Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Houses
Houses
Nov 3 2009, 7:51 am
By: Rain  

Nov 3 2009, 7:51 am Rain Post #1

I'm trying to make houses but don't know where to start. I've seen a couple examples of them made out of terrain but they're a bit too small to use and trying to adapt them into larger scale is proving to be harder than first anticipated. Any ideas on where to start? (trying to make square houses that you dont necessarily have to be able to walk into).

None.

Nov 3 2009, 3:11 pm payne Post #2

:payne:

Stickynote made an awesome one that is symmetrical and use repetitive blend (which means it can be enlarged as long as you can). It can also have multiple stairs/levels. There's a lot you can do with these.

Quote from Rain
Quote from payne
I believe I had some vertical ramps in my brushes: http://www.staredit.net/topic/7800/
you also have some other nifty stuff as well that I could use :) thx.

--edit--
btw I was looking for walls not ramps :P but I figured it out anyway on my own (walls that is)

You can find them in my "House" brush right there : http://www.staredit.net/topic/7800/
I'm deceived that you found it quite useful, but didn't look at all the brushes provided ;) Anyways, I think I have 3 type of houses in the brush.
Don't forget that there is a brush-usage tutorial here.

None.

Nov 3 2009, 4:27 pm lil-Inferno Post #3

Just here for the pie

http://www.staredit.net/topic/1836/

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jul 8 2023, 2:45 am by lil-Inferno.

Nov 4 2009, 7:27 am Rain Post #4

payne: the houses i was talking about that i looked at were your houses :P at first I thought they looked a little small and not what I was looking for but compared to an actual unit it is quite decent for it's size. I think I should just start a topic about the map im working on...lol. Thanks for all your input btw.

inferno: thats perfect. exactly what I was looking for. thanks :D

None.

Options
  Back to forum