Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Updates: October 4, 2009
Updates: October 4, 2009
Oct 4 2009, 9:18 pm
By: Moose
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Oct 5 2009, 12:28 pm Decency Post #21

"My posts."

Not in a certain topic, use the link I gave you.

None.

Oct 5 2009, 1:39 pm Norm Post #22

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from Norm
Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Quote from name:Dark_Marine
Moose its fuckin ugly how you have it set up. Move Forum to the left of Community, then its purtty.
Second. ;o

I too support this change.
Switched. I also switched Site and StarCraft.

YES! Thank you. It was bugging me so bad before.

None.

Oct 5 2009, 3:02 pm NudeRaider Post #23

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from name:FaZ-
"My posts."

Not in a certain topic, use the link I gave you.
He's right. Even when you mark "Sort by Date: Descending" and "Display results as: Posts"
It is not sorted by date, but by topic.

Oct 5 2009, 9:10 pm payne Post #24

:payne:

Why disabling Minerals and Games? It was fun :(
I would accept removing the gain of minerals via posting because it could push to spam, but the games were fun :O

None.

Oct 5 2009, 9:17 pm Echo Post #25

New requirements for signatures and titles are 50 and 100 activity, respectively. These requirements are temporary and subject to change pending discussion with the staff. Those who disabled fun to get them but who do not meet these requirements are stuck with their current signatures and titles. If you need them removed, ask me. Avatars are, of course, still free for everyone.

I oppose this. 50 and 100 activity is too much. You gain 1 activity per day right? That would mean they have to be on for about 2 months, if they are on everyday just to get a signature, and even more to get a title. I don't think this is fair to new members, and it would rather just make SEN look uninviting and unfriendly. I understand that if you used a certain amount of posts for the titles and signatures, it would just promote people to spam more. I just think that the number should be lowered to around 25.

None.

Oct 5 2009, 9:19 pm Centreri Post #26

Relatively ancient and inactive

Now that Echo points it out, I agree. 5 and 10 seem more reasonable.

None.

Oct 5 2009, 9:21 pm Vrael Post #27

Quote from Echo
New requirements for signatures and titles are 50 and 100 activity, respectively. These requirements are temporary and subject to change pending discussion with the staff. Those who disabled fun to get them but who do not meet these requirements are stuck with their current signatures and titles. If you need them removed, ask me. Avatars are, of course, still free for everyone.

I oppose this. 500 and 100 activity is too much. You gain 1 activity per day right? That would mean they have to be on for about 2 months, if they are on everyday just to get a signature, and even more to get a title. I don't think this is fair to new members, and it would rather just make SEN look uninviting and unfriendly. I understand that if you used a certain amount of posts for the titles and signatures, it would just promote people to spam more. I just think that the number should be lowered to around 25.
Really? I didn't even have a signature or avatar for the first three years or so I had an account on SEN. Who really gives a damn about the avatar and title and signerature?

None.

Oct 5 2009, 9:22 pm Jack Post #28

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

50 and 100 are fine, if people stay that long, then they deserve a sig and title to some extent. It doesn't matter a whole lot anyway.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 5 2009, 9:24 pm Centreri Post #29

Both of you, your commitment to uncaring about the meaningless things of your account is nice.

However, it will greatly reduce the attractiveness of SEN to new members and may lead to them, instead of becoming active here, to go to other websites. Requiring five or ten days of activity keeps it within their easy reach while stopping single-time accounts from having it.

None.

Oct 5 2009, 9:32 pm Jack Post #30

I doubt 99 percent of new people care that they can't have a sig for a while. The one percent who do care and kick up a fuss are kidiots that we don't want around anyway.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 5 2009, 9:34 pm Echo Post #31

Really? I didn't even have a signature or avatar for the first three years or so I had an account on SEN. Who really gives a damn about the avatar and title and signerature?
That's really one-sided. Just because you don't care doesn't mean that others don't care also.

None.

Oct 5 2009, 9:37 pm Jack Post #32

True. I still don't think people who are here to map care much about a sig, who knows though? Moose'll sort it out.

Red classic.

Oct 5 2009, 9:47 pm Centreri Post #33

The ones that are here to map will be able to go to other places to map.

None.

Oct 5 2009, 9:48 pm Echo Post #34

Everything is not up to Moose or any other admins. This is a starcraft community if I last remember.

None.

Oct 5 2009, 9:50 pm Jack Post #35

Quote from Centreri
The ones that are here to map will be able to go to other places to map.
Good for them.

Quote from Echo
Everything is not up to Moose or any other admins. This is a starcraft community if I last remember.
Try telling that to Ex O.o

Red classic.

Oct 5 2009, 9:53 pm Centreri Post #36

Good for them.
If you don't care about if the community gets larger or not, there's no point in posting. In fact, we can remove signatures and avatar altogether. REAL SENners will stay. Right?

None.

Oct 5 2009, 10:00 pm Jack Post #37

Quote from Centreri
Good for them.
If you don't care about if the community gets larger or not, there's no point in posting. In fact, we can remove signatures and avatar altogether. REAL SENners will stay. Right?
Sigh. A larger community is nice, as long as it gets filled with fairly mature non-trolls. The kind of people who leave a site because they can't have a sig for a couple of months aren't exactly mature in general.

Red classic.

Oct 5 2009, 10:05 pm Centreri Post #38

I don't think you understand what competition is. If another website offers virtually the same services in help as SEN does but allows people to have signatures off the bat, then that person will go to that website instead. It's not a matter of maturity or intelligence; it's a matter of common sense. If I give you a choice of two rooms, both with identical computers but one has a fresh, clean orange on the desk, that's the room you'll choose. Because that's your only basis on which to make a choice. This is the same.

None.

Oct 5 2009, 10:30 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #39

Just here for the activity... well not really

there isn't even a topic list on the "My posts" page.
This is what he meant.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Oct 5 2009, 11:08 pm RIVE Post #40

Just Here For The Pie

Quote from Echo
Quote from Vrael
That's really one-sided. Just because you don't care doesn't mean that others don't care also.

When I first joined SEN, I did not care about the signatures or titles. I did not have either until the site went under and came back in mid 2007. I joined SEN so I had a place to submit my movie maps to a community of more than ten people. I wanted to hear comments and opinions on my work. I did not even acknowledge the forums. I think that is how most of us were like when we first joined. Now I forget why I am even here.

Also, I would like to add, WHAT!?! MY MUG OF APPRECIATION IS GONE!!!! NO!

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum