Sep 16 2009, 11:26 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 92 93 94 95 96117 >

Oct 4 2010, 2:06 am Decency Post #1861

I'm a super beta tester. Wooo. =D

None.

Oct 4 2010, 4:00 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #1862

Just here for the activity... well not really

I've played a little, and I've noticed that null stone is becoming increasing popular. What's up with that?

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Oct 4 2010, 4:10 am ShredderIV Post #1863

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin
I've played a little, and I've noticed that null stone is becoming increasing popular. What's up with that?
It got a little buffed, basically is my reason for it.

On another note, despite my best efforts to play HON, my schools internet sucks, with usually around 500-600 ping, which is unplayable (new IT guy changed the NAT type of the internet and limited bandwidth, so my apartment building with 200+ people has to share as much as the smaller dorms do).

So despite my constant efforts to play, I will still not be able to play as much as I want to.

None.

Oct 4 2010, 7:33 am Decency Post #1864

Quote from l)ark_ssj9kevin

It got buffed a lot, earlier, and then people realized how much you can completely shut down certain heroes when you have one. Then it got nerfed 3-4 patches in a row to a worse place than where it was at the start, but people are still picking it up because it's situationally strong. Heroes like Hammerstorm, Tundra, etc. are a lot worse without having that go to targettable.

The main reasons are the tons of mana regen and solid stats it gives. I get it on Madman a lot, for example, because of how mana dependent he is. Because the item gives +% regen and +INT it sort of synergizes with itself, plus the survivability from +STR and the null. There's not another item that does that.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 4 2010, 8:43 am by FaZ-.

None.

Oct 16 2010, 11:47 pm Bar Refaeli Post #1865

Played my first game since ever (trial). Went 5/6/2 as puppet. I got regular shoes and rushed harkons blade and owned the other team :D also it was 4v5 in their favor. We won.

None.

Oct 23 2010, 12:22 am dumbducky Post #1866

The new hero is pretty cool. I like how his spells work, except I feel his second spell is kinda lame.
In other news, today I picked scout because we needed a hard carry. My team moaned and bitched that I picked scout. After about 15 minutes they tried to concede, but I voted no. I carried us to a victory. Yay me.

tits

Oct 23 2010, 1:46 am Sand Wraith Post #1867

she/her

NIght Hound and Scout pretty much causes everyone to grief all of the time. More so Scout, though, probably.

Oct 23 2010, 3:53 pm Decency Post #1868

Neither are terrible heroes, but if not last-picked they're pretty easily counterable.

None.

Oct 23 2010, 6:41 pm ShredderIV Post #1869

It's actually harder to counter night hound a lot of the time, especially if he gets his nullfire blade fast. Then he can purge dust off of himself, which forces the other team to get an eye or wards, both of which are more difficult to use counters (bound eye and it's dropping, wards and their placement).

Scout actually works as a good counter to a nh. The last game i played as scout, the other team had a nh, and i got about half my kills off him. Scout's eyes are perfect for it. If you see nh farming a lane, you just throw down an eye there, and kill him.

Scout isnt really as much of a "noob" hero in pubs any more. Actually, I havent seen people rage over a scout pick in a long time. I think people have actually started appreciating him for the carry he is, and have stopped just ksing with him.

Nighthound, on the other hand, almost always ks's in pubs, hence the reason why people still rage over picking him.

Also, why do none of you play anymore? Kount was on yesterday, but otherwise the channels almost always empty when i'm on.

None.

Oct 23 2010, 8:05 pm Sand Wraith Post #1870

she/her

I come around once in a blue moon, but I've got other things to play and study and whatnot. BESIDES, YOU ALL SUCK.

So yea, that's why I don't play much HoN anymore.

Oct 24 2010, 6:35 am Riney Post #1871

Thigh high affectionado

Whats HoN?

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Oct 24 2010, 5:04 pm Bar Refaeli Post #1872

Quote from Riney
Whats HoN?

None.

Oct 24 2010, 6:03 pm poison_us Post #1873

Back* from the grave

Ahh, that never gets old.

Oct 24 2010, 6:05 pm Riney Post #1874

Thigh high affectionado

Codex Scout :awesome:

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Oct 24 2010, 6:12 pm poison_us Post #1875

Back* from the grave

I build my codex level 5...

Oct 27 2010, 6:02 am ShredderIV Post #1876

For any of you guys who follow the competitive scene, I was watching this today, and was laughing so much at the picks I figured I'd share.

http://hon.esportmedia.com/video/2010/10/20/caleague-tournament-drd-vs-xtu/progressive/

Basically DRD goes with a moustache team. Best. Team. Ever. Also Kingraven is lolz.

None.

Oct 27 2010, 11:56 pm Bar Refaeli Post #1877

I played HoN again to escape from the unbalances of LoL... but wait... those unbalances have cousins staying in HoN!

Dev- Early game- Come on, 30 second ulti CD? Ult + Decay on any non-uber-tank-hero-below-level-15-or-so = instant death. And why not get shamans headress, with that your ulti pretty much heals you a ton of your HP even WITH decay on

Late game - Toughest tank ever. Predator counters a like a bitch, but still. Toughest tank ever.

Swiftblade- Early game- Spin 'n win.

Late game - Carry carry crit kill double kill ult ANNIHILATION carry carry.

etc...

None.

Oct 28 2010, 1:26 pm Decency Post #1878

If you let a midgame ganking hero or a carry get early kills they snowball out of control? Who knew!?

None.

Oct 28 2010, 3:25 pm ShredderIV Post #1879

Swift's spin is extremely powerful, yes. Especially when paired with a stunner. However, his spin pretty much loses its usefulness completely late game. That's why before they added the attack in level 4, he was barely ever picked competitively. Now, he still isnt picked, but can carry, albeit, IMO not well.

If you can't hit hooks with dev, you're done for. And pretty much, a shrunken head stops all of his damage, while a nullstone stops his ulti completely. I do, however, feel that he needs a slight nerf after blood chalice was introduced. He used to be really limited by mana, but now with his huge HP pool, he isnt really.

None.

Oct 29 2010, 7:40 pm Bar Refaeli Post #1880

Quote from name:FaZ-
If you let a midgame ganking hero or a carry get early kills they snowball out of control? Who knew!?
If S2 creates a midgame ganking hero or a carry that automatically gets early kills when the player doesn't even have much skill they rape even more late game? Who knew?!

Quote from ShredderIV
Swift's spin is extremely powerful, yes. Especially when paired with a stunner. However, his spin pretty much loses its usefulness completely late game. That's why before they added the attack in level 4, he was barely ever picked competitively. Now, he still isnt picked, but can carry, albeit, IMO not well.

If you can't hit hooks with dev, you're done for. And pretty much, a shrunken head stops all of his damage, while a nullstone stops his ulti completely. I do, however, feel that he needs a slight nerf after blood chalice was introduced. He used to be really limited by mana, but now with his huge HP pool, he isnt really.
True about swift, but having that big kill disadvantage early game can hurt other carries late game. I find that dev doesn't even need to hit hooks. If he just runs to the hero, and they don't have any type of blink, that hero can't do much. The only way for the hero to dogde him is if the hero anticipates when dev will strike and then jukes/retreats in time, but I played in some unranked nub game so maybe it was just who I was playing with.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 92 93 94 95 96117 >
  Back to forum