Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Jewel of Saviour RPG
Jewel of Saviour RPG
Oct 15 2007, 9:22 pm
By: E-ffect  

Oct 16 2007, 9:11 pm Nimitz Post #21

Lol, except for those retard player who use to play Strip Sakura, I don't know who want sex sound.

Still... you can add some if you fell pubs will like this.
a

None.

Oct 17 2007, 1:34 am E-ffect Post #22

this isnt for pubs its for the MMing community. bored one night give my rpg a try haha :)

None.

Oct 18 2007, 5:50 am Hugel Post #23

First off: While I do like the map and want to see more, I think you should hold off and finish more of the map before releasing another demo, rather than showing us every change you made. You seem like you have a very good grasp on making maps and you don't really need our input until your further along and need more bug testing than anything.

Now that we got that out of the way: The item shop was broken, nothing worked, and the items in the shop do not match the items that I can use from the dropship. The church was always visible after I visited it, the bench units were not given back to the right player I think. The "center view" triggers you have going for the item shop and the upgrade center are off. When you leave, it does a "center view" on the spot where you fight the ultralisk, but it does this after centering on your unit, seems redundant. The part when the hydras start appearing, the difficulty level raises immensely. I found myself running back to town very often to heal. Most of the units in that area have either +2 or +3. I think the first area had a good mix of units, perhaps you can follow this same system to try and balance it out. The ability you get at level 3 only works once. Was it intended that you could only use it once? The DT that is on the left side is removed after I used the skill once and it would not activate.

Finally: Good directions for the map so far, good concepts. I look forward to learning more of the storyline and seeing more of the map. Will you be expanding the size of the map or is this the final size? Seems like you'd run out of room fairly quickly as the map is already over half filled.

Hugel

None.

Oct 24 2007, 6:23 am Zank Post #24

alright i'm going to start playing your map right now, I'll update this on how i felt it went

None.

Oct 27 2007, 4:45 pm Moose Post #25

We live in a society.

For the record, if you post Showcase topics without sufficent information about the map, your topic will be deleted. Keep that in mind next time.

Oct 28 2007, 1:42 am E-ffect Post #26

Thanks for the advice Hugel ill get working on that when I can, right now my computer that i was using to make the map crashed.. blame vista -_-;

Anyway a new production will be started in a few days, came concept just better more room for a better storyline and balancing issues will be fixed ASAP.

Sorry moose i just wanted to show everybody what i was working on is all.

None.

Oct 28 2007, 4:27 am Akar Post #27

Guys, just because there is a lack of discipline doesn't mean you can break the rules and be "k0o1!" because rules are "meant to be broken".
If you guys want to argue, could you please take it to the PMs? Where it isn't rudely out in the open.

None.

Dec 21 2007, 10:01 am E-ffect Post #28

For those who care and are still interested, the map is back in progress. got my computer back ^-^.

- few glitchs are fixed
- did some more balancing
- working on storyline/text
- part 3 of the map in the works
- abilities fixed/added
- max levels at the moment 6
- bazaar complete

beta v0.23b will be released eventually once i get part 3 in testing.

BY THE WAY FOR THE MAP SIZE IT IS SURPOSE TO BE SMALL LIKE THAT, THIS IS A 2 PART MAP.
Part 1 of JOS = arriving to the continent and leveling up, PART 2 = fighting your way to the evil lair lol
and getting back the jewel of saviour before the dark wizard can do any damage with it.

the boss will be using abilities while u fight him.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 21 2007, 10:23 am by wHiZZ.

None.

Apr 27 2014, 2:44 am The_Effect Post #29

NGM Leader

Does anyone have a version of the map on there computer im back to SC1 Map making and im looking to finish this project if you do please let me know!

----- Next Generation Mappers (Leader)
www.comingsoon.com

current map list:
-- Black Hawk Down v2.0e (BETA)
-- Area 51
-- Aliens SE
-- Helms Deep v.NGM
-- Scope V2.1c
-- Narco's V2 (BETA)
-- Wild lands RPG
-- Sanctuary RPG (BETA)

Options