Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: HoN
HoN
Sep 16 2009, 11:26 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 101 102 103 104 105117 >

Apr 11 2011, 8:53 pm Bar Refaeli Post #2041

Devourer + Engineer = Hook to stacked mines = Nom nom nom nom.

None.

Apr 11 2011, 10:10 pm ShredderIV Post #2042

Quote from NudeRaider
ewwww. 11pm is like 5am for me. You won't find me playing at that time :(
Probably be on tomorrow a lot as well. Dunno what time, but whatever.

None.

Apr 12 2011, 7:44 pm poison_us Post #2043

Back* from the grave

http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/match_replay.php?mid=36017603
Not a great game, but I had some fairly nice snags in between the shit ones. Would've had the first kill but i missed TB, who sucked anyways.

Oh, and is it normal for a global ult champ (bombardier) to call people chicken?

Apr 12 2011, 8:50 pm ShredderIV Post #2044

To everyone that played with me today, sorry about being such a dick haha, just really difficult when your internet decides to crap on you and you cant do anything to help.

Might be on later when it isnt such shit. Then we can play without all of the rage from me.

None.

Apr 13 2011, 12:31 am NudeRaider Post #2045

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from NudeRaider
Shred is the new Hydro

Apr 13 2011, 12:55 am Phobos Post #2046

Are you sure about that?

But is Shreder a loli lover?

this is signature

Apr 13 2011, 3:54 am Decency Post #2047

My team is 2-0 in the reddit amateur tournament. =)

Game 1: http://thisisnewerth.com/?m=35928394
Game 2: http://thisisnewerth.com/?m=36056079

We'll hopefully be rolling through the entire tournament with the team composition we used in Game 2. It's frankly just silly.

None.

Apr 13 2011, 4:34 pm ShredderIV Post #2048

Shred is the new Hydro
Nude, you played enough with me before to know that I dont usually act like that.

The frustration just built from over a long time of having to deal with this shit, and it kind of manifested itself in the form of rage yesterday. Just play with me when I dont have 1000 ping, and you'll see that hydro and I are different.

also, no I dont like lolis, and how am i the new Hydro when Hydro is still around?

None.

Apr 13 2011, 4:49 pm NudeRaider Post #2049

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from ShredderIV
Shred is the new Hydro
Nude, you played enough with me before to know that I dont usually act like that.
I know, I know, I was just teasing you. :P

Apr 14 2011, 3:32 am Sand Wraith Post #2050

she/her

You guys talk as if there is something wrong with me.

Sorry, but the only problem with being godlike (me) is that you're only godlike. But it's for balance reasons, so I'm fine with this handicap.

Apr 14 2011, 4:26 am Decency Post #2051

3-0! =)

http://thisisnewerth.com/?m=36166059

None.

Apr 14 2011, 5:44 pm NudeRaider Post #2052

Quote from Sand Wraith
Sorry, but the only problem with being godlike (me) is that you're only godlike. But it's for balance reasons, so I'm fine with this handicap.
And that you're raging when not everyone is godlike (although I admit you've been much calmer lately). But I'm fine with this if it means I can learn from a better player. ;)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 14 2011, 6:20 pm by NudeRaider.

Apr 15 2011, 3:22 am Neki Post #2053

I don't mind raging as long as that person can carry. I remember the last time Hydro tried carrying with Sand Wraith, he completely blew it. So Hydro doesn't ever get to rage. :lol:

None.

Apr 15 2011, 4:14 am Decency Post #2054

Holy shit.

Preempt to this Round 4 tournament game: we look over their team's stats and realize that their "captain" was 1375 PSR 3 weeks ago and was getting stomped in "noob only" casual games and has since been on a ridiculous tear, including going 20-0-25 in two previous RAL tournament games as the team's main trilane carry and is up 1670. The day of the game we're contacted by their "manager" who is an 1890 player (the tournament requires a rating of under 1850) and he tells us that they want to play at 6. We don't mention to him that he's clearly the smurf but file a complaint to the tournament admins, who trace the IP's with S2's help and confirm that they are the same player. They get DQ'ed, but obviously deny it. We offer to play the game anyway, since they were talking about how they're just in the tournament "for fun" (right). After a long discussion where I catch them in about six different lies about whose account it is, who's playing on it, and where the previous games were played (they mentioned LAN centers), they finally agree to play. In the pregame banter I point out that their 1890 player strangely logged off right before their captain got on, lots of lol's ensue with them trying to defend that, I ask where their captain was playing now and they said at his house, so I ask if S2 were to run an IP trace again it wouldn't come up the same as before. At this point they threaten to leave and get ridiculously mad so we get going.

This is without a doubt the most insane game of HoN I've ever played. We ran a pretty much nonstop 5 man push team for 40 minutes against their high AoE defense, it was an absolutely ridiculous game and I'll probably cast it myself after the tournament ends, so as not to give our strategy away prematurely (I don't think it's beatable unless counterpicked against).

My friend streamed the game and I think it's encoding right now so if you want to hear all of our voicecomm and me in "Captain Mode" raging I'll post a link up tomorrow with that VOD. I'm going to watch it myself. =D

If not, here's the replay: http://thisisnewerth.com/?m=36263111

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 15 2011, 4:19 am by FaZ-.

None.

Apr 15 2011, 5:10 pm NudeRaider Post #2055

Oh wow, over 100% base damage, thats almost like everyone has a DD. +15% lifesteal and armor reduction from DS and Andro this is just sick.

This is why you still won teamfights despite being several levels behind and being squishy overall.
But it also makes proper fighting very important which could be observed during the last 2 teamfights.
The first you had a revive but still lost because MQ, your only real damage dealer, died right at the start and so Hag who was caught in Temp's ult didn't get any damage. 2nd time you'd let Arachna die first and then caught 3 in Temp's ult so MQ could rape them. => gg ;)

Apr 15 2011, 5:28 pm Decency Post #2056

The lifesteal only applies to melee heroes, so we don't get that, but we do get damage, +5 armor, and some mana regeneration from Abyssal Skull which is nice. My elementals literally hit for 102-110 damage, each, when fully buffed. And there's 6 of them if they split right. =D

This is the toughest game we've played with this team composition. It's usually just a walkover, like the second game of the tournament here or some matchmaking games here and here.

Our teamfights were very uncoordinated this game, mostly because people were focused on attacking the towers and our best player wasn't playing so we had a sub on Andromeda who is usually hugely important for vision and initiation. Overall still a solid game.

The VOD of all my rage is HERE. I can't wait to watch it. =D

None.

Apr 16 2011, 12:12 am Decency Post #2057

4-1. =(

Damn. We had a solid lead too, just lost one big teamfight and got double raxed. =(

None.

Apr 16 2011, 12:28 am OlimarandLouie Post #2058

I really need to buy HoN. But I want to get Portal 2 first... D:

None.

Apr 16 2011, 4:39 pm NudeRaider Post #2059

How do you play Zephyr? I just can't find a good guide.
Is there a build (items/spells) that allows you to jungle from L1 on? Because imo going jungle on L3 or later leaves your lane mate in a bad position.

I don't need a full fledged guide, but some pointers like starting items and skill build for jungling and when to get into team fights. Keep it as simple as possible, although I know he's very flexible. I don't need 50 versions of how to play him, I need one that's beginner friendly and works in most team compositions.

Apr 16 2011, 5:51 pm ShredderIV Post #2060

Quote from NudeRaider
How do you play Zephyr? I just can't find a good guide.
Is there a build (items/spells) that allows you to jungle from L1 on? Because imo going jungle on L3 or later leaves your lane mate in a bad position.

I don't need a full fledged guide, but some pointers like starting items and skill build for jungling and when to get into team fights. Keep it as simple as possible, although I know he's very flexible. I don't need 50 versions of how to play him, I need one that's beginner friendly and works in most team compositions.
some people dont even jungle. Due to his gust, and using good hero blocking, zephyr can kill his enemies in lane pretty easily, and it's a lot of times more useful, especially since his tornado damage to creeps was nerfed a lot.

Otherwise, I havent played him in long enough to know specific builds and stuff.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 101 102 103 104 105117 >
  Back to forum