Custom Jungle Doodads
Oct 17 2009, 12:32 pm
By: Howler
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Oct 20 2009, 2:14 am payne Post #21

:payne:

Quote from Howler
that makes me feel all warm inside :)

I've discovered that blocks are impossible to avoid unless you want really really basic custom blends... :(
Pretty normal, you are working with some of the hardest shit you could work with in terraining >.<
Gratz dude! :D

None.

Oct 20 2009, 4:39 am Falkoner Post #22

Man, these look amazing, do I have permission to add this to my terrain compilation?

None.

Oct 20 2009, 4:46 am CecilSunkure Post #23

Quote from payne
Quote from Howler
that makes me feel all warm inside :)

I've discovered that blocks are impossible to avoid unless you want really really basic custom blends... :(
Pretty normal, you are working with some of the hardest shit you could work with in terraining >.<
Gratz dude! :D
Yep, if you can make doodads like that, then you can do anything with terrain if you're given enough time. Once you understand how to use the tileset indexed, you can pretty much do whatever is possible with terrain.

My favorite one of yours is your temple to dirt using the large templish doodad, do you mind I use that somewhere?

None.

Oct 20 2009, 1:09 pm Howler Post #24

Quote from Falkoner
Man, these look amazing, do I have permission to add this to my terrain compilation?

yeah that's fine, but I'm gonna keep updating it and adding doodads to it.

Quote from CecilSunkure
My favorite one of yours is your temple to dirt using the large templish doodad, do you mind I use that somewhere?

feel free to use it :)

None.

Oct 20 2009, 5:13 pm samsizzle Post #25

you should try a mass landscape and incorporate your doodads into it.

None.

Oct 20 2009, 9:48 pm Howler Post #26

rocks hurt my head

I feel like I can make endless doodads....I haven't even tapped into the "other" sc map terrains lol (desert wtf!?)

None.

Oct 20 2009, 10:04 pm Kaias Post #27

If you want a bigger challenge try Twilight

None.

Oct 20 2009, 10:42 pm Howler Post #28

it's not that I don't I want a challenge...I don't really like twilight :\ too much blue everywhere.

None.

Oct 21 2009, 1:11 am payne Post #29

Howler, a good challenge is to create doodads for Raised Jungle and Water in Jungle tileset ;)

None.

Oct 21 2009, 2:45 am Tempz Post #30

Very nice =p

the only reason i think is you can create these are that you place all doodads in one place then compare colors XD that or you reach in the future to grab terrain :D

btw here's something i hope will inspire you i just made this in 40 mins :D

Edit : i missed another peice but you can see part of its sprite XD, also its the only thing there that uses a sprite :D

Did anyone notice i triple posted? btw its probally deleted by now.

None.

Oct 21 2009, 2:59 am stickynote Post #31

Tempz, those are nice attempts, but honestly, don't take this too harshly, they kind of suck.
The bone one on the far right is really well blended but the others are very blocky.
Howler, try doodads in ice or twilight. Twilight isn't nearly as hard as desert though.

None.

Oct 21 2009, 3:09 am Tempz Post #32

=p hey they would of been better but it only took 40 mins ;(

None.

Oct 21 2009, 1:21 pm Howler Post #33

Tempz, I like how you're blending them, mostly the middle grass one and the 2x3 one above that. Don't feel discouraged trying to blend using the crashed ship...it's nearly impossible :O

some twilight doodads for you guyth

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 21 2009, 1:39 pm by Howler.

None.

Oct 21 2009, 6:35 pm payne Post #34

Twilight rocks are neat! :O

None.

Nov 10 2009, 5:27 am scwizard Post #35

The lower right one is my favorite (numbered 9 going top to bottom then left or right). The numbered 10 one is jarringly blocky. It's 7th (going top to bottom then left to right) tile doesn't fit at all. Overall excellent job, I don't get why the attachment says 0 hits. I'm downloading it as soon as I get home.

None.

Nov 10 2009, 3:45 pm payne Post #36

It's because he uploaded a new one which no one has seen/downloaded ;o

None.

Nov 11 2009, 3:46 pm Howler Post #37

Quote from payne
It's because he uploaded a new one which no one has seen/downloaded ;o

Yeah there's ~50 doodads in that file.

None.

Nov 17 2009, 9:03 pm payne Post #38

Howler, I hope you accept to share these doodads without any credit needed because I just past a lot of time compiling doodads for my brushes and I am about to share them. :S

None.

Nov 18 2009, 2:00 am Howler Post #39

Anyone who wants to use them, feel free. Just don't say you made them yourself or deny that they are sexy and that I am brilliant lol

None.

Jan 10 2010, 4:05 am Howler Post #40

Added a few more, nothing special, aside from a large tree ;)

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum