Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege M8e
Temple Siege M8e
Oct 27 2009, 4:30 am
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 848 >

Nov 1 2009, 9:39 pm wish4me Post #101

Fix the bugs. Put back in mana drain on assault. Finish last terrain changes. Let it sit in for awhile, have tournament and then start making changes imo.

None.

Nov 1 2009, 10:56 pm killer_sss Post #102

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from killer_sss
again all this is outweighed by the fact that you captured the base and are now giving +2 extra spawn. They increase exp as time goes on.
The amount of XP the outpost gives scales as well.
just out of curiosity was this changed since m3? I thought it has always scaled, but the two extra spawn was still more exp than the scaled exp given.

btw the gates respawning and giving exp is just sweet. I've killed the gates over and over in some of my games. Its nice not being punished anymore lol.

None.

Nov 1 2009, 11:19 pm Moose Post #103

We live in a society.

Quote from killer_sss
Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from killer_sss
again all this is outweighed by the fact that you captured the base and are now giving +2 extra spawn. They increase exp as time goes on.
The amount of XP the outpost gives scales as well.
just out of curiosity was this changed since m3? I thought it has always scaled, but the two extra spawn was still more exp than the scaled exp given.
No, the scaling is still in the same proportion and has always changed with spawn level since the gradual XP was implemented. The XP produced is not scaled to the number of players on a team. The XP is slightly less than what actually spawns because it is much easier to obtain. You don't have to be physically present, in fact, you only need your team to control the outpost to get it, whereas killing the spawns requires, well, killing the spawns.

Here's a numerical example:
Six Zerglings from an outpost will come from three waves of spawns. Each spawn gives +1 XP to you and each of your (two) teammates for +3 XP to each and a total of +9 XP.
Killing six Zerglings would give +8 XP to you and +2 to each of your (two) teammates, for a total of +10. (and 5 minerals to you)

Nov 2 2009, 2:39 am xYoshix Post #104

These are some changes I've done based on feedback I was given. I removed the bottom of the mid outpost's high dirt and replaced it with cliffs to make the geysers harder to snipe. I also removed a few bridges since many people said I used too many bridges. I plan to completely re-do top base. Also, don't mind the 2 cannons at middle base... I didn't get this terrain from m8; it was from my draft from m7.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 3:37 am Decency Post #105

Looks decent.

Don't redo top base, and put back the double ramp that looked like this /'''\ below mid. Even if you keep the low ground passage too, it's still very nice to have, there need to be SOME chokes.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 5:51 am DrakeClawfang Post #106

Agreed, you need a few small areas to trap enemies, that's part of the strategy of the game, pincer attacks and blocks and trapping enemies. Bottom base is actually a fav of mine for chasing large opponents. Speedy heroes can chase them into spawn at several points there and trap them.

Another glitch to report. The matchup was, um, DT and Marine vs Warrior, Ling and Archer. At some point the Volt's l2 graphics appeared as we were breaking their base, and it happened twice. There was a "NO MAN LEFT BEHIND" wraith spawning repeatedly, and the graphic was as I said, the Volt's l2. I don't remember the sixth hero, but it wasn't a Volt and the guy had left anyway, so...?

None.

Nov 2 2009, 5:53 am MEMEME670 Post #107

Quote from DrakeClawfang
Agreed, you need a few small areas to trap enemies, that's part of the strategy of the game, pincer attacks and blocks and trapping enemies. Bottom base is actually a fav of mine for chasing large opponents. Speedy heroes can chase them into spawn at several points there and trap them.

Another glitch to report. The matchup was, um, DT and Marine vs Warrior, Ling and Archer. At some point the Volt's l2 graphics appeared as we were breaking their base, and it happened twice. There was a "NO MAN LEFT BEHIND" wraith spawning repeatedly, and the graphic was as I said, the Volt's l2. I don't remember the sixth hero, but it wasn't a Volt and the guy had left anyway, so...?

No replay?? XS. I probably woulda been in that game too had i not been testin gwith norm XD.

Seems odd and unusual...and harmless.

None.

Nov 2 2009, 7:25 am DrakeClawfang Post #108

Just something to point out, on the old terrain the bottom Geyser could be killed by ranged units out of cannon range. So since this has changed, maybe the middle Geysers should be more vulnerable to compensate...?

None.

Nov 3 2009, 12:25 am MEMEME670 Post #109

Quote from DrakeClawfang
Just something to point out, on the old terrain the bottom Geyser could be killed by ranged units out of cannon range. So since this has changed, maybe the middle Geysers should be more vulnerable to compensate...?

Or maybe bottoms geysers are just more worth it now!

Also, if one team owns bottom other owns mid...

None.

Nov 3 2009, 5:22 am ClansAreForGays Post #110

bot outpost - very difficult to cap-steal, very easy to attack geyser

mid outpost - kind of difficult to cap-steal, kind of difficult to kill geysers

top outpost - very easy to cap-steal, very hard to kill geyser

Nov 3 2009, 5:59 am MEMEME670 Post #111

Quote from ClansAreForGays

I must beg to differ. Wait no this is m8 TS almost forgot since i can almost never play.

None.

Nov 3 2009, 12:39 pm xYoshix Post #112

Quote from MEMEME670

I must beg to differ. Wait no this is m8 TS almost forgot since i can almost never play.
Then don't comment -.-

None.

Nov 3 2009, 5:56 pm ClansAreForGays Post #113

Quote from MEMEME670

My analysis applies to the original terrain as well. So go ahead.

Nov 4 2009, 12:15 am MEMEME670 Post #114

Quote from xYoshix
Quote from MEMEME670

Then don't comment -.-

I was slyly commenting on how nobody hosts m8 publicly and i dislike it.

@CAFG

Top in original format was teh same amount of difficulty to kill as it was to take top, as both required you too just get past three cannons on one side and fend off spawn.

None.

Nov 5 2009, 6:19 am wish4me Post #115

Please make medic L4 Full Heal himself. Its not imba to do so. Only to FH other heros. Like it is but FH himself. As it is, the medic is a very weak hero.

None.

Nov 5 2009, 7:32 am FlashBeer Post #116

Since when did she become a guy?

None.

Nov 5 2009, 5:17 pm ShredderIV Post #117

I'd rather have medic fh all her allies and not herself than fh herself and not her allies. At least this way you would be able to still kill the medic. The problem i have with her fhing herself when she uses her l4 is that she becomes an asset, where she simply can then stand there and heal her allies, while staying alive due to her full hp. Really, i like the way moose changed this a lot.

None.

Nov 6 2009, 2:00 am Excalibur Post #118

The sword and the faith

I'm working on a complete terrain redo I doubt Moose is going to use or any of you are going to like. However it is 9001% more balanced than the current one. :P

Pictures in the next couple of days. I got the basic layout done but nothing is pretty yet. ^^

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Nov 6 2009, 5:31 am ClansAreForGays Post #119

Moose probably will, and I'll like it as long as by 'balanced' you don't mean 'mirrored'

Nov 6 2009, 5:50 am Excalibur Post #120

The sword and the faith

Moose probably will, and I'll like it as long as by 'balanced' you don't mean 'mirrored'
Proper distances and path widths. Less chokes, and where there are chokes, they're consistent. Top is still mountains, bottom is still bridges/swamp.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 848 >
  Back to forum