to come up when you search StarCraft Mapping in google.

I mean, 35 of us prefer the idea of a Welcome area, but you won't make one beyond a tacky little topic. Why do you bother hosting a website for a community that you don't give two shits about?
Well they obviously give at least one shit, does that explain it? ;o

None.

Nov 18 2009, 9:35 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #87

Quote from CaptainWill
Quote from JaFF

I agree. The volume of topics on such a similar subject warrants a forum.

None.

Nov 18 2009, 10:52 pm Vrael Post #88

While we're on the topic of similar topics warranting a forum: Map Making Tools, yes? Then I can move all the SCMDraft and StarForge crap out of UMS Assistance and back where it belongs. Then we'd have a home for Macrotriggers, compressors, protectors, ect, also.

None.

Nov 18 2009, 10:54 pm Symmetry Post #89

Dungeon Master

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Quote from CaptainWill
Quote from JaFF

What volume though? There have been like, 3. Ever.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Nov 19 2009, 2:58 am CecilSunkure Post #90

Quote from Vrael
While we're on the topic of similar topics warranting a forum: Map Making Tools, yes? Then I can move all the SCMDraft and StarForge crap out of UMS Assistance and back where it belongs. Then we'd have a home for Macrotriggers, compressors, protectors, ect, also.
Not a bad thought, and actually, I think a separate forum for tools would disambiguate where to place questions about specific tools and programs. I can remember first coming here, and being a bit unsure as where to post my questions about mapping tools.

If there were also a separate forum, with stickies specific to commonly asked questions about those tools, the amount of the same repetitive questions might be lowered a bit, due to the simplicity of where to find the info about tools and only tools.

None.

Nov 19 2009, 3:08 am Riney Post #91

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Symmetry
Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Quote from CaptainWill
Quote from JaFF

What volume though? There have been like, 3. Ever.

Im sure there would be a lot more if there were a place for them.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Nov 19 2009, 3:14 am CecilSunkure Post #92

Quote from name:DM
Im sure there would be a lot more if there were a place for them.
Don't forget about "Good bye" topics, and even "I'll be gone for a while" topics!

None.

Nov 19 2009, 3:45 am Riney Post #93

Thigh high affectionado

Thats a good idea as well, make it the Welcome/Good Bye/Ill be back forum.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Nov 19 2009, 5:39 pm Phobos Post #94

Are you sure about that?

I have never had a kiwi. I want a kiwi :(

this is signature

Nov 22 2009, 5:29 pm Moose Post #95

We live in a society.

I have been sufficently convinced that this forum would be a good idea.

I need someone to make icons for this forum in all three sets.

Nov 22 2009, 8:59 pm CecilSunkure Post #96

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
I have been sufficently convinced that this forum would be a good idea.

I need someone to make icons for this forum in all three sets.
Quote from CecilSunkure
Don't forget about "Good bye" topics, and even "I'll be gone for a while" topics!
Did you forget about them, or just not like the idea?

None.

Nov 22 2009, 9:01 pm Moose Post #97

We live in a society.

I don't really think it's necessary. If anything, your signature is a good way to spread that news.

Nov 22 2009, 9:04 pm CecilSunkure Post #98

Lol, obviously someone doesn't care about people who leave :P

Yeah, that is true, signatures can do it. But people like Wilhelm wrote long good-bye topics, and there wasn't exactly a place for them except the Null.

I would write a nice topic if I were to leave, cursing my enemies and such -like, actual curses, not expletives.. ^^

None.

Nov 23 2009, 4:35 pm scwizard Post #99

Icon for the welcome forum should be a kiwi.

None.

Nov 23 2009, 5:49 pm JaFF Post #100

Quote from scwizard
Icon for the welcome forum should be a kiwi.
Words of wisdom.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 >
  Back to forum