Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Temple Siege M8e
Temple Siege M8e
Oct 27 2009, 4:30 am
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1548 >

Dec 17 2009, 6:52 am MEMEME670 Post #241

Quote from name:FaZ-
And yeah I can't remember a version where 2-3 shots and a tank salvo doesn't net me 16 exp after I've hit level 2 with Mech. But keep theorying that you're going to block my Mech with DA. :lol:

Early game, one of two things will happen.

Youll cast your tanks, and if your on bottom they wont block you too much, and you may get a DA kill, if the DM doesnt just put his DA near your tanks. If your on top the tanks will probably allow a block, and unless theyre OHKOing, the DM will trade about 100 damage for 16 exp (assuming its a likely kill.)

Early-mid, youll either have to manual the DA with your tanks (DM l2), which may or may not be doable, and will cause you to lose micro with your gol/vult, or you wont get a shot on the DA in as it will be l1'd away as your tanks hit/moved towards them.

Pub games dont count as real. I theorize given that both players are skilled, no other random elements are given (spawn surrounding DA, random other people coming in) and the DM and Mech know how to micro well.

Given that, you will be blocked by DA, if not killed by a block/micro with DA in it.

rockz, i was saying gol/vult shots.

Tanks arent that viable, although it can happen.

None.

Dec 17 2009, 7:16 am ClansAreForGays Post #242

Volt is powerful late game and can defend a base pretty much forever by himself... who knew?
No it can't. Even if I had enough ups to 1 hit everything, they'd still be coming faster than I could kill them. Without a damage spell it's impossible.

That game also tells us that Unholy's spawn buildings should just be removed, they're worse than useless.
When the game almost naturally reaches hydras, a lot of things are useless. They were only useless at killing me, they did a good job at beating my spawn push.

It also tells us that zealots are still not even remotely near to being as good as Hydralisks.
Wrong wrong wrong. 5 zealots beat 5 hydras, is that too 'remote' for you? The replay clearly shows this when his zealots take down my hydra-pumping warp gate. Hydras are just better stacked up, like just about every other dam sc unit that has range.
Don't forget they AREN'T THE SAME SPAWN LEVEL, so they aren't supposed to be "AS good" as hydras
(and they still pretty much are)

He was using Dragoons to clear packs of Hydralisks and Reavers to destroy your base.
Maybe his melee stats were really good(I never looked at any of his atk ups). I also don't remember building any reavers.

Dec 17 2009, 7:56 am Decency Post #243

Your L3 is sufficient as Volt to defend, you don't need damage. Make a wall of neutrals and walk away.

His spawns beat your spawn push, but they can't take out cannons well (other than the 2 units that I mentioned), so they just feed an absolute ton of experience to heroes.

Who cares if zealots beat hydras? That's GOOD for the player with hydras, his lane gets pushed towards him and he can farm next to cannons. Zealots can't do shit to structures, which is the only thing that matters for the feed in Temple Siege. Hydras roll through them.

He had about equal upgrades, and I'd take 4 Reavers with base damage over +20 dragoons for killing packs of Hydralisks, anyway. I don't think I said you built Reavers?

MEMEMEMMEME, send me a message on AIM tomorrow and we can 1v1 any base you'd like from whichever side you'd like, Mech vs DM. You can try to block me with DA and we'll see how well that works for you.

None.

Dec 17 2009, 10:51 pm MEMEME670 Post #244

Quote from name:FaZ-
MEMEMEMMEME, send me a message on AIM tomorrow and we can 1v1 any base you'd like from whichever side you'd like, Mech vs DM. You can try to block me with DA and we'll see how well that works for you.

Faz-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-zz-z-z-z--z-z-z, Get oli, he mains dm.

None.

Dec 17 2009, 10:57 pm OlimarandLouie Post #245

Sure, I'm up for it.

None.

Dec 17 2009, 11:10 pm ClansAreForGays Post #246

Your L3 is sufficient as Volt to defend, you don't need damage. Make a wall of neutrals and walk away.
Then how do I leave? w/e, I'll give u this one.

His spawns beat your spawn push, but they can't take out cannons well (other than the 2 units that I mentioned), so they just feed an absolute ton of experience to heroes.
You don't know M8 very well. Cannons don't have armor, just a small amount of regenerating shield. goliaths can and do damage them.

That's GOOD for the player with hydras, his lane gets pushed towards him and he can farm next to cannons.
The game isn't about farming or getting exp at that point. It's about killing bases.

Zealots can't do shit to structures, which is the only thing that matters for the feed in Temple Siege. Hydras roll through them.
And now I see your disconnect. Maybe you didn't know, but zealots do 48 damage in M8, that's more than hydras(alright, hydras do a little more to buildings cuz of the 2 hit thing), and it's one of the things that makes M8 the best. Zealots can and do kill the temple(and everything else) left unchecked.

I don't think I said you built Reavers?
He was using Dragoons to clear packs of Hydralisks and Reavers to destroy your base.
Your lack of a coma threw me off.

Dec 18 2009, 12:04 am killer_sss Post #247

idk that it mattered all that much but orange wasted 5 civs upping spawn when it would have upped naturally in a few minuites. I thought it was a dumb move. Also Idk what the hydra was doing but he got way too much air especially when it was 3v1. He should have been pumping hydras and feeding especially since the goliath gave up on feeding altogether lategame.

The hydra player risked himself when he had no reason to. This has to be the biggest flaw of the other team IMO.

regardless a couple things I learned from this.
Spawn Maxing out at 5 is horrible. The other team can just wait for the spawn to up to catch up if needed.

The buildable summons are complete shit. They did hardly anything besides out number the actual spawn. I agree they either need to be removed or fixed to compensate. They may be better early game but they feed like no tomorrow.

Volt has crazy power lategame/Midgame when he gets a crapload of hp. Idk why they didn't try to pick you apart lategame. There was three and they could have entered from all different sides and backed off when you came near. The lightmage was the only one who could hold her own against you so he/she should have played the biggest part in base demolition. Idk great game played by you your opponents didn't do very well in comparison.

None.

Dec 18 2009, 4:54 am Decency Post #248

To get out, you can kill the spawns. Your opponent might not be able to.

I knew about the shields, but I wasn't aware of the lack of armor on cannons, that makes Zealots more than viable for killing them because it makes "the 2-hit thing" not apply. They still can't touch the Temple though, and probably can't touch warp gates either.

None.

Dec 18 2009, 5:06 am Neki Post #249

Watching the replay, the zealots top raped the whole lane (including the warp gate) when CAFG was trying to push down mid. I think they're still viable for pushing a lane, maybe not the temple, but they do rape cannons given time. Also, CAFG is so mean to his team mates, lol. Maybe if you could change spawn buildings to one really strong unit every couple of minutes, but I'm pretty sure the spawned units are used in other spells.

None.

Dec 18 2009, 5:35 pm UnholyUrine Post #250

teehee...

Glitch: Light Mage's L1's post spell effects are maintained in the duration of its L3.. Use another deathcount for Light mage's L1.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 19 2009, 5:46 pm by UnholyUrine.

None.

Dec 20 2009, 12:39 am ClansAreForGays Post #251

M8f is needed for tourny.

South team volt lv3 does not affect the north heroes.

Dec 20 2009, 1:43 am ClansAreForGays Post #252

LOL. It's the same glitch as Volt Lv2 in MT
Your probe dish out the punishment.

Dec 22 2009, 5:42 am FlashBeer Post #253

Most Epic Replay ever?
How does attempting suicide, win a game?

Attachments:
TSSuicideBackfired.rep
Hits: 5 Size: 225.33kb

None.

Dec 26 2009, 4:07 pm Moose Post #254

We live in a society.

Okay, so I've started working on the tournament version. I also gave my hand a good slashing open, so it's kind of difficult to edit and I can't really play. :P

Code
***  TEMPLE SIEGE M8T  ***
:: GENERAL
- Fixed the actual final step of capture triggers to use the new capblocking locations.
- Increased respawn time for Warp Gates, so they will be dead another 20 seconds. (One more spawn wave.)

:: MECH
- Fixed bug that gave player Vulture speed for free by dying.

:: SPECIAL OPS
- Sniper Rifle (L3) damage is now 100 + 10.

:: VOLT
- Fixed a problem with South Team's L3 centering on the wrong unit.

Is there anything else that I really need to do?
All I can think of is a small cooldown for Special Ops' L3 and importing a certain method of doing a non-blocking L2 for Mech that CAFG showed to me.

Dec 26 2009, 4:47 pm Urahara Post #255

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Lower attack on mechs transformations, but keep the dmg for the l4

None.

Dec 26 2009, 5:04 pm MEMEME670 Post #256

Quote from Urahara

This has no reasoning, i cant see any reason why its wrong, hence i cant find it viable.

Not trying to sound mean, but thats how it comes across.

None.

Dec 26 2009, 5:14 pm Urahara Post #257

Quote from MEMEME670
Quote from Urahara

This has no reasoning, i cant see any reason why its wrong, hence i cant find it viable.

Not trying to sound mean, but thats how it comes across.
Ok so want my reasoning?
Oh I have none, just mech is extremely rigged :/

None.

Dec 26 2009, 5:57 pm Moose Post #258

We live in a society.

Mech's requirement to pay for speed and less transform-escape went far enough. Those were big things.

Dec 26 2009, 9:02 pm ClansAreForGays Post #259

a non-blocking L2 for Mech that CAFG showed to me.
I think you should wait for M9 on this one, but it wouldn't really hurt if it as in M8T. Just don't nerf it like you did the assault lv4.

The 1 second cool-down on rine lv3 is pretty necessary though.

Dec 28 2009, 4:10 am Doodle77 Post #260

Someone I was playing with complained that Volt L3 in M8e drains mana immediately rather than after the chargeup like in older versions. True?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1548 >
  Back to forum